Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Buying from overseas on eBay?

Offline Smudge

Buying from overseas on eBay?
on: July 14, 2017, 12:25:38 PM
Looking from a few SAK's on eBay. One is in Switzerland and the other Russia. I've never done this before. Should I anticipate any issues or additional fees?  Thanks

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Buying from overseas on eBay?
Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 12:33:26 PM
As long as you pay using Paypal, their service will always get you a refund if anything goes wrong.
No matter if your money ends up in Russia or The Artic.
Shipping times may vary.

Always take a sellers reputation into account.

97% may sound good, but that's 3 unhappy clients each 100.
Some sell thousands of items a day (usualy large Asian stores) which meand that every day quite some people don't receive what they wanted or don't receive anything at all. But even then, Paypall is your pall :tu:

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 12:36:05 PM
Additional costs may be import charges. Depends on where you live, what the value of the goods is and what the import tax rules of your country are.

About issues.. I myself have done over 200 international transactions (both sending and receiving) in the past years and never lost anything in the mail.

Just make sure your address is correct. Really, it may sound stupid but when I sell something I always double check the address of the buyer with google maps, the local white pages, if ebay address matches paypal address etc, and it is really unbelievable how many times there is something wrong in the address. You would expect people to know their own address  :think:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

nz Offline moonweasel

Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 01:36:43 PM
Looking from a few SAK's on eBay. One is in Switzerland and the other Russia. I've never done this before. Should I anticipate any issues or additional fees?  Thanks
I have bought stuff from Germany, Russia Ukraine and Switzerland, no problems at all, I was in Australia. Russian stuff can take a while just to get out of the country,
Your local customs/border people affect any extra costs at the border though, just depends where you are.

au Offline Grass

• First, we take Manhattan
Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 02:11:58 PM
Did my first ebay purchase from Russia the other week - a new model, a black liner lock outrider - went remarkably smoothly. Agree with the other feedback here about going for ultra high good feedback :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%