Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Son of SwissBianco

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Son of SwissBianco
on: March 14, 2010, 07:01:57 PM
I'm just saying...   :-\

http://www.atwoodknives.com/home/16981518.php

[youtube] [/youtube]
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Son of SwissBianco
Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 07:05:46 PM
 :-X
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 07:08:42 PM
 :-X

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 07:12:53 PM
 :-\
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 07:26:19 PM
It's good to see +B going back to designing his own stuff.  I do wonder about the placement of the blade though- I often like to put my thumb against the back of the bottle opener to gain a bit of leverage, and that just seems like it could cause a nasty cut if used like that.

As for it's similarities to the Mini Son Of PryThing, well this wouldn't be the first time he's been accused of using similar designs to someone else.  Still though, as a multitool, we should judge it on it's abilities, as that's pretty much what counts most.

Any more than that, and I agree with the above consensus of  :-X

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 07:32:35 PM
It's good to see +B going back to designing his own stuff.  I do wonder about the placement of the blade though- I often like to put my thumb against the back of the bottle opener to gain a bit of leverage, and that just seems like it could cause a nasty cut if used like that.

As for it's similarities to the Mini Son Of PryThing, well this wouldn't be the first time he's been accused of using similar designs to someone else.  Still though, as a multitool, we should judge it on it's abilities, as that's pretty much what counts most.

Any more than that, and I agree with the above consensus of  :-X

Def

Well then... It looks like it can cut and pry and open bottles. Maybe I'll buy one.  :tu:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 08:40:43 PM
Well, after slashing open the pad on your thumb, I'm pretty sure you'll need a drink!  :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 09:14:06 PM
*sniggers*
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 10:33:30 PM
I do like that little neck knife though.

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 11:14:58 PM
The key thing is just a horrible design... I wonder what the price on the neck knife will be though.

Though I may just boycott his designs regardless. :rofl:
Got those frog legs.

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 03:28:52 AM
It's good to see +B going back to designing his own stuff.  I do wonder about the placement of the blade though- I often like to put my thumb against the back of the bottle opener to gain a bit of leverage, and that just seems like it could cause a nasty cut if used like that.

As for it's similarities to the Mini Son Of PryThing, well this wouldn't be the first time he's been accused of using similar designs to someone else.  Still though, as a multitool, we should judge it on it's abilities, as that's pretty much what counts most.

Any more than that, and I agree with the above consensus of  :-X

Def

I am eager to see if this ever sees the light of day. Our dear buddy Roger has been saying Gatco Timberline was going to produce a production version for a while. It will be a good purchase for folks if he can keep the price low enough. I would like to see something in the 30-40 dollar range, even cheaper if they could swing it. The lower the price, the more folks could purchase it.

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 05:41:17 AM
It's good to see +B going back to designing his own stuff.  I do wonder about the placement of the blade though- I often like to put my thumb against the back of the bottle opener to gain a bit of leverage, and that just seems like it could cause a nasty cut if used like that.

As for it's similarities to the Mini Son Of PryThing, well this wouldn't be the first time he's been accused of using similar designs to someone else.  Still though, as a multitool, we should judge it on it's abilities, as that's pretty much what counts most.

Any more than that, and I agree with the above consensus of  :-X

Def

I am eager to see if this ever sees the light of day. Our dear buddy Roger has been saying Gatco Timberline was going to produce a production version for a while. It will be a good purchase for folks if he can keep the price low enough. I would like to see something in the 30-40 dollar range, even cheaper if they could swing it. The lower the price, the more folks could purchase it.

It will be perfect for your collection.   :tu:

at Offline Woz

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 08:42:55 AM
there was at least one run of his swiss key tool made by his own +B brand. Made in steel, damascus and titanium, iirc. The titanium ones are still available, at 120.- Euro each piece. That´s 165 Dollars. http://www.fehlschaerfe.de/shop/index.php/cPath/56_80?osCsid=fe45b1f740908ad5048a841da6358549 - I guess the US price was lower, and so will be the price of a production model.

Still, I don´t like his work. I like some of his SAK mods, but I used some of his knives and not one of them really worked for me. This lightweight steel and G10 laminate blade just feel weird, the Swiss Basic Tool is OK, but I can get 1-2 Reeves for the same money (even a Sebenza), his TacPen is nothing but another bloody version of the Hinderer pens etc. Guess Swiss innovation is not his best quality. But, to be fair, his SAK mods are amazing and I really love his Alox Vics with a clip!

edc-reviews.blogspot.com

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 10:11:30 AM
there was at least one run of his swiss key tool made by his own +B brand. Made in steel, damascus and titanium, iirc. The titanium ones are still available, at 120.- Euro each piece. That´s 165 Dollars. http://www.fehlschaerfe.de/shop/index.php/cPath/56_80?osCsid=fe45b1f740908ad5048a841da6358549 - I guess the US price was lower, and so will be the price of a production model.

Still, I don´t like his work. I like some of his SAK mods, but I used some of his knives and not one of them really worked for me. This lightweight steel and G10 laminate blade just feel weird, the Swiss Basic Tool is OK, but I can get 1-2 Reeves for the same money (even a Sebenza), his TacPen is nothing but another bloody version of the Hinderer pens etc. Guess Swiss innovation is not his best quality. But, to be fair, his SAK mods are amazing and I really love his Alox Vics with a clip!

The sad thing is even with all its flaws I really like the tool just like I like the Piranha tool, but I just can't support the maker.   :-\ 

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 04:35:48 PM
Sorry John, wish we could all meet on common ground. I might sometime have one in my collection, even though I don't like Roger's business practices I still think it's an interesting pocket tool and like all tools I feel the need to review it for this site. Do you blame me? The masses need to know  :salute:

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 05:14:27 PM
Sorry John, wish we could all meet on common ground. I might sometime have one in my collection, even though I don't like Roger's business practices I still think it's an interesting pocket tool and like all tools I feel the need to review it for this site. Do you blame me? The masses need to know  :salute:

David, this will be my last post in the one piece tool section. You have a job to do and I understand that. Problem solved.   :salute:

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 06:16:28 PM

David, this will be my last post in the one piece tool section. You have a job to do and I understand that. Problem solved.   :salute:

Ever?  The whole one piece tool section?

Seems a bit of an extreme reaction... :think:

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 06:23:42 PM
Yes buddy, gee whiz.... no need to go all extreme on us. There is room for ALL of us here, trust me. Our different views and opinions is what makes this place great. There is just a fantastic blend of thoughts and what not that folks who visit the site can see things from all angles and have a right to form their own opinions on what tools they like. Your opinion and thoughts are valued here in the area of pocket tools and I would appreciate it if you reconsider your choice. You still got my number, send me a message if you would like. I am on my way to work but I can still converse.

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 07:31:51 PM

Ever?  The whole one piece tool section?

Seems a bit of an extreme reaction... :think:

+1 :-\
A

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31