Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Interesting Wenger Opportunity

zeno · 7 · 1244

Offline zeno

Interesting Wenger Opportunity
on: April 12, 2010, 04:50:57 PM
So here it is.  I have a local shop that bought a lot of Wenger knives to sell over Christmas and they are now selling them at 50% off of retail.  Is there anything that I should be looking hard for?  Are there better deals out there?  Should I take out a loan and buy everything?  Some examples are:

Model Alinghi 176 - $80
Toolchest Plus - $65
Stainless Cigar Cutter - $45
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 05:08:58 PM by zeno »

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Re: Interesting Wenger Opportunity
Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 05:08:55 PM

Take out a loan? have you seen this Addiction-is a persistent behavioral pattern marked by physical and/or psychological dependency that causes significant disruption and negatively impacts quality of life. seek help

I would get the Ranger 178 (75, 73, 172) in green, SIs,

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 05:17:03 PM
from what I see on the web

Model Alinghi 176- good deal
Toolchest- that is the going rate
Stainless Cigar Cutter- not bad

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

Offline zeno

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 05:19:44 PM

Take out a loan? have you seen this Addiction-is a persistent behavioral pattern marked by physical and/or psychological dependency that causes significant disruption and negatively impacts quality of life. seek help

Yud,
Fortunately, I am aware of the SAK's addiction and its negative impact on my life and those who love me.  Unfortunately, my awareness is only the first step of the 12 step program for SAK's addiction.  I consider the program a success in that I have admitted my addiction, but I could care less about the other 11 steps as they will clearly have a negative impact on the quality of my life.  All I need is one more and I will be okay.  Maybe 3, but most likely not 5.  There is no way that I will get 10.  Unless, of course they are a really good deal.  Why am I shivering and why does my body ache?

Offline zeno

Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 05:25:37 PM
from what I see on the web

Model Alinghi 176- good deal
Toolchest- that is the going rate
Stainless Cigar Cutter- not bad
Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately someone already snatched up all of the SIs. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 05:27:53 PM by zeno »

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 05:51:14 PM
If the price you listed are typical then they are decent, but not good enough that I'd go snatch them up. If there are anything you like then get one, otherwise don't.

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 11:34:20 PM

Yud,
Fortunately, I am aware of the SAK's addiction and its negative impact on my life and those who love me.  Unfortunately, my awareness is only the  :tu:step of the 12 step program for SAK's addiction.  I consider the program a success in that I have admitted my addiction, but I could care less about the other 11 steps as they will clearly have a negative impact on the quality of my life.  All I need is one more and I will be okay.  Maybe 3, but most likely not 5.  There is no way that I will get 10.  Unless, of course they are a really good deal.  Why am I shivering and why does my body ache?

:D
Glad to hear you've got it under control
Prone to daydreaming.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31