Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber 800 Legend Asking Price

ACHË · 11 · 1663

us Offline ACHË

Gerber 800 Legend Asking Price
on: April 24, 2010, 02:26:07 AM
Bought an 800 Legend for $34.....That's good..... right?

It's new...or so the seller claims...guess well see..
[

us Offline TxSxB

Re: Gerber 800 Legend Asking Price
Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 04:19:58 AM
Ya, very nice score  :tu:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 07:30:57 AM
Sounds like a bargain ACHË.  :tu:

Offline Kmarr

Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 08:58:57 AM
wow, can you say BARGAIN!!! :cheers:

I searched them some time ago and saw some $70 buy it now prices

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 01:30:27 PM
thats a good price, ive seen them for alot more then that over here, how do you find it?
I

us Offline ACHË

Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 02:08:35 AM
thats a good price, ive seen them for alot more then that over here, how do you find it?

On eBay...

Someone had it for $50 + $6 Shipping but they had the Best Offer option.

So I said $30 he said $40, I said $34 w/ free shipping and I'm guessing that the seller missed the free shipping part of the offer and agreed.

:gimme:

[

us Offline ACHË

Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 05:05:07 AM
Touchdown...

It's new..but with a little surface rust on the scissors...no big deal....easy to remove.

This is one of those rare tools that may look better on pictures than in person. It's greenish silver, not he gold toned color seen on most photos.

It's small, thick, pretty lightweight & quite strange.

I can see why this isn't one of their more popular products. Nevertheless it will get cleaned-up, EDC'd and used.
It's not a bad tool at all; very comfortable with pliers deployed, adequate when using the outboard tools.   
[

Offline Kmarr

Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 11:12:38 AM
My favorite MTs are metal bricks, and have the ergonomics of...bricks.  I do not like the look of the swisstool spirit, its too ergonomic for me.  I find the legend to be repulsive looking, but I just loathe its looks soooo much that I LOVE IT!
I can't really explain much beyond that, it just looks so strange in a good way...

us Offline ACHË

Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 04:45:13 AM
My favorite MTs are metal bricks, and have the ergonomics of...bricks.  I do not like the look of the swisstool spirit, its too ergonomic for me.  I find the legend to be repulsive looking, but I just loathe its looks soooo much that I LOVE IT!
I can't really explain much beyond that, it just looks so strange in a good way...

I know what you mean... It's a weird thing this 800...It even looks awkward next to the other tools on my desk.

It's kind of funny to call this tool strange when in fact it's one of the more "normal" traditional design tools gerber makes. It should be the OTF plier designs that feel weird, but they don't(at least not to me).

As kind of an off-topic observation; the more I inspect it and compare it to other similarly sized/weighted tools the more it becomes obvious that it does not make too efficient use of space. This makes me wonder if the limited number of small tools that other gerbers have are in fact a function of the unique plier deployment design or if the people at Gerber just like small tools. 

[

Offline Kmarr

Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 11:01:29 AM
I noticed that myself.  They have about an 1 extra inch for that stumpy philips but they don't use it.  If there's one thing that bothers me on MTs its bad space usage. LM makes great use of space, as does Vic. Sog's damn handle covers limit their blade length tremendously, and don't even get me started on gerber ::)

us Offline ACHË

Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 06:21:08 AM
I can't speak with from first hand experience yet; but it seems to me that the only classic Gerber model that got most things right was the Diesel.

I finally scored one at a price I could afford/couldn't refuse and will have to see for myself, but it just seems that way.

[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD