Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Standard 'Leather' Pouch: Hot or Not..

AHB · 36 · 4889

Poll

So how do you feel about them..

Love them
6 (12.8%)
Hate them
27 (57.4%)
I don't care, I just like polls
14 (29.8%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Re: Leatherman Standard 'Leather' Pouch: Hot or Not..
Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 07:08:52 PM
 I think they tried to do too many things at once , and ended up with something that doesn't do anything well . I guess I should disqualify myself , as I have smurfcanned almost all pouches and packaging . Pre 04 their nylon stuff was top notch , but that was a subtlety most customers neither understood nor appreciated . The Leather stuff was functional , if not decorative

Chris

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 12:19:12 AM
I like the ones for the Wave. I have a few of these for my Vic Spirits and Skeletools. I don't like the ones for the likes of the Fuse and Blast. Feel rough and nasty.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Bill86

Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 08:44:43 AM
I never was a fan of any leather pouch (not that I've ever had a good one and maybe that's why) BUT I do love the nylon or whatever sheaths that pretty much every company produces. Fits the belt loop nice holds the tool. I'm happy but then and again I'm way too easy to please.

Someone might want to enlighten me on the gloriousness of leather sheaths.
L

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 01:57:58 PM
Both materials have their place , Leather ( properly executed and maintained) will outlast ,and look better while doing it . Leather lends itself to one off , custom items , Nylon lends itself to mass production . If you want indestructable , look at Kydex . Sadly it has a rather high noise signature , and scratches the hell outta wooden furniture .

Chris
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 02:23:32 PM by Styerman »

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #34 on: March 29, 2010, 09:10:07 PM
I used to hate the new LM "leather" sheaths, but now I'm indiffrent...

Since I got my ST300 a few months ago I've EDCed it in the new sheath.  It's functional, but I've never used any of the additional "pockets"...it would make everything too damn tight.  Somehow the old ST200 sheath just looks and feels better, but still simple and not flashy.

And I always remove the yellow (gold on the older ones) LEATHERMAN logo from all my sheaths :D

If Leatherman would produce an aftermarket quality leather sheath they'd have a decent seller I think.
[

us Offline Deere Man

Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 01:22:00 AM
I really don't care for them, but they are functional and I do use them.  However, I only use them because I can't stand nylon sheaths and I can't afford to have a custom maker make me a sheath for every tool.  Someday I'm going to learn how to make my own, but until then I cram the new tools into older style sheaths if I can.  If not, I tolerate the fleather and hope something better comes along. 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%