Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My ideal MP600 setup

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
My ideal MP600 setup
on: May 02, 2010, 08:12:57 PM
Big thanks to WH867, I finally got my ideal set up for MP 600. Been looking for one with carbide cutter, saw coupler, file and scissors, but Gerber apparently never put all of them in the same package.

The carbide cutter is very nice, I tried it on some fishing snaps that dented my side cutters, and it chewed through them without problem. Saw coupler takes U shank jigsaw blade, but apparently this particular style is not very popular. I wanted Bosch bi metal blades but they come in either T shank or U shank without the hole. Only one I can find that fits is B&D.  ??? With a few extra blades tucked in sheath, it's very versatile, although this style of saw is a little slower than the double cut wood saw standard on other MTs.

Also something interesting I noticed, if the pivot is loosened a bit, the tools will snap back into the handle much like a lock back knife will. I recall swisstool is like this but that has backspring, this is purely due to the lock.

In retrospect thou, I should've gone with can opener instead of bottle opener, since the former is more difficult to improvise than latter.

Anyway I'm happy with the result, a bit large/heavy for EDC thou so I'm sticking with MP400 for that.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: My ideal MP600 setup
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 10:28:10 PM
Now that is the perfect Gerber 8)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline TxSxB

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 11:54:34 PM
I like that alot! :tu:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 01:28:44 AM
That's a very well balanced looking tool mate. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 03:50:35 AM
Have you tried the new style (wharnecliffe) knife blade yet? :) (just curious about which style folks like better)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 04:29:25 AM
Not on MP600, the nail nick turned out to be on the wrong side to fit. I did use the wharnclif on Flik, it's better for pull cut since without curve the blade tend to dig in more, but I still prefer a more traditional blade shape (clip or drop point).

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%