Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber MP 600 D.E.T Fake.

Chako · 260 · 121882

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Gerber MP 600 D.E.T Fake.
Reply #90 on: March 27, 2010, 02:05:08 AM
Different plier head mold though. And different handle stamping dies. And different blades. And different slide lock releases.

OK one thing is clear than , I am a complete fool  :D :D :D :D :D :D :( :P
Finally something we can all agree on :shrug:                                                                                          :D

You do know he's just going to take that as an added compliment
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #91 on: March 27, 2010, 02:14:05 AM
 :drink:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #92 on: March 27, 2010, 02:17:10 AM
 :rofl: yep  :D :D.

If someone tracks down the 'Fake Fu#king Fu$ked Up Friskars Fine Establishment of Fakes ' company I would like to contact them to see if they would make me  a copy of the 10th Anniversary PST  :P :P :D :D  

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #93 on: March 27, 2010, 02:26:35 AM

If someone tracks down the 'Fake Fu#king Fu$ked Up Friskars Fine Establishment of Fakes ' company I would like to contact them to see if they would make me  a copy of the 10th Anniversary PST  :P :P :D :D  

I wonder if the gold paint will be dry yet before hugewish has them up on eBay? ::) :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #94 on: March 27, 2010, 02:28:11 AM

Im holding out for the "Fake Fu#king Fu$ked Up Leathermans Fine Establishment of Fakes " so I can get my copy of the 18k gold charge that is in their display case for $40,000.00!!!
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #95 on: March 27, 2010, 07:42:12 AM

I wonder if the gold paint will be dry yet before hugewish has them up on eBay? ::) :D

Bob you do a disservice to the FFFUFFEOF company , their minimum production standards would not allow simple gold paint  :twak: :twak:.
I think they would use some kind of toxic gold colored plaiting that fads too poo brown in 6months  ;) :D :P :D :D :D

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #96 on: March 27, 2010, 07:45:11 AM

Bob you do a disservice to the FFFUFFEOF company , their minimum production standards would not allow simple gold paint  :twak: :twak:.
I think they would use some kind of toxic gold colored plaiting that fads too poo brown in 6months  ;) :D :P :D :D :D
Do you think the do TiNi SOGs too.. ??  :P :P  :D :D

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #97 on: March 27, 2010, 07:56:36 AM
Allan we really need a contact , so we can ask  :D :D :D :D

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #98 on: March 27, 2010, 07:58:08 AM
Allan we really need a contact , so we can ask  :D :D :D :D
We're gonna be soo rich...  :cheers:

:D :D

us Offline SlackOne

• See Saw Seen
Reply #99 on: March 29, 2010, 02:02:31 AM
While everyone is seeing this as eBay-only, I'm kind of wondering how many of these will end up wandering around all over Asia, Africa, Russia, and South America.  Counterfeit trade in parts of those areas is...erm...brisk, so this might actually sell well.  Also, considering the kind of blatant counterfeit items I've seen in "Chinese Crap Stores" and flea markets here in the States, I'm not entirely sure that some unmarked examples of this tool won't end up plonking down on our shores as well.

Maybe on Airsoft sites :P
Half-ass done wholeheartedly!

Offline Multitaskertools

Reply #100 on: March 29, 2010, 04:31:15 AM
eBay shields the Chinese sellers from legal action via trademark/patent infringement; much easier to penalize someone selling this merchandise from the US.

• No Life Club
Reply #101 on: March 29, 2010, 05:25:14 AM
eBay shields the Chinese sellers from legal action via trademark/patent infringement; much easier to penalize someone selling this merchandise from the US.

How?  How do they shield them? ???
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

Offline Multitaskertools

Reply #102 on: March 29, 2010, 05:28:08 AM

how is Gerber going to sue them? In China? :rofl:

• No Life Club
Reply #103 on: March 29, 2010, 05:37:01 AM

how is Gerber going to sue them? In China? :rofl:

Yeah I can see that. But can't they still take legal action to have their auctions brought down or accounts terminated?  maybe some action against ebay if they will not shut down their auctions? 

-Dylan Thomas

Offline Multitaskertools

Reply #104 on: March 29, 2010, 05:54:18 AM
I'm sure they can shut down this specific account; but it's easy enough to establish a new account to replace the one that's been terminated. It's precisely why you see so many fakes being peddled on eBay - there's no REAL recourse against the sellers of fake merchandise.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #105 on: March 29, 2010, 12:34:19 PM
Gerber can have these listings removed, simply by asking ebay to remove them.

Whitby and Co (UK importers of Leatherman, Maglite, Buck etc) actually have a person / team that trawl the internet looking for things like this so they can close them down. I'd have thought that Gerber would too.

Has anyone told Gerber about these fakes?
I used to come here a lot.

• No Life Club
Reply #106 on: March 29, 2010, 02:35:33 PM

Whitby and Co (UK importers of Leatherman, Maglite, Buck etc) actually have a person / team that trawl the internet looking for things like this so they can close them down. I'd have thought that Gerber would too.

I took them over to Gerber in person and spoke with one of their people.  They were already aware of these people and looking into legal action.  For some reason, I don't think it is as easy as just asking ebay to shut them down because I'm sure they already did and the ads are still up...and still going up.

I also contacted Harley Davidson to have them look into those Harley Davidson multitools the same seller is peddling.  Also contacted the owners of the real webpage, whose screenshot the fake sellers stole and doctored to show the counterfeits and they told me they were not pleased and would contact ebay.

Yet the ads still go up?

-Dylan Thomas

Offline Multitaskertools

Reply #107 on: March 29, 2010, 02:44:57 PM

I took them over to Gerber in person and spoke with one of their people.  They were already aware of these people and looking into legal action.  For some reason, I don't think it is as easy as just asking ebay to shut them down because I'm sure they already did and the ads are still up...and still going up.

I also contacted Harley Davidson to have them look into those Harley Davidson multitools the same seller is peddling.  Also contacted the owners of the real webpage, whose screenshot the fake sellers stole and doctored to show the counterfeits and they told me they were not pleased and would contact ebay.

Yet the ads still go up?

Precisely the point Ive been trying to make. Ebay gives these rogue sellers a safe haven to do business.

You can shut down 1 seller account, then another 1 will pop up in its place.

IMO, the only to root out the problem is to address it from the supply chain side.

• No Life Club
Reply #108 on: March 29, 2010, 02:47:08 PM

Yet the ads still go up?

Precisely the point Ive been trying to make. Ebay gives these rogue sellers a safe haven to do business.

IMO, the only to root out the problem is to address it from the supply chain side.

But its not even a different seller.  Its the same Hugewish guy that still has his account active and still puts up more ads.  Its almost like no action at all has been taken against him

-Dylan Thomas

Offline Multitaskertools

Reply #109 on: March 29, 2010, 02:59:56 PM

Yet the ads still go up?

But its not even a different seller.  Its the same Hugewish guy that still has his account active and still puts up more ads.  Its almost like no action at all has been taken against him

It's been THIS hard to shut this guy down, despite the complaints.

How hard is it going to be for him, or another seller in China, to offer up the same merchandise from a different account?

There is no accountability for selling fakes on eBay, that's why these sellers exploit it.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #110 on: March 29, 2010, 03:03:39 PM
ebay shut me down quick enough, based on a very dodgy instruction from Whitby's  ???

I was told by ebay that when they receive any complaint, they suspend the listings and worry about it later!

Offline Multitaskertools

Reply #111 on: March 29, 2010, 03:10:31 PM
ebay shut me down quick enough, based on a very dodgy instruction from Whitby's  ???

I was told by ebay that when they receive any complaint, they suspend the listings and worry about it later!

perhaps the Ebay.uk fellas actually do their jobs  :multi:

im a bit of a clotheshorse, and i can tell you there are sheer oceans of counterfeit designer goods floating on eBay auctions at anytime - so obvious too

it's why i prefer to buy stuff off Styleforum.net - the admin & membership there does a great job of flushing out fakes.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #112 on: March 29, 2010, 03:53:49 PM

perhaps the Ebay.uk fellas actually do their jobs  :multi:

im a bit of a clotheshorse, and i can tell you there are sheer oceans of counterfeit designer goods floating on eBay auctions at anytime - so obvious too

it's why i prefer to buy stuff off Styleforum.net - the admin & membership there does a great job of flushing out fakes.

Maybe you're right!

ca Offline Charger

• Mr. Crunch!
Reply #113 on: March 30, 2010, 06:32:58 AM
one just sold on ebay.ca for 30 bucks plus 12 shipping.  IDENTICAL to Chako's and............Hugewish!

us Offline WH867

• No Life Club
Reply #114 on: March 30, 2010, 08:20:31 PM
one just sold on ebay.ca for 30 bucks plus 12 shipping.  IDENTICAL to Chako's and............Hugewish!

Hugewish is no longer a registered member on ebay. 
Dennis

• No Life Club
Reply #115 on: March 30, 2010, 09:05:44 PM

Hugewish is no longer a registered member on ebay. 

Booooooya!!! (Yes...I said booya)

Very nice!  I was hoping that if Gerber, Harley Davidson and the administrators of gerber-tools.com all complained something would be done. :cheers:

-Dylan Thomas

ca Offline Charger

• Mr. Crunch!
Reply #116 on: March 31, 2010, 01:58:50 AM
WH867
as of like just now? or as of a long time?

it was .ca not .com

sorry, I was a bit confused by your phrasing

• No Life Club
Reply #117 on: March 31, 2010, 02:05:10 AM
WH867

it was .ca not .com

Has to be today.  I was looking at his other items yesterday and now everything is gone.

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline WH867

• No Life Club
Reply #118 on: March 31, 2010, 02:32:47 AM
WH867

it was .ca not .com

It happened Sometime between late last night and noon today .  I was going to leave feedback for him today and found out I no longer can do that.
Dennis

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD