Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox named an official pocketknife supplier to US army

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:18:19 PM by Sneider »
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

us Offline italophil

I'd like one of the anodized 111mm knifes. 

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Believe there was an earlier thread on this but can't find it. The supplier wouldn't sell to individuals.

us Offline El Corkscrew

!!!!
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline italophil

Believe there was an earlier thread on this but can't find it. The supplier wouldn't sell to individuals.

I took the 108mm Victorinox that the German Army issued to me and still have it, but I don't think it is worth enlisting again for a black blade. :)

us Offline El Corkscrew

I took the 108mm Victorinox that the German Army issued to me and still have it, but I don't think it is worth enlisting again for a black blade. :)

You were in the German army?
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline italophil

10 month mandatory service 1998/99. The good old days without war on terror and such. I think the most used tool was the bottle opener.

us Offline El Corkscrew

10 month mandatory service 1998/99. The good old days without war on terror and such. I think the most used tool was the bottle opener.

haha.  Awesome, don't meet many stateside Germans.  Ich liebe den Vaterland.lol.  Ich hab ein Semester an der Pädogogische Hochschule Karlsruhe studiert, und hat auch mit meine Tante und Onkel im Schwarzwald kurz gewohnt.   Ich plane eine Reise, um zurückzukehren.  :cheers:  Geniesst du USA besser als Deutschland?

us Offline italophil

haha.  Awesome, don't meet many stateside Germans.  Ich liebe den Vaterland.lol.  Ich hab ein Semester an der Pädogogische Hochschule Karlsruhe studiert, und hat auch mit meine Tante und Onkel im Schwarzwald kurz gewohnt.   Ich plane eine Reise, um zurückzukehren.  :cheers:  Geniesst du USA besser als Deutschland?

Ich lebe seit 10 Jahren in Boston und ich liebe es. Hier gibt es viel mehr Möglichkeiten sowohl beruflich als auch privat als in Deutschland. Nur weniger Urlaub, in Deutschland hatte ich 30 Tage pro Jahr.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
As soon as people realise these are a two handed to close liner lock, or for lefties, I think they are going to have a lot of these collecting dust.

I wish Vic would bring out a liner lock that unlocks right-to-left has a tab large enough to catch with gloves would make it one handed open AND close knife. THAT would sell in greater quantity I think
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

br Offline BleaKrytE

• Hello world. I'm Vinícius!
Re: Victorinox named an official pocketknife supplier to US army
Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 02:12:44 AM
Believe it or not Victorinox made a limited run of black anodized 111mm knives restricted to the Brazilian market. Which is weird considering we're a quire small market for them. But still, anodized blades!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Uni student, environmental activist (yes, I'm that annoying guy that mentions climate change every third minute), motorcyclist.

us Offline aluminated

Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 02:23:19 AM
As soon as people realise these are a two handed to close liner lock, or for lefties, I think they are going to have a lot of these collecting dust.

I wish Vic would bring out a liner lock that unlocks right-to-left has a tab large enough to catch with gloves would make it one handed open AND close knife. THAT would sell in greater quantity I think
:twak: Lay off the lefties! :twak:  :twak:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 02:47:13 AM

I have no issues closing one handed... :cheers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nz Offline moonweasel

Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 02:55:18 AM

I have no issues closing one handed... :cheers:

Same here, left or right handed, just a slightly different technique.

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 04:56:19 AM
If I read the article (release) correct the deal is not for a US Army purchase and distribute to soldiers,!but sounds like a exclusive deal let soldiers buy this knife and add to their gear. 

So would this be a base PX exclusive?  The deal does not make a big impact on Manufacturing, just some different scales.   

If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 08:12:26 AM
Here's the earlier thread.

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,21658.msg1372803.html#msg1372803

And here's the reply on buying one:

a reply from the Windros Group on that US military knife…

"The KCU was developed for the US military.
Sales are restricted to Law Enforcement, Military and Federal Agencies personnel.
Thank you"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $279.86
PayPal Fees: $14.66
Net Balance: $265.20
Below Goal: $34.80
Site Currency: USD