Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Where to find Wenger Pocketgrip 200?

Offline evanp61

Where to find Wenger Pocketgrip 200?
on: August 01, 2007, 06:15:55 AM
Hello,  where can i find the discontinued Wenger Pocketgrip 200 (formerly Swiss Iron Pocketgrip)?  Are they still available somewhere?

thanks, Evan

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Where to find Wenger Pocketgrip 200?
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 12:37:25 PM
My suggestions are eBay, Felinevet (felinevet@sosakonline.com) and lots of patience.  They are pretty hard to come by, but those are your best sources.

You could also post an ad in our Tools Wanted section here.

Welcome to Multitool.org!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline evanp61

Swiss-Knife.com source...
Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 05:54:50 PM
Thanks, Supratentorial, but i fell victim to a not up to date web site...swiss-knife.com says they can't get them...Evan

Offline evanp61

Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 07:13:53 PM
A number of german sites list it but i doubt they are up to date...or maybe someone here has some other info...

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 10:32:46 PM
I'm thinking they were never imported to North America. I got mine from a dealer in Australia. I'll check and see if he has any more.

Bob
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 10:47:37 PM
Wenger multitools weren't imported into North America officially.  Some were obtained and brought over, others were part of specific orders, but they were never meant to be released in North America in any great numbers.  It was felt that the price point was too high to compete with Leatherman on their own turf.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline supratentorial

Re: Swiss-Knife.com source...
Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 08:05:38 AM
Thanks, Supratentorial, but i fell victim to a not up to date web site...swiss-knife.com says they can't get them...Evan

It's also happened to me many times.   :( 

Offline zackhugh

Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 09:30:09 PM
Really?  I've been mostly lucky getting things from them.  Of course, the last time I got stuck with a customs bill  :ahhh from FedEx.  That never used to happen before.  I gotta think twice about ordering from them if that fee is going to be tacked on.

Offline supratentorial

Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 01:20:23 AM
Really?  I've been mostly lucky getting things from them.  Of course, the last time I got stuck with a customs bill  :ahhh from FedEx.  That never used to happen before.  I gotta think twice about ordering from them if that fee is going to be tacked on.

Oops.  I didn't mean www.swiss-knife.com specifically.  I’ve actually never bought anything from www.swiss-knife.com .

My bad experiences were with several other companies.  One company sent me a Leatherman Kick instead of a Leatherman SideClip.  Another company didn't send me anything but charged my credit card anyway.  They took 2 months to refund my payment. 

Out of curiosity, I’d be interested in knowing the approximate customs costs if you remember them.

Offline evanp61

Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 03:04:32 AM
I've ordered other things from swiss-knife with success...no customs cost...just some questions as to content of package...

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 03:05:56 AM
I'm thinking they were never imported to North America. I got mine from a dealer in Australia. I'll check and see if he has any more.

Bob

Bummer, my guy doesn't have any left.  :(
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 03:07:39 AM
My suggestions are eBay, Felinevet (felinevet@sosakonline.com) and lots of patience.  They are pretty hard to come by, but those are your best sources.

You could also post an ad in our Tools Wanted section here.

Not looking so dumb now, am I?  :twak:

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%