Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My watch addiction has gotten more expensive!

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
My watch addiction has gotten more expensive!
on: June 12, 2010, 04:45:58 PM
It's getting out of hand actually, but I can't help myself!  :shrug:

I had been content with the affordable sub-$100 watches I had been getting, but after getting that Invicta SubAqua Noma III kit I mentioned in my previous watch thread I have been jonesing for more of the higher end stuff. And again a few deals crossed my path recently that I could not pass up. And this first one is another Invicta kit.

The first kit I got was the Invicta 6687 in Green, this one is from the same series but in Blue........

It's a Invicta 6684 SubAqua Noma III (SANIII) Ocean Quest Kit in Vibrant Blue. The SubAqua Noma's are some of Invicta's higher end dive watches, and one of their most popular lines. These ones are unique as they are in kit form. And they are Tanks! The watch itself is made of 316L stainless with a 50mm case diameter that is 18mm thick. The case houses a Swiss ISA 8172/220 Quartz Chronograph Movement with both day and date complications. The deeply set dial is done in a bright blue sunray finish and the Hour, Minute and Subdial Hands, as well as the Hour Markers and Bezel Indexes are done over in luminous coating called Tritnite. This is topped by a thick piece of Flame Fusion crystal surrounded by a undirectional divers bezel. The crown and function pushers are screw down style, and also includes a locking crown protector. The watch is 500 meters water resistant.

This kit includes three straps and one metal bracelet. The three bands include a Black Rubber with aluminum inserts, a Invicta Subaqua Noma Logoed Silicon Rubber Strap, and a Crocodile Patterned Black Leather Strap with raised horizontal stitching....all of which sport stainless buckles. The bracelet is a brushed and polished stainless linked set up with textured silvertone aluminum center links sporting a stainless fold over clasp with safety. All are 28mm wide where they meet the case. These are held to the case by threaded stainless hexhead pins.

Wrist shot on the bracelet........

Wrist shot on the silicone strap........

All of this is stored in a fully padded yellow hard shell divers case branded with the Invicta logo, fully sealed with release valve, and sporting locking side clamps. And all of this also includes a extra set of threaded pins as well as a hex head tool for them.

These kits are neat and the watch is excellent with a quality fit and finish. The design has really got me hooked and despite their large size and weight they wear quite comfortably.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: My watch addiction has gotten more expensive!
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 04:47:57 PM
All you need now is to take up diving!

Nice watch.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 05:12:52 PM
Next up is another Invicta SubAqua Noma III, this one from their more regular lines of SANIII's. These watches tend to be quite expensive.....at least for me. So when they come up on special deals and sales they are hard to pass up. And this one was at about $150 so I jumped!

It's a Invicta 6237 SubAqua Noma III Chronograph...........

..........the specs of the previous one I mentioned at the start of this thread apply here as far as case size and what not. The exceptions being that this one uses a Swiss ISA 8171 Chronograph Quartz movement with date complication and the watch is completely coated in Black IP.

The Vibrant Green dial on this SANIII is fully perforated allowing you to see some of the inner workings of the movement, and the linked bracelet is a combination of Black IP coated stainless outer links with Black Polyurethane textured center links....which brings some of it's weight down. Throughout the watch the black IP coating is a mix of both polished and brushed finishes, and with the bright green dial...in the right light...this thing really pops.

To me, this is a beautiful time piece. The style and design of these SANIII's I really enjoy. And like on my other two SANIII's with their bracelets these are quite comfortable to wear.

2xTap
Knives, Watches, and Flashlights are like Guns......you can never have too many!

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 05:22:20 PM
All you need now is to take up diving!

Nice watch.

No, I don't think so........I got enough expensive hobbies as it is! One more and I'll probably end up financially destitute.  :D

2xTap

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 06:21:08 PM
Now this last one has become the Pièce de résistance of my collection, and one I thought I'd likely never get a chance to own as they can be really damn expensive.

Invicta has many different lines of watches, and even more designs with in those lines. Their upper tier line is their Reserve Collection which is regarded as thier best quality, and often, most expensive line up. In this Collection there is one watch which really stands out and that is their SubAqua Specialty (SAS). They do runs of these that are a bit less expensive that have much less exotic movements and some that have rubber straps. Finding one that has a fully linked steel bracelet that is affordable, to me, hasn't been easy. But one did finally come my way and it was another "couldn't pass up" opportunity.

One of the things that makes the SAS rather expensive is the complexity of it's design which uses a "Case & Cradle" set-up, which I will get into in a bit. The one I picked up is the Invicta 0009 SubAqua Reserve Specialty Quartz GMT......

These are also big and heavy watches, on a full steel linked bracelet like mine above they can weigh in at nearly a pound! Lots of steel in this bad boy......not for the timid!  ;)

The watch sits in with a diameter of about 52mm and a thickness of around 20mm. My particular version here runs a Swiss Ronda 515 Quartz GMT movement with date complication. The dial is done in a bright Yellow sunray finish and the hour markers as well as the hour and minute hands are coated in luminous Tritnite. All of this sits in a 316L stainless case which is Gunmetal coated and topped by a Flame Fusion crystal surrounded by a Gunmetal/polished Stainless bezel. All of this is bolted together and then dropped into and bolted to a fully machined skeletonized 316L stainless cradle............

This design gives the watch quite a striking look, I love it!  :tu:

Then bolted to the cradle we have the hefty 26mm stainless bracelet. The multi-link bracelet carries over the two-tone look with brushed finished stainless outer links and Gunmetal finished inner links. It sports a divers clasp with fold over safety. The watch has a screw down crown and is rated at 500 meters water resistant.

It has quite the presence on the wrist........

I like big watches and this one is definitely a big watch. And the heaviest one I own as well. Wearing this you know you got it on, that's for sure. But the bracelet design is such that despite it's size and weight it is quite comfortable to wear. Matter of fact it's as comfortable, if not a bit more so, to wear as my SANIII's on their bracelets.

These are phenominal looking watches, and when I first saw them I was taken by their design and look. But I have to admit these are ones you truely can't appreciate until you have them on the wrist. The fit and finish as well is superb, I can find not fault in it's finish and the machining was well executed. It's a work of art really......and mine is one of the less expensive, and less "loud" versions they make.  :o

I have to say these last few watches I got have really ruined me for as much as this addiction has taken hold I find myself eyeing these more than any others......and as fate would have it these are also the more expensive ones too. My hobbies can never be cheap!  :(

2xTap

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 09:29:07 PM
It's a slippery slope mate  :ahhh
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 10:39:00 PM
 Invicta 0009 SubAqua Reserve Specialty Quartz GMT :o :drool:

that one is a great looking time piece.

check out Festina too....offical timekeeper of the tour de France
:like:    :MTO:

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 12:29:42 AM
if you ever need help winding up the autos ill give you my address :D ;)
I

us Offline 2xTap

• No Life Club
  • Slipjoint Fanatic!
Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 06:24:56 PM
It's a slippery slope mate  :ahhh

That it is!

check out Festina too....offical timekeeper of the tour de France

I have and they got some nice pieces. They have a couple I am keeping my out for at better pricing than what I have found thus far.

if you ever need help winding up the autos ill give you my address :D ;)

LOL.......I am sure you would.  :D

And to add I just came across a real good deal on this............

.............a Invicta 6349 Pro Diver GMT, couldn't pass it up at $68.00 with free shipping from Invicta. Another discount piece from their Sunday Run sales.  :tu:

2xTap
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 06:36:00 PM by 2xTap »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%