Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Love for the G

Zed · 761 · 84815

us Offline tattoosteve99

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Love for the G
Reply #510 on: December 04, 2015, 03:41:56 AM

They will come down, wait a couple o months, search at forums like watchuseek, I've seen some used in sales corner, mint condition 300$, in fact there's one now, for 325$ if I'm no mistaken!

Yeah I try not to buy as soon as they release them.  It gives them a chance to get the bugs out. I also never pay retail for anything.
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #511 on: December 04, 2015, 03:50:43 AM
I understand you, always looking for the best price, and best time to buy, definitely not when things just came to the market! Good luck I try one this week, and I'm just amazed on the quality, the visual and feel on the wrist! I would trade my citizen for one, not even think twice! But they will come lower and lower in price, we're waiting...

us Offline CMUtuba

Reply #512 on: December 13, 2015, 10:27:54 PM
Just posted over on "what watch did you wear today?", but I figured this guy belongs over here as well. My first G-shock was an analog, but I hated having to manually set the time, so it got sold to a friend. I have only been wearing digital Gs since then, but I was just given this, and I love it. Much easier to set, and it just looks cool!
IMAG1625.jpg
* IMAG1625.jpg (Filesize: 224.92 KB)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #513 on: December 13, 2015, 10:43:09 PM
Just posted over on "what watch did you wear today?", but I figured this guy belongs over here as well. My first G-shock was an analog, but I hated having to manually set the time, so it got sold to a friend. I have only been wearing digital Gs since then, but I was just given this, and I love it. Much easier to set, and it just looks cool!

very cool,love the green hands on all black  :salute:

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #514 on: December 14, 2015, 07:54:59 PM
I like the contrast of teh green on the black dial - I think it would look killer with hour markers in the same green and a good lume job.
Sadly, the GA/GD cases are too big for my spindly wrists.
I have a GD 100, but I just can´t pull it off. And I keep snagging it on things.

no Offline Grathr

Reply #515 on: December 14, 2015, 08:03:06 PM
Very nice looking G!
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #516 on: December 15, 2015, 01:04:20 AM

Looks real sharp.  :tu:

I'm the milk man!

nz Offline babola

• No Life Club
  • The Tinkerer
Reply #517 on: December 15, 2015, 07:31:46 AM
Agree, those GA-100s are some of the best fit and value G's out there. I have two of them.

EDC and OCD. A wicked mix.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #518 on: December 15, 2015, 07:47:55 AM
If only they made the LED a bit brighter..

did you add the lumen in the 1st one?
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline CMUtuba

Reply #519 on: December 15, 2015, 04:13:15 PM
I like the contrast of teh green on the black dial - I think it would look killer with hour markers in the same green and a good lume job.
Sadly, the GA/GD cases are too big for my spindly wrists.
I have a GD 100, but I just can´t pull it off. And I keep snagging it on things.

I hear you on the wrist size. when I first put it on, it felt huge. That said, when a pretty gal gives you a nice watch, I believe that you better wear the thing as often as possible! So what if it's a little big on my wrist? Also, I know it's the MT.O way, but why would you give me ideas such as adding more green? That would be amazing!  :ahhh

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #520 on: December 15, 2015, 06:33:07 PM
I I just expressed my thoughts. I refuse any responsibility if you should feel the need to mod a watch... ::)

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #521 on: December 24, 2015, 04:11:00 AM
If manage to have ten spare min in you´re life you can watch, but if you guys have a busy please, don´t! 12H of work i came across things like this! I love watch philosophy.

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #522 on: December 24, 2015, 04:44:04 AM
Also posted elsewhere, this multiband Mudman is my latest acquisition. It's been a lot of fun and the only thing I had to get used to are the buttons. Being part of the protective bezel, they must be pressed harder than regular buttons. My finger/thumb are now quite conditioned to them :tu:

IMG_0558.JPG
* IMG_0558.JPG (Filesize: 292.61 KB)
SAW

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #523 on: December 27, 2015, 10:17:18 AM
Santa gave me some box's for my beloved G's :) and I need another one, some new one's are coming :)
uploadfromtaptalk1451207811714.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1451207811714.jpg (Filesize: 77.14 KB)

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #524 on: December 27, 2015, 11:12:12 AM
Seeing this makes me think about my latest purchases - I have a Gulfman in another odd colour coming in (orange), should pop out of my assortment of black watches as nice as your bliue one!

I hope the shipment will arrive soon and the G inside will get a prominent place eitehr on your wrist or in the box!

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #525 on: December 27, 2015, 11:42:05 AM
Seeing this makes me think about my latest purchases - I have a Gulfman in another odd colour coming in (orange), should pop out of my assortment of black watches as nice as your bliue one!

I hope the shipment will arrive soon and the G inside will get a prominent place eitehr on your wrist or in the box!

I hope to my friend, still waiting on them to arrive... and yes i need to get different colors, my GF says that my collection is to black!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #526 on: December 27, 2015, 03:05:24 PM
Just automatics for me lately .. The Vostok is sort of the automatic gshock  :D

Any news on the king gshock ricardo?

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #527 on: December 28, 2015, 03:57:18 AM

Mate sorry forgot to tell ya, the watch was sold, there is a bunch of knock offs for sale here for 20€, they look horrendous!

But I'm waiting on a package that will arrive from Germany, from the usual suspect, and I'm considering to sell a watch the beginning of the next month, and for now, the king is probably the one, if decide myself to sell it, I let know if you're interested!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #528 on: December 28, 2015, 07:11:49 AM

Mate sorry forgot to tell ya, the watch was sold, there is a bunch of knock offs for sale here for 20€, they look horrendous!

But I'm waiting on a package that will arrive from Germany, from the usual suspect, and I'm considering to sell a watch the beginning of the next month, and for now, the king is probably the one, if decide myself to sell it, I let know if you're interested!

Many thanks.  :salute:

they are available online from Japan for around $200, but I will be happier to get them cheaper.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #529 on: December 29, 2015, 12:29:43 PM
Santa gave me some box's for my beloved G's :) and I need another one, some new one's are coming :)

O Lidl tinha caixas de relógio à venda há algum tempo atrás. Alguma dessas veio de lá? Estou a precisar de uma para ordenar os meus...

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #530 on: December 29, 2015, 02:17:46 PM
If manage to have ten spare min in you´re life you can watch, but if you guys have a busy please, don´t! 12H of work i came across things like this! I love watch philosophy.

sadly, I view things like this as a problem to society (or a valid reflection of our society, and that is even more terrifying)

Personally, I do not judge people based on any trivial thing such as a watch, clothes, etc.  I look for knowledge, abilities, and results.

but I also would wear a G-Shock to a business meeting, and feel that the problem does not lie with me being in the meeting with a G-Shock, but rather the problem is in those who judge me based on that fact.
If I can help, let me know 

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #531 on: December 29, 2015, 10:17:23 PM

O Lidl tinha caixas de relógio à venda há algum tempo atrás. Alguma dessas veio de lá? Estou a precisar de uma para ordenar os meus...

Não vieram do lidl estas, apesar de ter visto lá e quando fui comprar já não havia, as coisas la desaparecem.... a maior veio de uma papelaria, e rondou os 50€, a mais pequena foi mesmo dos chineses, custou 7.50, e para o preço digo te boa qualidade até para o dinheiro pena levar poucos relógios!

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #532 on: December 29, 2015, 10:33:55 PM

sadly, I view things like this as a problem to society (or a valid reflection of our society, and that is even more terrifying)

Personally, I do not judge people based on any trivial thing such as a watch, clothes, etc.  I look for knowledge, abilities, and results.

but I also would wear a G-Shock to a business meeting, and feel that the problem does not lie with me being in the meeting with a G-Shock, but rather the problem is in those who judge me based on that fact.

That's wrong totally wrong, you should never judge anyone for there appearance, and when you do it, then you are problem you are the snob!
And wearing expensive things, that doesn't mean you are better then others, that doesnt mean that you have the right to walk on the street with you're head raised, felling that you are the greatest of the greatest! And I see a lot things like this happen every single day!

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #533 on: March 02, 2016, 10:58:01 PM
And it even comes with a multitool....but the watch not so limited apart of the inscription on the strap! i´m afraid of know at what price they will sell these!

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #534 on: March 02, 2016, 11:07:55 PM
Printed Wingman or Sidekick, I guess? I do liek nicely arranged gear sets. But I guess this will be a little bit out of my price range.
Do you know if this is an official Casio release or made/arranged by a distributor/dealer?

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #535 on: March 02, 2016, 11:17:14 PM
Printed Wingman or Sidekick, I guess? I do liek nicely arranged gear sets. But I guess this will be a little bit out of my price range.
Do you know if this is an official Casio release or made/arranged by a distributor/dealer?

yes mate it is, has i know it will only be available in some German stores! at least that´s what a comment on the video says!

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #536 on: March 02, 2016, 11:26:23 PM
I watched it muted so I would not wake up my daughter snoring away peacefully on teh sofa beside me. I will not visit any G-Shock dealership soon, just for my own safety... Unless someone forces me to go there and spend THEIR money and ship it on. :pok:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #537 on: March 06, 2016, 06:29:43 PM
Very cool, but I have to think the price will be outrageous. Still awesome though. Not that I will be buying one, but for the (assumingly) high price tag they could of picked a higher end tool than the Wingman/Sidekick.
I'm the milk man!

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #538 on: March 06, 2016, 11:24:22 PM
Very cool, but I have to think the price will be outrageous. Still awesome though. Not that I will be buying one, but for the (assumingly) high price tag they could of picked a higher end tool than the Wingman/Sidekick.
[/b]

My thoughts exactly!

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #539 on: March 07, 2016, 12:25:15 AM

That's wrong totally wrong, you should never judge anyone for there appearance, and when you do it, then you are problem you are the snob!
And wearing expensive things, that doesn't mean you are better then others, that doesnt mean that you have the right to walk on the street with you're head raised, felling that you are the greatest of the greatest! And I see a lot things like this happen every single day!

What a jackass.  :facepalm:

You guys basically said what I was thinking.

One thing to add. Guys like this just need a proper ass whooping once in a while.
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD