Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What does the multitool nut listen too?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: What does the multitool nut listen too?
Reply #30 on: July 29, 2007, 11:29:20 PM
I don't own a bar... yet.  I worked security at the biggest bar this side of Montreal.  In European terms, that's the biggest bar this side of Moscow!

http://www.thedome.ca/

It's actually 4 bars, three restaurants, a dinner theatre, and probably some other stuff that's been added since I left, all in one complex.  On a typical Friday or Saturday night, we'd have about 3,000 people at any one time.

Alanis had another album after Jagged Little Pill, and a pop hit before it as well called Never Too Hot, but neither were memorable.  Canadian musicians for the most part work menial jobs for years, make a hit album, go on tour, then go back to washing dishes for a few years until they can afford to record another album and do another tour!  It's sad, but very few musicians here actually make any serious money, or even a passable living playing music.  That's why Alanis, Brian Adams, Celine Dion and the greatest Canadian Musician who ever lived, William Shatner :P all moved to the US!

Melissa Auf Der Mar is the same way.  She may be from Montreal, but she moved to the US and joined a US group. 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #31 on: July 29, 2007, 11:31:16 PM
I found it!  Alanis' first hit, from when she was just known as "Alanis."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7afdfBHj4

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #32 on: July 29, 2007, 11:35:30 PM
I found it!  Alanis' first hit, from when she was just known as "Alanis."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7afdfBHj4

Def
you can see she had talent even back then.

thats sad, to have success and fame, then nothing, i supose it,s tough being a canadian artist with the yank acts just next door, were lucky over here in that you don,t have to crack america to be a success.
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #33 on: July 29, 2007, 11:36:02 PM
Another old favorite... Run DMC and Aerosmith.  This is one of the things that keeps Aerosmith on top- they are always doing something different.  Look at the other vid of Stephen Tyler and Carlos Santana, or Aerosmith playing on the Simpsons, or in the movie Be Cool with John Travolta...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8A0rhVG91U

Def

Reply #34 on: July 29, 2007, 11:37:08 PM
Another old favorite... Run DMC and Aerosmith.  This is one of the things that keeps Aerosmith on top- they are always doing something different.  Look at the other vid of Stephen Tyler and Carlos Santana, or Aerosmith playing on the Simpsons, or in the movie Be Cool with John Travolta...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8A0rhVG91U

Def
true they were always pushing the envelope,

Reply #35 on: July 29, 2007, 11:38:20 PM
Ok how about, your house is on fire and you,ve got time to grab just 5 cd (no cheating and grabbing mp3 and stuff ;D)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #36 on: July 29, 2007, 11:44:14 PM
Before that, she was on a kids show called "You Can't Do That on Television" which was an amusing sketch comedy show that dumped slime on anyone who uttered the word's "I Don't Know."

The industry is getting better for supporting musicians.  It's easier to be a small timer in almost any industry nowadays than it ever was before, so many groups are doing better than before, but there still isn't the same kind of money that there is in the US.

My house is on fire and I grab 5 CD's huh...  this wilkl have to be hypothetical as I gave most of my CD's to friends after ripping them all to my hard drive!  I'd say the autographed ones from the Mudmen and Sepultura, Joe Satriani's Surfing with the Alien, Ace Frehley's Loaded Deck (I'd prefer his KISS solo album but I only have that on cassette!), the Stevie Ray Vaughan Tribute album with BB King, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Vaughan and many more, and I'd cheat and probably snag my Frank Zappa DVD because it was a gift from a SOSAK member, and Zappa was one of the greatest genre hopping musicians that ever lived.

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: July 29, 2007, 11:46:29 PM
My favorite Zappa song, Joe's Garage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX8415wWqU4

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #38 on: July 29, 2007, 11:53:09 PM
Of course I always wanted to be David Coverdale...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul00ImbNSCQ

He always had the absolute hottest women, and they never appeared as trashy as everyone else's... Plus, getting Vai to fill in when regular Whitesnake guitar player Adrian Belew broke his arm... well I wish I could just call up guys like Vai and say "Come on over and let's crank something out..."

Vai's solo stuff is good, but he's at his best when playing with others like Satriani, Whitesnake or Zappa.  I love the bit about 2:58 where he just drops his custom 7 string Ibanez on the ground and starts playing with all ten fingers...

And that was back in the days before Ibanez regularly cranked out 7 strings!

Def

Reply #39 on: July 29, 2007, 11:53:27 PM
Before that, she was on a kids show called "You Can't Do That on Television" which was an amusing sketch comedy show that dumped slime on anyone who uttered the word's "I Don't Know."

The industry is getting better for supporting musicians.  It's easier to be a small timer in almost any industry nowadays than it ever was before, so many groups are doing better than before, but there still isn't the same kind of money that there is in the US.

