Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wisdom teeth extraction

Offline andre0407

Wisdom teeth extraction
on: March 09, 2010, 10:00:07 AM
And I got it this morning. What happens next is that it gives me medical off, to exempt me from going back to camp.. and the next thing I know, on Friday, I'll be finishing my National Service liability! :D :D

Will accept pic requests of my extracted wisdom teeth.  >:D  >:D

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Re: Wisdom teeth extraction
Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:24:36 AM
Will accept pic requests of my extracted wisdom teeth.  >:D  >:D

Lucky you! ... now do it!

When I had mine removed I had pudding for about half a day then went straight for the steak... complaining the entire time of course as I refused to take the painkillers. :D
Got those frog legs.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 10:56:58 AM
ouch, i had mine done many years ago and have lots removed due to too much coke drinking  :-\ now i have ones that come out  :D much easier to clean,  :rofl:

good luck

paul

Offline andre0407

Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 12:29:08 PM
Heh. WARNING! IF you are disgusted by teeth please do not scroll down..

Yeah. It left HUGE bloody wells where the teeth used to be.  >:(

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 01:12:04 PM
Heh. WARNING! IF you are disgusted by teeth please do not scroll down..

(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah. It left HUGE bloody wells where the teeth used to be.  >:(

did they not stitch them up as they did mine, although was many years ago,

paul

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 01:14:21 PM
Hmm...

It looks like there is a little brain matter on those teeth...  :ahhh :ahhh

:D

Jello is good...

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 01:23:11 PM
I had one out back in October last year, it's not much fun is it. :-\
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline andre0407

Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 01:57:37 PM
Yeah Paul, they did, but the bleeding lasted many hours after I got home. As of now, I can still taste iron in my mouth. >:(

Hmm...

It looks like there is a little brain matter on those teeth...  :ahhh :ahhh

:D

Jello is good...

:twak: :twak:  :D :D Well my girlfriend did complain that I could be smarter, but I took the brain-o'-meter and nope! I can compute better than Jello... er... maybe equivalent to that of a Twiggie. :D

I had one out back in October last year, it's not much fun is it. :-\

Oh Gareth, it was horrible. They covered my eyes up prior to the procedure and you can imagine that it's pretty unnerving, with the buzz of the drills just by my ears and I cannot even see when the dental surgeon is going to put the tool in or do anything funny. :( Once in a lifetime would suffice!  :-[

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 02:06:01 PM
watch the stitches as i remember one was dangling down my throat after a week  :-\ 

Offline andre0407

Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 02:10:59 PM
watch the stitches as i remember one was dangling down my throat after a week  :-\ 

I'll be sure to notice. Thanks Paul.  :salute:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 02:30:27 PM

I'll be sure to notice. Thanks Paul.  :salute:

you will andre as it tickles your throat  :-\ it made me gag and i had to snip it off  :D

Offline andre0407

Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 03:07:15 PM
Ah. Which makes a MT with a good pair of scissors a must. <3 Micra. Hahaha.

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 04:15:57 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought you where going to ask what Multi would be best to get them out with >:D
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 06:08:23 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought you where going to ask what Multi would be best to get them out with >:D

Crunch. :tu:

:ahhh

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 06:13:54 PM
Nice >:D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 06:46:59 PM
I need to get mine out but I'm not looking forward to it. I've had several surgeries, I've had stomach surgery, I've had a kidney removed and I was fine with those but for some reason dentists scare the hell out of me.
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

gb Offline Screwtape

• I am the Toast King!!
Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 09:30:38 PM
I think Sog, need the pointy pliers and compound leaverage to boot  :multi:
"Hello! I am the Toast King and I rule over the Moon!"

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 09:38:26 PM
Had mind done years ago, the two lower ones weren't going straight so they had to be hammer and chiseled into 4 pieces and taken out. Local anesthetic only, no painkiller afterwards, but it wasn't bad really.

Offline andre0407

Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 03:33:56 PM
I think Sog, need the pointy pliers and compound leaverage to boot  :multi:

NOOOOO!!  :ahhh

Had mind done years ago, the two lower ones weren't going straight so they had to be hammer and chiseled into 4 pieces and taken out. Local anesthetic only, no painkiller afterwards, but it wasn't bad really.

Yeah, JZ. It wasn't hurting at all by today, 24 hrs later. But I learned of the importance of irrigating and rinsing out the particles that might get trapped in the new cavity- I was brushing my teeth and I was horrified/amazed by the amount of food particles that was trapped.  :ahhh

I need to get mine out but I'm not looking forward to it. I've had several surgeries, I've had stomach surgery, I've had a kidney removed and I was fine with those but for some reason dentists scare the hell out of me.

I guess if you explain your situation to them, dth, they might consider giving you general anesthesia? If you conked out, I think it would be easier, though the procedure was really fast. Trust me. The most painful part is actually the administration of the anesthetic, which is pretty ok.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 04:51:32 PM
Yuk yuky yuk  :ahhh

I hate dentists and had all my wisdoms out years ago.... it was not nice!

The first one came out as an emergency due to sudden and agonising pain. This was a quick and bloody affair.

The other 3 came out as a pre-booked appointment a couple of years later. Three things of note occurred at said extraction.

Firstly, one of my teeth was so impacted they had to drill down it to it, break it in half down to the root and get it out in pieces (which I kept somewhere).

Secondly, I was given some very nice drugs to deal with this horrific ordeal.

Thirdly, as a result of number 2 above, I considered it appropriate to ask the lovely middle aged nurse to sit on my face before being carried out of there.

All things considered, I am very glad I have no more wisdom teeth to extract :D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 06:47:31 PM
Quote from: andre0407
Yeah, JZ. It wasn't hurting at all by today, 24 hrs later. But I learned of the importance of irrigating and rinsing out the particles that might get trapped in the new cavity- I was brushing my teeth and I was horrified/amazed by the amount of food particles that was trapped.  :ahhh

I well remember that. :(  I hate to say it Andre but you'll be at it for a couple of months yet if my experience is anything to go by. :-\

Offline Hedge Kid

• Member 003 of the MickyD Fan Club
Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 07:40:22 PM
Bleurch wisdom teeth.

I had my top two out a few years ago. The dentist said it would take 15 minutes. An hour and a half of twisting, tugging, wrenching and breaking one of them later, I stopped him because I couldn't control my survival instinct anymore and was about to deck him. The anaesthetic had worn off and let's face it - a man with pliers and no talent in your mouth is a very bad thing!

Suffice it to say, I had to go into hospital and have it x-rayed - only to find out that my teeth are hanging onto my jaw bone with their determined little fists. I had to wait a couple of months (in extreme pain) for the swelling to go down and the NHS to give me a appointment to get the broken teeth out. Eventually the hospital dentist did it by drilling out my jaw bone to the side.

A couple of years ago I had to have the top two out - by a different dentist. He did it in seconds with no anaesthetic  :tu: It was uncomfortable but not hugely painful. However I did get an infection in my skull because I didn't rinse it out enough and the holes were so deep that the top healed over before the underneath was ready. THAT was unpleasant!!!

So rinse rinse rinse. Get that salt water going!
I

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 12:03:45 AM
Bleurch wisdom teeth.

I had my top two out a few years ago. The dentist said it would take 15 minutes. An hour and a half of twisting, tugging, wrenching and breaking one of them later, I stopped him because I couldn't control my survival instinct anymore and was about to deck him. The anaesthetic had worn off and let's face it - a man with pliers and no talent in your mouth is a very bad thing!

Suffice it to say, I had to go into hospital and have it x-rayed - only to find out that my teeth are hanging onto my jaw bone with their determined little fists. I had to wait a couple of months (in extreme pain) for the swelling to go down and the NHS to give me a appointment to get the broken teeth out. Eventually the hospital dentist did it by drilling out my jaw bone to the side.

A couple of years ago I had to have the top two out - by a different dentist. He did it in seconds with no anaesthetic  :tu: It was uncomfortable but not hugely painful. However I did get an infection in my skull because I didn't rinse it out enough and the holes were so deep that the top healed over before the underneath was ready. THAT was unpleasant!!!

Flippin' heck Minty! :o

My whole jaw is aching after reeding that, what an experience. :(

Offline andre0407

Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 12:15:43 AM
Bleurch wisdom teeth.

Flippin' heck Minty! :o

My whole jaw is aching after reeding that, what an experience. :(

:dwts: my god... I just got more respect for you, Hedge kid. :salute:

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 12:18:33 AM
Sucks to see all the bad wisdom teeth experiences.

Back during my senior year of high school I had the wisdoms on my right side become impacted and in the course of only a few hours my face started swelling and I began experiencing severe pain. We managed to get into surgery the next morning and it was an absolute breeze from there out. I remember getting a pain pill and counting back from 100 (I think I got to 97) before I passed out. Woke up a few hours later with two less teeth, some stitches and feeling like a million bucks. Never had any pain or problems from the surgery, guess I'm just lucky.

My other two wisdoms came in fine but really messed with the alignment of my teeth, one day I'm going to have to get braces if I want straight teeth again.

Both my older brothers had to have theirs broken out of their heads ( :o) and spent several weeks in pain with quite a bit of spontaneous bleeding.

Thirdly, as a result of number 2 above, I considered it appropriate to ask the lovely middle aged nurse to sit on my face before being carried out of there.
:rofl:

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 12:21:30 AM
remember in Cast Away when Tom Hanks knocked his tooth out with an ice skate and a rock? :ahhh
:like:    :MTO:

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 02:14:53 AM

:rofl:  Made my evening :D

I still have mine, though they've come through at right angles  ::)  The dentist has hinted that I may want to have them removed, I've politely pointed out that whilst they are healthy and giving me no problems we'll be leaving them well alone.
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

Offline andre0407

Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 03:07:48 AM
I still have mine, though they've come through at right angles  ::)  The dentist has hinted that I may want to have them removed, I've politely pointed out that whilst they are healthy and giving me no problems we'll be leaving them well alone.

Neil, if your wisdom tooth are biting together and are functional, you'll have no reasons to remove them. :)  :cheers:

Offline Kmarr

Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 03:10:09 AM
I had mine out july 6th last summer. I remember the date cuz it was the worst two weeks of my life!! :ahhh
I looked like a chipmunk and ate oatmeal for a week straight.  The hydros worked wonders though, made me feel like I was on cloud 9 :angel:

I'll see if I can post pics of my teeth!

Offline andre0407

Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 03:12:41 AM
I had mine out july 6th last summer. I remember the date cuz it was the worst two weeks of my life!! :ahhh
I looked like a chipmunk and ate oatmeal for a week straight.  The hydros worked wonders though, made me feel like I was on cloud 9 :angel:

I'll see if I can post pics of my teeth!

Heh~ please do. :D :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD