Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Which was the most dangerous situation your leatherman help or saved your life?

liO · 20 · 2752

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Welcome aboard ! At age 50,you do your best to avoid danger ;D I've used the PST II to make some improptu lawn mower repairs,sparing me the wrath of Mrs Bison..I guess that could count as a dangerous situation.There'll be others here that have more adventurous tales than me.
I

Offline znapschatz

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Several years ago I was confronted by a crazed, chain wielding burnout.  When I reached under my jacket and popped open the snap on my Leatherman Super Tool pouch, he backed off, unwilling to deal with whatever I was packing. 

My intention, had matters come to blows, was to use the closed multi-tool as a striking weapon or fist weight. There was no time to access a blade.  Even if possible, with all things equal, chain beats knife, especially in the hands of an experienced street fighter (him) over not so much (me).   

There were several occasions when a multi-tool EDC spared me considerable inconvenience, but none other that I would call life threatening.     

Offline znapschatz

Welcome aboard ! At age 50,you do your best to avoid danger ;D I've used the PST II to make some improptu lawn mower repairs,sparing me the wrath of Mrs Bison..I guess that could count as a dangerous situation.There'll be others here that have more adventurous tales than me.

That was another problem.  I was well over 50, at the time, my adversary much younger.  The ravages of dissolute living showed, but he was a hard, wiry guy, no doubt considerably experienced with violence.  I fight to win, but my side bet would have been on him. 

We keep hearing that people my age are younger longer, these days.  It isn't true.  :(

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
I don't have any dangerous stories to speak of, but if you're into LM stories and you haven't found the "tool tales" part of their website, I'd sugest you take a peak! There are some good stories in there...
http://www.leatherman.com/leatherman-world/tool-tales/default.asp

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
The MOMENT'S when i came close to death, and I had my lm supertool, it was safe and secure on my belt while i tried desperatley to hang on to my motorcycles at well over three fiqure speeds, so i was a little preocupied ;D

Have you got a story to tell then mate?
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
There have been countless times when a multitool has "saved" me from a long walk back to my toolbox.  ;)  Nothing more exciting than that though. 'Fraid I lead a rather boring life.   :-\
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline znapschatz

There have been countless times when a multitool has "saved" me from a long walk back to my toolbox.  ;)  Nothing more exciting than that though. 'Fraid I lead a rather boring life.   :-\

And may your good luck continue.  :)

Offline trickknife

• Deputy Dog
I once had a killer ingrown toe nail.  Does that count? ::)
-

us Offline prime77

• No Life Club
Sometimes while waiting for my wife in the car I use the scissors on my Charge AL to get those hard to reach annoying nose hairs. I lead a very sad and boring life  :-[
"

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
I once had to do first aid on a guy with a bad cut to his arm and had to use the serrated blade on a supertool 200 to cut off the kevlar wrist protection he had on . It was acting like a big sponge and was soaking up blood to the point it was no longer yellow . Couldnt fault the supertool , did a fine job . Shame I couldnt say the same about the scissors in the first aid room .

Dunc

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
So the ST outshined scissors, would that be the serrated blade you used?

David

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Yes I didnt bother to try the plain edge because of the point .

Dunc

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Well, the story I posted not too long ago about me freeing a crocodile from a net at work was pretty dangerous, as I couldn;t really be on his back for too long or he'd have forgotten about the netting and realized "there's a tastey HUMAN on my back!!!"  (I've posted it on Tool Tales on the LM site).

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Maybe you should get a Hybrid or Vista- I'm sure the pruners would have cut the netting easier!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Sparkey

• Road Monkey
I've saved many fish from having hooks in their mouths...does that count?
"

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
I've saved many fish from having hooks in their mouths...does that count?

Hehe, mine just now saved me from having to eat an unsliced apple.  :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Papacat

There was a beer that really needed to be opened. 
"

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
You know those huge plastic bins, that hold those plastic put-together items? Well we had one filled with tree limbs, etc. and on its first or second day on the job, my Wave's serrated blade saved me from having to carry it by the top, and risk having everything fall out, by cutting a handle. I've had one or two more serious situations where multitools have helped me, but not Leathermans (I don't carry them often).
[

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
I have not been saved from certain death by a leatherman.  However, I did use the remgrit saw on my gerber to cut away the rest of the exhause system on a work truck when it would not come all the way off.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%