Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pair of fuses wanted

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Pair of fuses wanted
on: May 19, 2010, 02:42:35 AM
I have been informed by my wife that she wants a Multi, and the fuse is the one I have selected for her because of it's compact nature and safety/comfort.  Since I have always wanted a fuse myself, I decided to lump these together.  I can't do a cash transaction, but I do have a SOG powerlock(w/gear covers) that I can trade for the pair.  One can be used, but I really want hers to be new.  Thanks for looking!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Re: Pair of fuses wanted
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 02:37:01 PM
Is that the Powerlock you only just got?

Didn't work out then?
I used to come here a lot.

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 04:00:04 PM
Heh... Don't mean to offend anyone, but every other of Mercury's posts makes me wanna go "Nikko, is that you?" :D

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 04:32:24 PM
Yea, it worked for a few days, but I keep going right back to the blast.  I had just got it and my wife said she wanted a MT, so I had to scramble to find something to sell or trade for it.  she never tells me that she wants anything so when she does I take it seriously.  I don't have the resources right now to own more than about three MT's at a time, so I end up trading if I want a different one.

And I am going to forget that I was compared to that child. 

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 01:19:23 AM
I have been informed by my wife that she wants a Multi, and the fuse is the one I have selected for her because of it's compact nature and safety/comfort.  Since I have always wanted a fuse myself, I decided to lump these together.  I can't do a cash transaction, but I do have a SOG powerlock(w/gear covers) that I can trade for the pair.  One can be used, but I really want hers to be new.  Thanks for looking!

Think about a knifeless fuse for the wife.  I had Jim Guy make me one to give to the wife for Mother's Day.  Since she will soon be working in a school setting it only made since to ditch the blade, plus she carries a SAK (Wenger) anyway.

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 01:27:04 AM
hows that now knifeless fuse working out? Ive since made myself a knifeless blast.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 01:31:22 AM
Actually, a knifeless fuse sounds good for her.  I want mine to have a blade, because I am going to add a file to it to have a toned down blast.  One question for Jim Guy, how hard is it to disassemble the blast/fuse?  Will I need the kick clips or can I do it without them?

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 01:35:15 AM
the clips work good. You can do it with out them but you have to be extra careful using pliers, you can end up tearing the bolts up.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 02:00:05 AM
Are they really tight?  I know they use loctite to secure them, does it take a lot to break?

For that matter, if i can mod my blast, I would probably keep my powerlock because I want to take the quarter inch driver and stick it in the blast.  Do you know if the pivot bolts are the same diameter?

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 02:41:53 AM
not sure on the sogs, I traded my powerlocks off. The bolts on the LMs that Ive took apart range from barely finger tight to bust your knuckles tight! They use red loctite from the factory, I use blue. The red they use must not be the same that we can get over the counter. Red is maximum strength, loctite doesnt recomend using it on fasteners that small.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 03:57:46 AM by jim guy »

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 05:10:56 AM
I will have to order the clips and try it.  I don't want to screw up a tool for a mod. (I know, sometimes it can't be avoided)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%