My house is on fire and I grab 5 CD's huh...  this wilkl have to be hypothetical as I gave most of my CD's to friends after ripping them all to my hard drive!  I'd say the autographed ones from the Mudmen and Sepultura, Joe Satriani's Surfing with the Alien, Ace Frehley's Loaded Deck (I'd prefer his KISS solo album but I only have that on cassette!), the Stevie Ray Vaughan Tribute album with BB King, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Vaughan and many more, and I'd cheat and probably snag my Frank Zappa DVD because it was a gift from a SOSAK member, and Zappa was one of the greatest genre hopping musicians that ever lived.

Def
I,ll give you ya due mate you,ve got taste, :)

For my part i,d just grab all 5 garbage album,s i can,t over state how important garbage have been to me, the,ve been a constant and reasuring part of my life for so long, through all of the tough time and the good time,s.

it,s just her voice...the emotion she can put into a song is just breath taking, then there,s the music, the last 100 seconds of happy home are just awe inspiring, an unless you,ve a heart of stone (sadly i don,t) you can,t help but here her pain in cup of coffee.

anyway happy home, turn the lights off to do it justice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOPNWOdiCFI

cup of coffee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDSq0JAl_B8

sorry about the anima vids! and geting slightly carried away with extolling the virtues of garbage ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 11:55:01 PM by micky d »

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #40 on: July 30, 2007, 12:01:53 AM
I was never exposed much to Garbage, but I can see that will have to change!

I think maybe I wrote them off as another one of those Grunge bands that came from the Seattle scene that I never really paid much attention to.  I've always been fond of showering, so Kurt Cobain and many of the copycat bands of the time never really appealed to me!  :P

Time to look again I can see...

Def

Reply #41 on: July 30, 2007, 12:04:52 AM
I was never exposed much to Garbage, but I can see that will have to change!

I think maybe I wrote them off as another one of those Grunge bands that came from the Seattle scene that I never really paid much attention to.  I've always been fond of showering, so Kurt Cobain and many of the copycat bands of the time never really appealed to me!  :P

Time to look again I can see...

Def
Another convert my work is done ;D

after looking at your whitesnake link i remembered there ''is this love'', we must be getting old mate, they always said turning thirty was trumatic ;D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #42 on: July 30, 2007, 12:07:58 AM
I decided I was old the day I heard Aerosmith's "Living on the Edge" as the Designated Classic on the local radio station.

Or when Iron Maiden celebrated their 20th anniversary, which was ten years ago...

I have more of their albums than most of the members of the band do...

Def

Reply #43 on: July 30, 2007, 12:08:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujnH4yNqL8E&mode=related&search=

checkout the bird,s shoulder pads to see what i mean about us getting old, i can remember all the girls wearing them!

Reply #44 on: July 30, 2007, 12:09:33 AM
I decided I was old the day I heard Aerosmith's "Living on the Edge" as the Designated Classic on the local radio station.

Or when Iron Maiden celebrated their 20th anniversary, which was ten years ago...

I have more of their albums than most of the members of the band do...

Def
who were you into bruce or the other guy?

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #45 on: July 30, 2007, 12:10:39 AM
Ok how about, your house is on fire and you,ve got time to grab just 5 cd (no cheating and grabbing mp3 and stuff ;D)

Hmm...

1. Danzig II
2. King Diamond "Them"
3. GWAR "Scumdogs of the Universe"
4. Staind "14 Shades of Grey"
5. Sly and the Family Stone "Anthology"
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Reply #46 on: July 30, 2007, 12:13:13 AM

Hmm...

1. Danzig II
2. King Diamond "Them"
Who are gwar??

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #47 on: July 30, 2007, 12:18:23 AM

Hmm...

1. Danzig II
2. King Diamond "Them"
Who are gwar??

Haha... you probably don't want to know...

www.gwar.net
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 12:22:32 AM by 665ae »
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #48 on: July 30, 2007, 12:19:14 AM
They had to wear shoulder pads so they were just as protected as their heads with all that poofy hair!

There were several "other guys."  I always liked Bruce's predecessor, Paul D'ianno, but Bruce Dickinson brought them to the height of their success.  I doubt anyone but the Air Raid Siren could have taken them that high.  For those of you who don't know, Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of Iron Maiden was called the Air Raid Siren because he could scream louder and longer than almost anyone else in the world at the time.  In those days, he was also ranked #7 in the world as a fencer.  That guy that replaced him (Billy Blaze) when he went out on his own was amazingly unimpressive, and I didn't care for Bruce's solo stuff after Tattooed Millionaire.  I was glad when he went back to Maiden, but disappointed to see that the songs were pretty well all written by Bruce after that.  I think Steve Harris, who wrote 90% of Iron Maiden's catalogue was a much better writer.

To see Bruce's trademark screams, see 2:40 in this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Snehl2bAk&mode=related&search=

That was just a little one.  In the next one, try holding your breath as long as the scream lasts!  It starts around 1:20.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icAzyx8EsKU&mode=related&search=

Def

Reply #49 on: July 30, 2007, 12:20:40 AM
Just checked out there site, pretty funny stuff, would,nt let my son see, but god only know,s what rubish he,ll be listening to in 10 years time ::) (did i really just write that?)

Reply #50 on: July 30, 2007, 12:25:20 AM
They had to wear shoulder pads so they were just as protected as their heads with all that poofy hair!

There were several "other guys."  I always liked Bruce's predecessor, Paul D'ianno, but Bruce Dickinson brought them to the height of their success.  I doubt anyone but the Air Raid Siren could have taken them that high.  For those of you who don't know, Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of Iron Maiden was called the Air Raid Siren because he could scream louder and longer than almost anyone else in the world at the time.  In those days, he was also ranked #7 in the world as a fencer.  That guy that replaced him (Billy Blaze) when he went out on his own was amazingly unimpressive, and I didn't care for Bruce's solo stuff after Tattooed Millionaire.  I was glad when he went back to Maiden, but disappointed to see that the songs were pretty well all written by Bruce after that.  I think Steve Harris, who wrote 90% of Iron Maiden's catalogue was a much better writer.

To see Bruce's trademark screams, see 2:40 in this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Snehl2bAk&mode=related&search=

That was just a little one.  In the next one, try holding your breath as long as the scream lasts!  It starts around 1:20.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icAzyx8EsKU&mode=related&search=

Def
Bruce an airline pilot now, how cool/scarey would it be to hear he was going to be your pilot! :o

Bugger, just seen the time (11.25), i,ve got to be up at 5am for work, you lot are a bloody bad influence ;) ;D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #51 on: July 30, 2007, 12:27:49 AM
G'night bud...

At least with Bruce Dickinson as your pilot, you'd know right away if something went wrong!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Def

br Offline M.TEX

Reply #52 on: July 30, 2007, 12:32:22 AM
 Ohhh yeah I was going to post my 2 best songs from Iron Maiden you guys are to fast and know a lot of good stuff.

Ok maybe you don't know or don't want to know this , but the Sound track for
 McGyver :multi: show in Brazil was the song Tom Sawyer from  Rush.

Maybe if you play de song and watch the McGyver clip you can say ; yeah why 
 not...Even the Voice ( Brazilian guy ) would go with Richards looks...

M.TEX

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #53 on: July 30, 2007, 12:36:13 AM
32 wasted years amigo!  If I'd spent my time learning useful things, I'd probably be driving a much nicer car by now!

Interesting to learn about the Tom Sawyer thing though!  I didn't know that, but then I have never been to Brazil either- something I hope to remedy someday!  Something about Rio de Janiero just seems to call to me, you know?  Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's the festivals, maybe it's the scantily clad women, who is to say? :P

One of these days I'll buy a nice boat and sail down the coastline until I have to start sailing back up the coastline!

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #54 on: July 30, 2007, 01:54:02 AM
Wow- place really died after Mike went to bed!

Def

au Offline dingosrun

• bring it on
Reply #55 on: July 30, 2007, 03:27:02 AM
i used be a DJ in my younger years so i enjoy all kinds of music but i realy like any 80's and any dance music the kind of duf duf sound lol

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #56 on: July 30, 2007, 03:34:07 AM
Dance music is about the only thing I positively hate!  It's always the same thing...

BANG BANG BANG Catchy lyric, catchy lyric BANG BANG BANG

Put up with waaaayyyyy too much of that at the bar. 

Def

br Offline M.TEX

Reply #57 on: July 30, 2007, 05:26:45 AM
 Def Brazil it's Very nice for all the things we all know...
 But for sure you or anybody else have to be very carefull because all the
 bad things that "could" wrong....But if you know someone local that you
 can trust , it will be one amazing place to visit. BTW Im Brazilian from
 Rio de Janeiro and my old home was only about 15 Min from Copacabana,
 Ipanema it is also a short ride from there....

I don't know if I should do this but I will post here a Link of a Brazilian singer.
 That song and clip has a lot to do with my old life there...all the places you guys 
 are about to see ; it's where I used to live untill 13 years ago...
 The Big statue on the top the Mountain is the Cristo Redentor ( Jesus Crist )
 and he has the opem arms to Wellcome the visitors....
 The song :  Menino do Rio  ( Boy from Rio "Boy" or young man from Rio )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI5BrXFSbwY

« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 05:37:38 AM by M.TEX »
M.TEX

Reply #58 on: July 30, 2007, 10:16:05 AM
Wow- place really died after Mike went to bed!

Def
its usually the other way round, i'm one of the worlds best thread killer's ;D

au Offline dingosrun

• bring it on
Reply #59 on: July 30, 2007, 01:06:47 PM
Dance music is about the only thing I positively hate!  It's always the same thing...

BANG BANG BANG Catchy lyric, catchy lyric BANG BANG BANG

Put up with waaaayyyyy too much of that at the bar. 

Def
:pok:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24