Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

(More) Vintage, HTF SAKs for trade

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
(More) Vintage, HTF SAKs for trade
on: June 11, 2010, 08:51:32 PM
OK, another thread as all the knives from the first one went to Felinevet.

OK, time to clear out more duplicates from the collection and (hopefully) get some stuff I don't have. Interested in anything Victorinox 84mm, 91mm, or 93mm. The older the better, but will consider anything interesting regardless of age. BTW, I have no problem over-trading for specific models that fill gaps in my collection (i.e. Motorist, 91mm Waiter, CampFlame, Yeoman Mechanic to name a few).  If no interest, I'll dump this stuff up on eBay to help pay for some new acquisitions.

What I have for trade (click pics for larger version) is as follows. Note that all knives are in very good to excellent condition and have been thoroughly cleaned and oiled. These were all part of my collection at one time, so no pocket lint, dirt crud, etc in these.

1986 Victorinox Scientist
This one is in about as good condition as you can get without being new in box. Bonus points for being one of the first Scientist made. How do I know this? Well, we know the 91mm combo tool came out in 1986. We also know that Victorinox changed the stamp on the blades around the end of 1986 to go from "victorinox" in all small caps to "Victorinox" with a larger "V". So, combo tool + small "V" = 1986, and that's exactly what this one is. No pin plus scales, old style mag layer backspring, and old style fine screwdriver.

1983 Victorinox Battle of Morgarten
1983 Victorinox Battle of Morgarten special edition SAK. New in box with serial number #6757/9999. This is the first of the Battle Series and the hardest of all to find, and the prices for these tend to be higher than the others in the Battle series. Blade is etched with "Morgarten 1315". Comes with wood case and all documentation (CoA, Morgarten explanation). This one will go for cheap, so make some offers.

Brass Liner Alox Farmer
Want a Farmer that you can actually carry and don't have to spend the kids college fund on? This is it. This is a pre-1985 alox Farmer with brass liners and rough machined caplifter and can opener. Very tip of the blade was missing so I had it reprofiled and sharpened by the local knife store, which did a fantastic job. Tools are all in excellent condition and very snappy. Bought this as an EDC, but found I like my Pioneer Rancher better.

Brass Liner Alox Pioneer
About the same vintage as the Farmer above, this one has much more of the anodizing left. Tools are all in excellent condition and very snappy. Bought this as an EDC, but found again found I like my Pioneer Rancher better.

1997 Dated Old Alox Pioneer
Old style alox Pioneer with 1997 dated blade. Tools are snappy, tip of main blade slightly tweaked. 

Old thumb style One Handed Trekker
New in clamshell (opened but never used). Has the old style oval thumb hole vs the newer rounder style, for those that dig that. 

Update: The following were in my last trade thread, but the deal fell through so they're back on the trade market.

1950s Bijou
No, this isn't a red alox Companion... this is a very old, exposed rivet, 1950s era cellidor Bijou (Classic w/o keyring). Nickel silver inlays front and back (the writing on the back is inlaid, not printed) and exposed nickel silver rivets. Vintage single leaf scissors, Victoria stamped blade, vintage cut style nail file, and nickel-silver (not aluminum) tipped tweezers.

58mm Bladeless - New in box
A TSA friendly knife that is no longer in production. Caplifter, scissors, tweezers, pen.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:13:18 PM by jazzbass »

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: (More) Vintage, HTF SAKs for trade
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 09:00:25 PM
PM coming...

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Re: (More) Vintage, HTF SAKs for trade
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 10:18:28 PM
I have a Wenger Ranger Mike Horn edition if you're interested?   :tu:

Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%