Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cyber Style Vics.

Chako · 15 · 4137

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Cyber Style Vics.
on: March 27, 2010, 12:35:58 PM
I took these photos in an attempt to get Kelly to think a bit more about the Cybertool lineup. However, I understand she is going with a Deluxe Tinker of all things!  :D

So I am going to post them here anyways.  :pok: :pok: >:D

From left to right: Vic SwissChamp XAVT, Vic SwissChamp XLT, Vic Cybertool 34 with Advertizing scales, Vic Cybertool 34 with 25th Anniversary scales, and a Vic Cybertool 29.

The walk around...

Just how Tall are they really?

Honour Guard.

Missing from this group is the Cybertool 41, and the Cybertool Lite.  :salute:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

no Offline North Man

• No Life Club
Re: Cyber Style Vics.
Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 12:47:12 PM
Hi

Super pics :salute:

NM
Get more tools

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 01:04:51 PM
You all HAVE convinced me.  I just need a little time a little more $$ then I will have one.  :)  Thanks for the pics though.  Did you have one in there comparing the Cybertool 34 to the Swiss Champ?  :) 
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 02:30:43 PM
No but give me a few minutes and I can take some photos.  :D

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 02:55:41 PM
Well that took a little more time then I thought it would. I may have broke my beloved Canon S5 IS with a piece of plastic from my 8GB SD card. It jammed in the camera, then it wouldn’t read it. I had to use the pliers from the Cybertool to yank it out. It appears that a piece of the card shell broke. It rattles inside the camera. I placed the card back in, with the same issue. It wouldn't read the card, and I couldn't pull it out by regular means. I looked at the card and noted some small plastic bits around the contact had come off and some still attached, sticking out. I yanked all of those off with the aforementioned pliers, and it all works so far. I still have a rolling piece of plastic in the Canon's body. It might be time to retire this venerable friend. It has taken a ton of photos. But for now, it still works albeit not as reliably.  :tu:

Anyways, I digress. Kelly, you will find the Cybertool 34 the same width as a Champion, which is one layer less than the SwissChamp.

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 03:07:57 PM
Thanks Chako!  And good luck with the camera.  I have the same camera, I think.  It's a great camera and I'm loving mine more and more as I learn more about it.  Your tips once upon a time really helped.  :)
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 03:28:31 PM
Well I managed to get the piece out of the camera. So it may not be down for the count yet. The card still works also. Not sure I can trust it to not mess up the camera further. Even so, it might be time for a new camera. I haven't looked at the newer cameras.  But if Canon makes an S5 IS successor that doesn't have the memory card with the batteries, I would ditch the old bird in a jiffy. I can't count how many times I have dumped my batteries all over the floor.  :doh:

Still better then taking out the DSLRs for a quick photo op with the MTs and SAKs.

Anyways, anytime you need more info, feel free to ask Kelly.  :salute:

us Offline turbov21

Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 06:26:29 PM
Are the wider SAK's hard to use?  Looking at the second picture, the XLT looks like it'd be comfortable to use, but the XAVT looks too wide.  It looks like it'd either be hard to hold or you'd never get used to having to change the way you held it depending on which side the tool you're using came from.  Is that true, or am I off?

Love the looks of the XLT, that's a great picture, Chako.  If it just weren't for that darned corkscrew filler thing that I hate, I'd so get a SwissChamp.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 06:28:01 PM by turbov21 »

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 07:09:58 PM
Are the wider SAK's hard to use?  Looking at the second picture, the XLT looks like it'd be comfortable to use, but the XAVT looks too wide.  It looks like it'd either be hard to hold or you'd never get used to having to change the way you held it depending on which side the tool you're using came from.  Is that true, or am I off?

Love the looks of the XLT, that's a great picture, Chako.  If it just weren't for that darned corkscrew filler thing that I hate, I'd so get a SwissChamp.
The mini screw driver is totally removable.  If you don't want it then I'm sure someone here would take it off your hands.  :)  It's a handy little tool for eyeglasses and little stuff but not everyone likes it.  You can take it out and put it away give it away or try to sell it to someone who wants/needs one if you like. :) :cheers:

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 12:13:00 AM
The Swisschamp is very comfortable in the hand , and not too bad in the pocket . By all means get one . The eyeglass driver is actually very worthwhile ( Vic. isn't known for nonuseable tools ) .

Chris

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 12:31:08 AM
The Swisschamp is very comfortable in the hand , and not too bad in the pocket . By all means get one . The eyeglass driver is actually very worthwhile ( Vic. isn't known for nonuseable tools ) .

Chris

Well, except for the SportRatchet. :P

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 12:41:16 AM
A Cybertool Lite is the first thing I'm buying when I have income. Eventually I wanna mod the opener layer out like I failed to do with my CT34. I'd love to slap some Silvertech scales on it too. It'd be oh so sexy next to the Spirit.

The mini-driver is amazing, don't knock it till you've tried it. Saved mine and my GF's glasses on more than one occasion.

Offline erehweslefox

• New User
Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 04:35:03 AM
I just got a XAVT, and I'm going to try to EDC it for a couple of weeks, see how it goes. I use a Swiss Champ at the moment, but I'm also quite insane, and have a weird idea about usability. Normally I have a better tool available for day to day screws and stuff or are near one, the SAK is a tool for convenience, lets get this sorted right now... and thus I don't mind a little awkwardness and wrist work.

SAK itself says it is a collectors piece, but heck, I've tried out a number of these, and they seem usable.

I've been feeling my Swisschamp just hasn't dealt with torx screws, and the drivers on this are placed well, actually, it is well thought out, I think the tools are usable. Give me a month, I'll either be back to my Champ, or be convinced and evangelical.

T

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 02:09:48 PM
I just got my second CT34 in, the first was modded and sold to an overenthusiastic friend.  I love this model, it is not too thick but still has scissors, something I can't do without.  I have looked at the CT41 and XLT, and I may go that road in the future, but the XAVT seems just a bit too thick for me.  The thickest SAK I have used to date is a swisschamp, which I love, but in light of the new CT34 addition, I am positive the champ is done.  I will be sending it to dennis either today or tomorrow, depending on whether a package is arriving from him for me.  For all the naysayers, try a Cybertool, any model, and the bit driver will blow you away!

Offline ecfiffer

Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 03:41:12 AM
gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want one now!!!!!!!  one of each that is!
'

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $142.99
PayPal Fees: $8.01
Net Balance: $134.98
Below Goal: $165.02
Site Currency: USD