Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is this Custom Eifel Plierench for!?

Offline HappyLittleTools

• New User
What is this Custom Eifel Plierench for!?
on: March 28, 2024, 11:44:14 PM
Hi, Long time Lurker, first time poster!

I have been collecting Plierenches for a while, and have re-read the following thread numerous times: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=47985.0

I recently was able to purchase a very unique plierench off ebay. This was the description of the tool:
"Rare Kind Vintage Eifel Plierench Pliers Wrench Tool Chicago Model T-262587.

The pliers came with the bag and these parts that I don’t really know how to use and if they really belong to this tool. I have seen many Eifel Plierench but never like this one.

The tool doesn’t have any markings just the number that I hope is the model number.

This came from a watchmaker Estate sale house so probably this tool has something to do with the watchmaker trade."

So I am super curious if anyone has any info. I attached 4 photos here, but I will post a link to a google drive folder full of a ton of images here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BTPk0eAAnnfg8jLqpWECxzgN-jCMSy5l?usp=sharing

The item came with a bag, that had a number of model numbers that are similar to the one stamped on the tool itself. These model unique numbers are also stamped into a bunch of parts that the seller believes are part of this. and i tend to agree with them.

IMG_3055.jpg
* IMG_3055.jpg (Filesize: 238.74 KB)

IMG_3056.jpg
* IMG_3056.jpg (Filesize: 203.66 KB)

IMG_3057.jpg
* IMG_3057.jpg (Filesize: 188.14 KB)

IMG_3058.jpg
* IMG_3058.jpg (Filesize: 144.97 KB)

Any thoughts?

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Re: What is this Custom Eifel Plierench for!?
Reply #1 on: March 30, 2024, 01:58:55 PM
   You already know more about it than I ever will.  So, I don't have anything to add.  I just hate to see a new member make such an interesting post with fine photos and not get a response.  Sometimes nobody responds because something is rather off the beaten path. 
   Welcome to the site anyway.  Nobody knows everything there is to know about everything, but it is a friendly bunch.  Best wishes.  Gary (IMR)
 :cheers:

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 11:45:00 PM
I had to look up what Plierenches were.  Very cool tool indeed.  I'd never heard of them until now.
May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surpise Box GAW!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #3 on: April 01, 2024, 02:15:52 AM
I don't claim to be an expert on these, but looking at the extra bits had me thinking it was some kind of punch or crimper. 

We do have a member ( Yadda ) who has quite a few different Plierenches so hopefully they will chime in when they see this thread.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 02:42:25 AM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #4 on: April 01, 2024, 03:00:42 AM
I'd not heard of these either, but a quick Google search led me to these articles.

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/the-eifel-plierench-what-most-people-have-been-missing.102551/

https://toolpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Plierench

There are some YouTube videos that I didn't watch...
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD