Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Swiss Champ as EDC

jock1 · 62 · 18478

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Swiss Champ as EDC
Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 08:50:51 PM
Only half?  You got us beat....

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 09:00:22 PM
Only half?  You got us beat....

Def
In fairness were only a little island ;D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #32 on: August 07, 2007, 09:25:05 PM
Speaking of constables, I just watched Hot Fuzz- what a great movie!   :grin:

Not that I believe any of it any more than I believe Police Academy or Copland, but was a good ride nonetheless!

I have simply got to get me an authentic Bobby helmet one of these days...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Reply #33 on: August 07, 2007, 10:16:45 PM
Quote from: Defender link=topic=1979.msg22584#msg22584 date=1186514705

I have simply got to get me an authentic Bobby helmet one of these days...

Def
[/quote
It's a good way to gain a few inches ;)

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #34 on: August 08, 2007, 01:40:18 PM
Hey I know this is off topic, but hey Micky I see from your signature line that you like the group garbage? I have all thier albums up to beautiful garbage, great band but have not heard much from them lately. Checked out some info and it seems they still got some stuff out there, mainly a compliation cd that has a collection of thier songs or something...called perfect garbage.

David

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: August 08, 2007, 04:27:50 PM
We had a nice discussion about music in the Break Room last week.  Micky talked about Garbage all the way through it, and I must admit, I am really quite taken with them now that I am paying closer attention to them!

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,1929.0.html

Def

Reply #36 on: August 08, 2007, 05:19:31 PM
Hey I know this is off topic, but hey Micky I see from your signature line that you like the group garbage? I have all thier albums up to beautiful garbage, great band but have not heard much from them lately. Checked out some info and it seems they still got some stuff out there, mainly a compliation cd that has a collection of thier songs or something...called perfect garbage.

David
I'm HUGE fan mate ;D I spent several hours on here boring the crap outa the guys  ;D

there new album is absolute garbage, well worth it if you ask me even though I've already got all there songs ::)

Reply #37 on: August 08, 2007, 05:20:34 PM
We had a nice discussion about music in the Break Room last week.  Micky talked about Garbage all the way through it, and I must admit, I am really quite taken with them now that I am paying closer attention to them!

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,1929.0.html

Def
sometimes I'm worth knowing, Only sometimes though! ;D

Reply #38 on: August 08, 2007, 07:27:48 PM

David
I'm HUGE fan mate ;D I spent several hours on here boring the crap outa the guys  ;D

there new album is absolute garbage, well worth it if you ask me even though I've already got all there songs ::)
Oh and there's bleed like me too! ;)

5 albums in total mate :)

Offline HighlandPark

Reply #39 on: August 13, 2007, 09:57:07 PM
another garbage fan here, too!
i always remember the first time hearing shirley and the boys was when i spent 9 long weeks in north dakota. i kept hearing "only happy when it rains" on an indie radio channel and always made fun of the guys in the record stores asking them "do you sell garbage?" since i am 2m tall (6''7' i think) they behaved ;-)

did i miss someone saying that they edc two saks like i am? i love to have what is necessary around (farmer edc in left front pocket) but always have the swiss champ ( cyber tool 41) in my jacket within reach. this way i don't have to worry about the bulk and probably won't find me in a situation where i am under-sak-ed. i always need a pair of pliers around.

Reply #40 on: August 13, 2007, 11:05:17 PM
another garbage fan here, too!
i always remember the first time hearing shirley and the boys was when i spent 9 long weeks in north dakota. i kept hearing "only happy when it rains" on an indie radio channel and always made fun of the guys in the record stores asking them "do you sell garbage?" since i am 2m tall (6''7' i think) they behaved ;-)

did i miss someone saying that they edc two saks like i am? i love to have what is necessary around (farmer edc in left front pocket) but always have the swiss champ ( cyber tool 41) in my jacket within reach. this way i don't have to worry about the bulk and probably won't find me in a situation where i am under-sak-ed. i always need a pair of pliers around.
I think most of us carry at LEAST 2 saks or multi's, otherwise your other hand just gets lonely ;D

I,ll add you name to the ever increasing garbage fan list! :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #41 on: August 15, 2007, 04:40:54 AM
I'd start a Garbage Tool Forum, but it would get filled with Chinese tools and fights would break out between Garbage and Tool fans, each insisting theirs is the best band!

Def

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #42 on: August 15, 2007, 07:33:05 AM
I'd start a Garbage Tool Forum, but it would get filled with Chinese tools and fights would break out between Garbage and Tool fans, each insisting theirs is the best band!

Def

I was going to respond with... " I like Tool "  but then I realized that statement could be taken a few different ways...
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

Reply #43 on: August 15, 2007, 08:52:41 AM

Def

I was going to respond with... " I like Tool "  but then I realized that statement could be taken a few different ways...
i'm glad you didn't too ;) :D

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #44 on: August 15, 2007, 07:51:25 PM
Welcome to the forum jock1  ;D  Great choice in buying both the Swisschamp and the swisstool  :cheers: At work  ( I work in a double glazing factory  :( ) I carry a Swisstool and a Swisschamp . I find the Swisschamp great for first aid , the tweezers , pin and magnifying glass is great for spinters . As for our UK laws on the Swisstool I suppose it depends on where you live , where you go and what excuse you have for carrying it .If your a young guy who wears baseball caps and hoodys then its probably not a good idea but if your a slightly overweight 35 year old who often has a one or both my daughters and my wife in tow I cant see any reason to be stopped and searched .Also the Swisstool doesnt look very threatening. I'm not saying I think you should carry it but more do you need to carry it ? Both MickyD and myself get on great with them. You wont be dissapointed with the Swisschamp though , I would never part with mine .

Dunc
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 07:54:00 PM by dunc5 »

Reply #45 on: August 15, 2007, 08:22:18 PM
Welcome to the forum jock1  ;D  Great choice in buying both the Swisschamp and the swisstool  :cheers: At work  ( I work in a double glazing factory  :( ) I carry a Swisstool and a Swisschamp . I find the Swisschamp great for first aid , the tweezers , pin and magnifying glass is great for spinters . As for our UK laws on the Swisstool I suppose it depends on where you live , where you go and what excuse you have for carrying it .If your a young guy who wears baseball caps and hoodys then its probably not a good idea but if your a slightly overweight 35 year old who often has a one or both my daughters and my wife in tow I cant see any reason to be stopped and searched .Also the Swisstool doesnt look very threatening. I'm not saying I think you should carry it but more do you need to carry it ? Both MickyD and myself get on great with them. You wont be dissapointed with the Swisschamp though , I would never part with mine .

Dunc
that about sum's it up, I guess that why Dunc's a moderator and I'm not ;D

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #46 on: August 15, 2007, 08:34:31 PM
Micky I think you would make a great mod and your spellings better then mine  ;) . Shame you miss out on all the parties , free beer and hot women  ;) Oh well just one of the perks I guess  ;D

Dunc

Reply #47 on: August 15, 2007, 10:16:04 PM
Micky I think you would make a great mod and your spellings better then mine  ;) . Shame you miss out on all the parties , free beer and hot women  ;) Oh well just one of the perks I guess  ;D

Dunc
You can have my share of the beer and the wild parties, I'll just sit quietly in the corner with everybodys hot women, sound fair? ;) :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #48 on: August 15, 2007, 11:47:26 PM
*refraining from making the comment I so desperately want to make*

DEf

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #49 on: August 16, 2007, 02:45:00 AM
*refraining from making the comment I so desperately want to make*

DEf
You mean the comment about hot beer and free women? :cheers:
I

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #50 on: August 16, 2007, 02:46:35 AM
No, the one about how if he's got all the women he's going to need a drink more than the rest of us! :P

Def

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #51 on: August 16, 2007, 02:56:08 AM
Only if it's Red Bull,The Energy Drink !!
I

Reply #52 on: August 16, 2007, 10:25:03 AM
No, the one about how if he's got all the women he's going to need a drink more than the rest of us! :P

Def
True I'm almost 31 now, so my stamina's got to have a question mark ;D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #53 on: August 16, 2007, 12:40:44 PM
Yup, all downhill after 30... might as well check yourself into a retirement home!   :P

Def

Offline znapschatz

Reply #54 on: August 17, 2007, 02:58:57 PM
Yup, all downhill after 30... might as well check yourself into a retirement home!   :P

Def

As an actual old guy, let me weigh in on this.  In general, I have always been in good but not peak condition most of my life, probably about typical, few bad habits.  Fortified with nothing special, I sailed through the 30s without noticing any slowdowns compared to my 20s.  The descent began in the early 50s, slowly gathering speed on the tobaggan ride to senility.  So don't worry, be happy.  You've got miles to go.   

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #55 on: August 17, 2007, 03:10:45 PM
My late teen years were rough and left me with a broken knee and lifelong problems with it.  My 20's weren't much better and left me with a dislocated elbow that still acts up once in a while and a steel plate and 8 pins in my foot, along with a generous helping of post traumatic arthritis which is going to get the joint fused likely before I hit my 40's.

I guess I could say that life has kinda been downhill for me from about 15... but what a freakin ride!  :D

Def

Reply #56 on: August 17, 2007, 04:23:20 PM
My late teen years were rough and left me with a broken knee and lifelong problems with it.  My 20's weren't much better and left me with a dislocated elbow that still acts up once in a while and a steel plate and 8 pins in my foot, along with a generous helping of post traumatic arthritis which is going to get the joint fused likely before I hit my 40's.

I guess I could say that life has kinda been downhill for me from about 15... but what a freakin ride!  :D

Def
Too many punch up's and spectacular motorcycle accidents have left me in pretty much the same boad as young grant ;D

bloody good fun at the time though :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #57 on: August 17, 2007, 05:15:21 PM
I read somewhere that the leading cause of injury in males between the ages of 18 and 64 is the phrase "Hey, watch this!"

:ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

Def

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #58 on: August 17, 2007, 10:15:19 PM
I havent done too bad when I think about it , apart from cancer in my twentys ( that was a bit of a nightmare  :( ) I've been pretty lucky although I dont feel quite as energetic as I used to but I'm putting that down to too many pies and beer  :cheers: . Plus I've given up smoking which I should have done a long time ago .

Dunc

Reply #59 on: August 17, 2007, 10:28:33 PM
I havent done too bad when I think about it , apart from cancer in my twentys ( that was a bit of a nightmare  :( ) I've been pretty lucky although I dont feel quite as energetic as I used to but I'm putting that down to too many pies and beer  :cheers: . Plus I've given up smoking which I should have done a long time ago .

Dunc
Fair play to you mate for kicking the big C and the fags mate(for our american viewers fags are cigrettes ;D)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD