Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Motorola Droid

Pacu · 15 · 1525

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Motorola Droid
on: August 05, 2010, 05:42:10 PM
I finally got a "cool" phone...a motorola droid with android OS :D   so far it's super snappy, great battery life and it has a crapload of apps. I can now view mto anywhere :o ;)

:like:    :MTO:

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Re: Motorola Droid
Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 05:59:38 PM
I think the wife and I will be going the droid route as well, since they are buy one get one free at Verizon and we are both up for an upgrade.  Talk to ecfiffer about what a droid can do.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 07:23:57 PM
I can now view mto anywhere :o ;)
The only thing I use my HTC desire for.. ::) 

Congrats.. :cheers:

gb Offline ryan1835

• buh
Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 07:29:25 PM
I can now view mto anywhere :o ;)
The only thing I use my HTC desire for.. ::) 

Congrats.. :cheers:

And Facebook and MSN and radio for me lol

I

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 03:28:13 AM
The droids are a lot of fun...Iv had the eris for awhile now. Love it. I urge you if you have friends or family with droids to download TiKL (push to talk app) and google latitude. Both very good apps.

Offline ecfiffer

Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 04:02:28 AM
I think the wife and I will be going the droid route as well, since they are buy one get one free at Verizon and we are both up for an upgrade.  Talk to ecfiffer about what a droid can do.

zack- thanks for the plug.
 Now that you have a droid, get to r00ting!!!!!!! holla if you got questions, i have turned mine into an unholy device that will not only steal your soul, but sell it back to you and a profit...:)  oh and welcome to the android life...
'

us Online David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 06:02:45 AM
I have one too, on it right now. I think its the greatest thing and with busy as life is, I am more connected than ever.

england Offline Hull_ n_Back

Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 12:05:45 PM
Picked one up for the wife last month (called the Milestone over here, no idea why...). Fantastic piece of kit, rock solid build quality.

Ideally I'd like to spend a bit more time seeing what it can do but I can't wrestle it from my wife for more than five minutes. She's too busy configuring it, downloading apps and the rest...

at Offline Woz

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 01:42:25 PM
I'm thinking of getting a Motorola phone too, but I'm not sure if I should get a Droid, wait for the Droid2 or get a Flipout. I really like that Flipout design...
edc-reviews.blogspot.com

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 03:24:22 PM
I have one too, on it right now. I think its the greatest thing and with busy as life is, I am more connected than ever.

You sound like a bad infomercial. :rofl:
Got those frog legs.

us Online David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 04:20:12 PM
thanks I appreciate that.....  :think: Seriously though it rocks, and I am not endorsing anyone but MTO  :2tu:

us Offline Pacu

Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 04:35:32 PM
so far i've installed  yahoo messenger, kindle for Anroid, bank of america, pandora radio and an application killer on it. I just put a Zagg Invisible shield on it..originally designed for protecting helicopter blades.

Anyone on the fence about going for an android based phone i say go for it. I can never go back to a regular phone...sorta like when you first got hi speed internet on your computer after dial up.

us Online David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 11:25:30 PM
I have just been installing a slew of 3d games on here ranging from racing to first person shooters and RPG and they graphics are fantastic for a cell phone. I don't own anything like a PSP but it sure feels close to having one, I am truly hooked on this new toy.

Offline ecfiffer

Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 04:39:37 AM
you guys dont know how awesome your phone can be untill you root it and install a new ROM.  I use Simply Stunning current build is 4.6.  Its FroYo (build number FRF91).  Zack hit the nail on the head.  you have questions PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.

for those wondering about the droid 2, well its nicer than the droid.  but there is a lot that is the same.  for the money why not step up to the droid x?  i got one for my wife and she is still on the fence about it.  she told me yesterday that she wantted her BB back, but then later said she didnt know.   :rant:  ahhh she drives me bonkers some times!
'

us Offline Pacu

Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 05:32:18 AM
that droid x was a def maybe when i was looking but it was too big for my tastes...gorgeous screen though :drool:  My wife and i got 2 free droids on our 2 year upgrade employee plan so the price was right. ;)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28
Site Currency: USD