Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New here, want my first (well not really) Multitool

jp1016 · 16 · 1407

Offline jp1016

So I've had one other multitool before, victorinox (something like that) classic, but it is probably completely rusted at the bottom of a lake. Yes, I dropped it into the water while fishing (rather, my dad kicked it "accidentally" into the water). So, I was looking around, and I want my "first" multitool to be a leatherman. Im stuck in between the squirt p4, squirt s4, squirt ps4, or the micra. If this is in the wrong section or something... sorry :D

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Re: New here, want my first (well not really) Multitool
Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 11:05:33 AM
what do you want it for? the ones you mentioned are all keychain tools
I

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 11:06:00 AM
Hi and welcome to Multitool.org  :salute:

I haven't got one as yet but the new PS4 seems to good value for money if pliers are important  :tu:

If pliers aren't as important the Micra is hard to beat and quite easy to get an affordable one :D

I first came here with an S4 and now have quite a nice collection  ::) :D so say goodbye money hello multitools  :cheers:

Offline jp1016

Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 11:30:19 AM
Pliers I think are definitely important but not necessary. tI'll probably be using it for removing hooks during fishing, using the screwdriver stuff, cutting small things up (various things ya know?), just pretty much everyday stuff. It being light (very light) is also a huge ++++. Affordability and where to buy would also be a + Thanks  :)

Waiit, another thing, I looked around quite a bit (Micra appreciation thread) and some people have a HUGE collection of multitools. May I ask, why so many? Aren't you really only going to need one?

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 11:58:54 AM
If pliers are important and a lightweight then the Skeletool might be worth looking at  :tu:

Or the Juice range  :D

Loads of reviews on the home page http://www.multitool.org/leatherman-tool-group/

Why have so many??  :think:

Cos there so much fun  :ahhh While they are expensive in the stores you will pick up a bargain or two in the trade forums. Then you begin trading and swapping :D

I have a humble collection but am proud to say I've never paid full RRP on any of them  :D

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 12:22:41 PM
People collect all sorts of things. A few collect multi-tools.

Well if you are looking for a pair to fit the bill for fishing, may I suggest a nice cheap pair of COAST Pro Fishing Pliers. The needle nose is bent at the tip 90 degrees and works like a charm for fishing. I can attest to that.

If your heart is set on a Leatherman. Then you can't go wrong with any of the keychain tools you have mentioned.

If you are looking for a larger MT, then take a look at the wave. I believe its outside opening tools would prove an asset on a boat.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Offline jp1016

Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 07:59:47 PM
If pliers are important and a lightweight then the Skeletool might be worth looking at  :tu:

Or the Juice range  :D

Loads of reviews on the home page http://www.multitool.org/leatherman-tool-group/

Why have so many??  :think:

Cos there so much fun  :ahhh While they are expensive in the stores you will pick up a bargain or two in the trade forums. Then you begin trading and swapping :D

I have a humble collection but am proud to say I've never paid full RRP on any of them  :D

These right now are WAYYY out of my price range. I think the two finalists are the Squirt PS4 and the Micra (because of price :D).

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 08:08:17 PM
Zack has a like new Micra for sale for $10. If Zack says it's like new then it is like new  :tu:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,19324.msg378954.html#msg378954

Might be worth talking to him :)

Offline jp1016

Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 08:10:15 PM
Pardon me asking, but how do trades work on this site?

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 08:47:35 PM
Try to take a look in the EDC Swap Shop & Tools Needed. Those threads give a pretty good overview of what/how trades are done here..  :)

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 09:27:25 PM

Like Allan said, if you take a look at a few threads you soon get the idea :D

If you something in the Multitools For Sale section then you can just post in the thread or PM the seller. We are a friendly and helpful bunch so you'll certainly get a hand if you get stuck  :tu:

Offline jp1016

Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 10:01:29 PM
I think I've made my choice. Micra. It's really because of the price but I will be getting a ps4 when I get more money. :tool:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 10:09:36 PM
I think I've made my choice. Micra. It's really because of the price but I will be getting a ps4 when I get more money. :tool:
Click..  ;)
Felinevet: Good cause and great price..  :tu:

Offline jp1016

Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 10:12:50 PM
I actually think I want it new...because you just have that feeling when you get a brand new anything out from a package you know? I just think it feels diferent to open something you will be carrying for a long time in your pocket everyday from a brand new plastic sealed package compared to opening it from whatever the previous owner packaged it in. If I'm the only one that feels that way, then I guess I'm just wierd :o
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 10:16:01 PM by jp1016 »

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 10:14:26 PM
Click..  ;)
Felinevet: Good cause and great price..  :tu:

$5-99, free shipping and a nice warm feeling inside?

That's hard to beat  :salute:

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 10:29:10 PM
Pliers I think are definitely important but not necessary. tI'll probably be using it for removing hooks during fishing, using the screwdriver stuff, cutting small things up (various things ya know?), just pretty much everyday stuff. It being light (very light) is also a huge ++++. Affordability and where to buy would also be a + Thanks  :)

Waiit, another thing, I looked around quite a bit (Micra appreciation thread) and some people have a HUGE collection of multitools. May I ask, why so many? Aren't you really only going to need one?

Lol!  Now THAT...is the question of the day!  :)  Welcome to the forum by the way!

For me, I just like gadgets.  Sometimes as I leave the house, I just like the look of my yellow Gerber MP 600, or I might like the look of my Leatherman Wave.  I personally think the Wave is a bit more handy all around, but man...I really like the way my yellow gerber looks, lol.    I also have a Gerber MP 600 pro scout because it has a Remington hacksaw in it, which comes in handy at times.  Sometimes if I know I really gotta use my tool hard, I may opt our for one of my more beat up multitools, so as not to mar the beauty of some others.
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD