Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Plastic Knife

england Offline AddictedToTools

Plastic Knife
on: June 05, 2010, 11:09:30 AM
Yes, I'm looking for another item. This time it's a knife like this -Clicky- , it looks like it would make a good base for practising making a knife!

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Re: Plastic Knife
Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 11:33:40 AM
This??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Craft-Plastic-Lettuce-Tomato/dp/B0001IWXBA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1275730239&sr=8-7

This is one of the reviews  :think: ::)

I would not even give this one star. Mine went back after a few days, it was so slow, like stepping back to the first PC's. I think Archos rushed this out to beat the Apple tablet, they should have spent more time on development.

I have read accounts of people taking Windows 7 off, and re-installing XP, which makes the machine run much better. I would not be prepared to do this with new kit.

My advice, DO NOT buy!!

If you're getting it make sure to re-install XP  :rofl:

england Offline AddictedToTools

Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 11:49:27 AM
That looks about right, as long as it's made of similar stuff... :think:

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 06:41:36 PM
Lol, I read the other review, sounds like somebody should stay out of the kitchen.

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 02:42:29 PM
Makes me wonder how these would do passing through airport security...?  Not that I would try, just thinking of the possible dangers.
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 08:02:10 PM
Metal detector won't work but the profile would still show up on x-ray.

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 11:03:54 PM

Hahaha that is not all that comforting considering how much stuff has slipped through the visual check due to people not paying attention.
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 11:46:57 PM
By the way...I actually just now came across one of these...a light blue one made by Progressive.   Looks just like this but blue

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 11:52:57 PM

If you carry it on you, there won't be an x-ray...

-Dylan Thomas

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 12:03:01 AM

Where have you been in the last few years.  :P They are putting in full body scanner in airports now so they can see you naked and anything you have on you.  :ahhh

And they are actually quite common, lots of stores have it in their kitchen utensil section. But why the heck would anyone use it? Here I am thinking my steel kitchen knife at 20° edge is still not sharp enough...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:07:31 AM by jzmtl »

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 12:16:15 AM

Where have you been in the last few years.  :P They are putting in full body scanner in airports now so they can see you naked and anything you have on you.  :ahhh

And they are actually quite common, lots of stores have it in their kitchen utensil section. But why the heck would anyone use it? Here I am thinking my steel kitchen knife at 20° edge is still not sharp enough...

Have you tried one of the ceramic knives they have available, Jie?  Any luck with those meeting your wants?

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 12:35:00 AM

For some odd reason if you use the plastic lettuce knives to cut your lettuce, it will not brown up.   weird but true. 
Hehe, makes me think of Total Recall.  I'll stutter at the cop...."T...t...t....tw...two  weeeeeeeeeeeks" and run through the xray thing.  lol

-Dylan Thomas

ca Offline jzmtl

Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 01:11:06 AM

Have you tried one of the ceramic knives they have available, Jie?  Any luck with those meeting your wants?

From what I hear while they can stay sharp they aren't actually as sharp as steel. But really it's just an (unrealistic) obsession of mine, something along the line of a lightsabre probably could satisfy me. :D

For some odd reason if you use the plastic lettuce knives to cut your lettuce, it will not brown up.   weird but true. 
Hehe, makes me think of Total Recall.  I'll stutter at the cop...."T...t...t....tw...two  weeeeeeeeeeeks" and run through the xray thing.  lol

That's what they say about apple too, but I usualy don't leave processed food around long enough to matter.

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 10:23:10 AM

Bingo  :tu:

Or that's what I heard.  :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69