Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help with a new S60 w/phillips

Offline jkn1946

• New User
Help with a new S60 w/phillips
on: May 12, 2010, 08:06:30 AM
I just got a SOG S60 from woot and am generally pleased with the construction (though it is quite large). However, I can not figure out how the phillips locks into two positions. The one is easy - straight out from the end of the handle but what second positions? I recognize that I'm not good at puzzles so I'm probably missing something very simple. I ran a search on phillips in this site but still couldn't find anything explaining the 2nd position - I guess I'm the only one who didn't understand right off the bat. Any help?

us Offline gafftapegreenia

• No Life Club
Re: Help with a new S60 w/phillips
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 08:16:39 AM
I just received my woot powerlock today too. My phillips only has one stop. HOWEVER, my 1/4" does had two stops, at full and half extension. I bet they mixed it up in the description.

Also, I'm curious. Does your large flat head (the one that isn't a bottle opener) have a wire stripping notch?
Fan of the Leatherman mini-bit driver and the Vic backspring philips.

Offline jkn1946

• New User
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 08:16:29 PM
Thanks, I'm both relieved (that I didn't overlook something) and disappointed (that it is not two position stop but the position of the driver at half open does not appear to be the most useful).

Indeed, my large flat head has a stripper notch and the 1/4" has the half open stop.

I have thought about selling this tool mostly due to the size but after reading more of the forum, I am interested in the idea of customizing the tool to my needs.

Thanks again for the reply about the second position stop.

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 04:49:16 AM
I just received mine from Woot also.  I'm a bit disappointed that the Phillips doesn't have both lock positions.  Is that only a feature on the PL2.0? 

I like the plain edge knife blade on this vs. the combo one.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:41:36 PM by NutSAK »
- Terry

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28