Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Where can I buy the leatherman binder posts?

nobody · 43 · 4321

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Where can I buy the leatherman binder posts?
Reply #30 on: July 24, 2007, 03:20:45 AM
Too bad they are so dang expensive.   :(
I like the concept of having them available as loaners. That way lots of guys can have access to them if needed.   
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #31 on: July 24, 2007, 05:29:46 AM
I'm hesitant modding my Blast and Fuse together after seeing that knurled bolt unscrewer :ahhh

...just be gentile with the Vise Grips...gentile with the Grips... 8)
[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #32 on: July 24, 2007, 01:22:31 PM
It might have been a great giveaway item, but at the cost and really limited usefulness we feel that a loaner program would be the best way.  No one really needs them full time, but when you need them, you need them!

If anyone has any suggestions on how you feel the loaner program should work, please send me a PT.  I am always interested in hearing suggestions.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 04:07:14 AM
Def, are those nut turners sized for the old Leatherman screws of the newer ones?  The ones on my Super Tool look a hair bigger than the ones on my Kick and Blast...
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: July 25, 2007, 04:09:49 AM
There are two sizes- I believe a 6mm and a 7mm size, so they should fit most Leathermans with the old knurled screws.

Of course there also has to be two of each size so you can hold one screwhead and turn the other.  They'll be loaned out as a set of four, as the one handed opening models I believe have both sizes.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #35 on: July 25, 2007, 04:51:23 AM
Wow, I can distingush a 1mm diffrence ;D 8)  I may wait until a loaning program gets underway to take down my Blast and Kick...I've got one brand new pair of needle nose grips...and a (much) less than new pair from work, one for each nut.  I can't get a decent grip (without messing up the nut) with the ancient vise grips I borrowed.
[

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #36 on: July 25, 2007, 02:18:35 PM
Well, we've had a few suggestions of how to go about running a tool loan project, but so far, most of them have been pretty close to the ideas we have already looked into.

Many of you have been pretty generous in your suggestions, and I appreciate it, but I want to be fair to everyone.  For now, if you want to give them a shot, send me a PT and I'll see what we can work out.  Bear in mind, that at the very least, you will be responsible for insured and tracked shipping costs.  I wasn't kidding when I said they were riotously expensive, and beyond the expense, the likelihood of getting another set for any amount of money is less than the chances of me winning the lotto this weekend, and I haven't even got a ticket.

Def

Offline jay_imok

Reply #37 on: November 12, 2007, 07:27:49 PM
... tool loan project...you want to give them a shot...I'll see what we can work out...be responsible for insured and tracked shipping costs.

i think this post was from July '07. did this ever get off the ground?

my suggestion would be for you to take a credit card number and hold it until the tools are returned. i have a Kick that is aching for a little "surgery".

thanks,

j

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #38 on: November 12, 2007, 07:39:09 PM
Unfortunately I have no way of billing a credit card if the tools went missing.  Great idea, and I am always open to them, but at this point I don't think we ever came up with a sure fire solution.

Def

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #39 on: November 13, 2007, 03:20:51 AM
I just posted about this over in the Mod Forum HERE.

It seems that the Kick Pocket Clip accessory has a set of serrations in the hole that match up perfectly with the knurled screw heads. Buy a pair of them. They work fine on the 6mm screw heads. This includes all screws on the PST, PST II, Flair, Crunch, and Pulse. Also the blade-end screws on the SuperTool, SuperTool 200, Charge AL and ALX, Blast, Fuse, and Kick. (It will not work on the plier head pivot screws on these tools, which have 7mm knurled heads)

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: November 13, 2007, 04:48:58 AM
That is a great Idea Bob :)
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #41 on: November 13, 2007, 04:59:52 AM
Thanks prime! I just tried it out on my Kick. The clips holds the screw securely enough that I was able to pop the locktite, no problem.  :)

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #42 on: November 13, 2007, 01:38:59 PM
Great find that!  :)  Makes me want to modify my PST.  :D
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56