Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

swisstool cs plus question ?

Zed · 5 · 2070

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
swisstool cs plus question ?
on: June 08, 2010, 10:27:07 AM
does the extension bar fit to the tool and how does the corkscrew attach ? anyone got pics  :tu: the tool itself looks like a standard swisstool x with the scissors ?

thanks guys n gals,

paul

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Re: swisstool cs plus question ?
Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 01:21:57 PM
The "extension bar" is not an extension bar... just an L-shaped wrench. As such, it doesn't fit the tool in any way, but is meant to be used separately. It has bit drivers on both ends, with a ring to hold the bits in (no magnets etc.) The corkscrew attaches to the "lanyard holes" on the side of the handles when the tool is in the closed position (the weird-shaped holes on the metal tabs that sit on the sides of the plier head when the tool is closed. The tool in the pic is an older SwissTool X (you can tell by the plier head), but that could well be a stock photo; if you're buying online, perhaps you could ask for a photo of the actual item.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 01:29:33 PM
The "extension bar" is not an extension bar... just an L-shaped wrench. As such, it doesn't fit the tool in any way, but is meant to be used separately. It has bit drivers on both ends, with a ring to hold the bits in (no magnets etc.) The corkscrew attaches to the "lanyard holes" on the side of the handles when the tool is in the closed position (the weird-shaped holes on the metal tabs that sit on the sides of the plier head when the tool is closed. The tool in the pic is an older SwissTool X (you can tell by the plier head), but that could well be a stock photo; if you're buying online, perhaps you could ask for a photo of the actual item.

thanks nikos, i dont wont to buy the whole thing but was wondering if the parts can be brought separately  :think: also the hole on my older swisstool are round , so i guess the corkscrew would not work anyway  :-\  thanks again for the answer  :cheers:

paul

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 02:16:17 PM

thanks nikos, i dont wont to buy the whole thing but was wondering if the parts can be brought separately  :think: also the hole on my older swisstool are round , so i guess the corkscrew would not work anyway  :-\  thanks again for the answer  :cheers:

paul

The parts can indeed be bought separately. I'd suggest checking with Neil or Tim first or posting a WTB thread, then resorting to other routes (e.g. there are a couple of them on ebay.com but shipping is utter overkill).

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 02:53:13 PM

paul

The parts can indeed be bought separately. I'd suggest checking with Neil or Tim first or posting a WTB thread, then resorting to other routes (e.g. there are a couple of them on ebay.com but shipping is utter overkill).

thanks nikos, im in no hurry just thought they would be handy extra's  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD