Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Love for the G

Zed · 761 · 84721

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Re: Love for the G
Reply #630 on: April 23, 2018, 02:37:55 PM
But if has a combination strap, the watch is simply beautiful...(Image removed from quote.)

Congrats to the GW-6900  :tu:
You've got hooked now?  :pok:
No, for a few years i think I own 20 our more G-Shocks are the moment

Wow... you've bought 20 G-Shocks since April 20th where you said "Agree with that, I really need to buy one to try out"?   :rofl:
I was just kidding with you my friend, I own quite a few over the years bought sell sell bought.... It's an terrible addiction....even my girl owns no 5 baby GS!

Baby G's? I like them animations  :tu:
All my girls babyg are analogue so no animation :)
Heres a pic of some of my g's

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #631 on: April 23, 2018, 03:25:08 PM

Heres a pic of some of my g's (Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
Very nice!
 :2tu:

John

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #632 on: April 23, 2018, 04:30:10 PM
Awesome!

Been itching for a new G lately but funds are very tight. Going to have to wait a while but it will make it all the better.
I'm the milk man!

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #633 on: April 23, 2018, 05:37:22 PM
But if has a combination strap, the watch is simply beautiful...(Image removed from quote.)

Wow... you've bought 20 G-Shocks since April 20th where you said "Agree with that, I really need to buy one to try out"?   :rofl:
I was just kidding with you my friend, I own quite a few over the years bought sell sell bought.... It's an terrible addiction....even my girl owns no 5 baby GS!

Heres a pic of some of my g's (Image removed from quote.)

geeeeees....  :o

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #634 on: April 23, 2018, 05:41:51 PM

Heres a pic of some of my g's (Image removed from quote.)

Espectáculo!!

:drool: :drool:

Great collection, bro!

:tu: :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #635 on: April 23, 2018, 05:42:27 PM
You need new boxes, there's a couple of Gs without a place to rest...

:pok: :pok:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #636 on: April 24, 2018, 12:54:34 AM
Awesome!

Been itching for a new G lately but funds are very tight. Going to have to wait a while but it will make it all the better.
The best thing about a G is that you can buy one at a very low price in the us you buy a dw-5600 at a discount for shout 40$... Simple and a companion for life, were did I eat this before
I know you own a few, and Im thinking of selling my gw-7900b could be you're interest, our Santos will have something to say about this one, he wants one

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #637 on: April 24, 2018, 12:57:33 AM
You need new boxes, there's a couple of Gs without a place to rest...

:pok: :pok:
I do have another one with 3 more g's and two other Casio's, and I have 3 more for parts on the way, 3 lost in transit since November last year.....
I really need to stop but they pop up a lot at very good prices, and I just can't resist

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #638 on: April 24, 2018, 12:02:05 PM
Awesome!

The best thing about a G is that you can buy one at a very low price in the us you buy a dw-5600 at a discount for shout 40$... Simple and a companion for life, were did I eat this before
I know you own a few, and Im thinking of selling my gw-7900b could be you're interest, our Santos will have something to say about this one, he wants one

Yup, I keep seeing some really interesting offers on these. It's a good thing I haven't got a Paypal account... but I'm thinking about getting one!

:facepalm:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #639 on: April 24, 2018, 06:34:40 PM
Did something with one of my G’s I had never done before...... I wore it in the shower.

Obviously it held up great and had no problems what so ever. My o pay hesitation in doing this in the past is I enjoy very hot showers and the heat may lead to condensation buildup inside the watch, but on this occasion that did not happen. I also worry about the soaps affecting the rubber seals. Once or twice may not hurt but if I showered with it daily I may run into a problem with the seals deteriorating and eventually letting water in.
I'm the milk man!

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #640 on: April 24, 2018, 07:15:40 PM
Did something with one of my G’s I had never done before...... I wore it in the shower.

Obviously it held up great and had no problems what so ever. My o pay hesitation in doing this in the past is I enjoy very hot showers and the heat may lead to condensation buildup inside the watch, but on this occasion that did not happen. I also worry about the soaps affecting the rubber seals. Once or twice may not hurt but if I showered with it daily I may run into a problem with the seals deteriorating and eventually letting water in.

It's fun, isn't it?  :D
I think you shouldn't worry too much about it.
It can withstand lying in the sun and also the salty body sweat etc. as well, right?  :think:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #641 on: April 24, 2018, 08:57:10 PM

It's fun, isn't it?  :D
I think you shouldn't worry too much about it.
It can withstand lying in the sun and also the salty body sweat etc. as well, right?  :think:

Very true.

I must admit I did not wear my normal G-Shock in the shower but my less expensive “beater” G-Shock just in case.
I'm the milk man!

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #642 on: April 25, 2018, 11:52:21 PM
G mod

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #644 on: April 26, 2018, 07:31:53 AM
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:35:09 AM by MTMatt »

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #645 on: April 26, 2018, 09:42:00 PM

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #647 on: April 29, 2018, 08:17:12 AM
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #649 on: May 14, 2018, 03:14:23 PM
Hi guys. I'm thinking of buying my first G-Shock. Ideally below $100 and has clear watch hands and bezels as my eyes aren't perfect anymore and I want to know the time when I wake up without glasses.

I'm looking at this model. Are there better models for me below $100?

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #650 on: May 15, 2018, 05:09:19 AM
Hi guys. I'm thinking of buying my first G-Shock. Ideally below $100 and has clear watch hands and bezels as my eyes aren't perfect anymore and I want to know the time when I wake up without glasses.

(Image removed from quote.)
Do you know the model number of this one? That would help beyond knowing you want an ana-digi. There are a bazillion different G-Shock models.

John

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #651 on: May 15, 2018, 05:46:10 AM
That’s a pretty cool G,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #652 on: May 15, 2018, 05:51:48 AM

Do you know the model number of this one? That would help beyond knowing you want an ana-digi. There are a bazillion different G-Shock models.

John
Sorry for that, hehe! Here it is. Any info will be appreciated

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #653 on: May 15, 2018, 05:52:29 AM
That’s a pretty cool G,
JR
It's simple, functional and rugged

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #654 on: May 15, 2018, 08:52:24 AM
That’s a pretty cool G,
JR
It's simple, functional and rugged
I got two gshocks, both solar but the one also atomic, that one is my everyday watch, although I’ve had my eye on a citizen for a while, just funds are tight and would have to get the the Mrs approval..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #655 on: May 15, 2018, 01:46:44 PM

John
Sorry for that, hehe! Here it is. Any info will be appreciated

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

That's a GA-800-1A.

https://www.casio-intl.com/id/id/wat/watch_detail/GA-800-1A/

You got the info on the Indonesia page for Casio.

Very clean look, like it!

:tu: :tu:

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #656 on: May 15, 2018, 06:06:04 PM
A question:
Are you going to use it primarily for telling time or do you plan to use the stopwatch, alarm and other features much?

Battery is good for about 3 years and it's a common size CR2016 3v lithium coin cell. That presumes, according to the docs on the 5535 module inside, that you only use the LED to illuminate the dial once per day and the alarm is only sounding ten seconds per day. Those two things (LED backlight and alarm sounding, which includes countdown timer alarm function) will run the battery down sooner if used heavily. If you're going to use the stopwatch feature much, be prepared to move the analog hands out of the way of the LCD display (there's a way to do that, and move them back again with some button presses).

Take a look at the GA-700 which should be under $100 USD, an alternative to this one. It has the 5522 module inside, uses the same CR2016 coin cell, and specs give battery life at about 5 years. Doesn't have a seconds hand for timekeeping but presume the LCD display would provide that. Minute hand increments every 20 seconds which isn't very perceptible on a watch unless you gaze at the dial looking for it. Operation is similar and if you use the stopwatch much you have to move the analog hands out of the way and then restore them afterward (a couple function button presses do this). As with the 800, battery life will be shortened if the LED backlight or alarm sounding are used heavily.

Was looking to find a "solar" ana-digi G-Shock that would avoid battery replacements. Didn't find one, but didn't do extensive searching, so that doesn't mean they don't exist. That's something to consider if there is one.

John

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #657 on: May 15, 2018, 06:11:11 PM
A question:
Are you going to use it primarily for telling time or do you plan to use the stopwatch, alarm and other features much?

Battery is good for about 3 years and it's a common size CR2016 3v lithium coin cell. That presumes, according to the docs on the 5535 module inside, that you only use the LED to illuminate the dial once per day and the alarm is only sounding ten seconds per day. Those two things (LED backlight and alarm sounding, which includes countdown timer alarm function) will run the battery down sooner if used heavily. If you're going to use the stopwatch feature much, be prepared to move the analog hands out of the way of the LCD display (there's a way to do that, and move them back again with some button presses).

Take a look at the GA-700 which should be under $100 USD, an alternative to this one. It has the 5522 module inside, uses the same CR2016 coin cell, and specs give battery life at about 5 years. Doesn't have a seconds hand for timekeeping but presume the LCD display would provide that. Minute hand increments every 20 seconds which isn't very perceptible on a watch unless you gaze at the dial looking for it. Operation is similar and if you use the stopwatch much you have to move the analog hands out of the way and then restore them afterward (a couple function button presses do this). As with the 800, battery life will be shortened if the LED backlight or alarm sounding are used heavily.

Was looking to find a "solar" ana-digi G-Shock that would avoid battery replacements. Didn't find one, but didn't do extensive searching, so that doesn't mean they don't exist. That's something to consider if there is one.

John

+1

Yup, there are a bunch o'them but not very affordable. Think at least 3-digit price.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #658 on: May 15, 2018, 09:00:35 PM
I got my solar G-Shock for $99 very recently.  :tu:

Mines only digital though not ana/digi.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 09:01:44 PM by captain spaulding »
I'm the milk man!

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #659 on: May 17, 2018, 11:33:51 AM
I got my solar G-Shock for $99 very recently.  :tu: