Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Goodies

zeno · 8 · 1029

Offline zeno

New Goodies
on: April 19, 2010, 02:59:36 PM
Well Guys:
Here are my latest purchases from Roger over at SwissBianco.  I have to say, they definitely bring a smile to my face. :D  I justified the purchases by telling my wife that the purple Rambler is for my 7 year old daughter and the Farmer with fire steel is for my 4 year old son. :rofl:  I don't think she bought it, but it is true that they will get them one day.  I apologize for the pics as they came from my iphone.
IMG_0167.jpg
* IMG_0167.jpg (Filesize: 12.67 KB)
IMG_0168.jpg
* IMG_0168.jpg (Filesize: 11.99 KB)

gb Offline Zag

Re: New Goodies
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 04:05:04 PM
Very nice Zeno. Now the question is: will you take a flint and strike the firesteel?
 :pok: go on...  :D
AloxWorld.com

Offline zeno

Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 04:14:42 PM
Very nice Zeno. Now the question is: will you take a flint and strike the firesteel?
 :pok: go on...  :D
Zag, While I was having a hard time with that one, here is the way that I look at it.  If I need to I will.  If there is some thing else available to start a fire, I won't.  Therefore, I would bet that it never happens, which is okay by me. ;)

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 04:49:22 PM
Very Nice!

The only problem with that Firesteel plan, is if you need it... you better have practiced beforehand.  You and your son should do it together.  He won't get much benefit from shelving the knife.

Offline zeno

Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 04:59:18 PM
Very Nice!

The only problem with that Firesteel plan, is if you need it... you better have practiced beforehand.  You and your son should do it together.  He won't get much benefit from shelving the knife.

I agree.  I always carry a Strikeforce Fire Starter when I go camping and keep it on me, so I am okay there.  Once the knife becomes his, I know that it will no longer be a safe queen at which time I am certain that we will practice together.  I may tear up a bit  :cry: at the first strike, but I should be okay after that.

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 04:59:24 PM
Nice gets. That alox Rambler looks like THE 58mm knife to have IMO.

za Offline meanx

Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 07:12:50 PM
Nice gets. That alox Rambler looks like THE 58mm knife to have IMO.
x1
Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 02:36:20 AM
Striking a firesteel does take practice.  the first time I tried to strike mine, nothing happened.  I have a coleman magnesium/ferrorod combo, and it really works well with practice.  I like using the reamer on a Vic soldier as the striker, it doesn't really tear up the rod and the reamer itself looks brand new after you wipe the shavings and residue off.

As for your knife, a slightly scratched ferro rod will add some character to an already awesome knife, don't let battle scars scare you!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%