Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dammit I've just bought a Micra!

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Re: Dammit I've just bought a Micra!
Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 02:07:53 PM
Micras are more than worth the money.I'd still have one on my keyring,if it wasn't for the fact that I find having the pen on my Vic Manager so handy and useful.
I

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 02:30:04 PM
Nice purchase micky d. I've been half thinking about getting one but they just seem a bit pricey for what they are. Whats your opinion, are they worth the money?
There are better tools for the money if you pay full price, but there are a lot of bargains to be had on ebay,  I got mine for just over £11 so I consider it a really good tool for the price I paid :)

If you do get one you won't be disapointed with it, as it does pack a lot of features into a space not much bigger than that of a 58mm classic :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline cryptrick

Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 03:10:42 PM
There are better tools for the money if you pay full price, but there are a lot of bargains to be had on ebay,  I got mine for just over £11 so I consider it a really good tool for the price I paid :)

If you do get one you won't be disapointed with it, as it does pack a lot of features into a space not much bigger than that of a 58mm classic :)

Thanks for that :)  I might get one in the near future then. I haven't bought a keychain tool for quite a while and only have a LM P4 in that keychain group so I had my eye on the micra or the S4, but the micra is probably the better option, slightly cheaper and more available.
[

Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 03:12:57 PM
These's quite a few comming up on the ads at the top of the home page, so keep your eye's open and you should snare yourself a bargain :)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 03:31:42 PM
These's quite a few comming up on the ads at the top of the home page, so keep your eye's open and you should snare yourself a bargain :)

Bargains are quite hard to find on the UK one, you can get lucky though as you said. I once picked up a Blast for a very decent price. Although it often works out cheaper to buy from the States and pay the shipping. It's a shame Supermarkets and larger shops over here don't stock them in bulk because if they did it might bring the costs down a little. Asda do have some Multi's for about a fiver if you're interested  :D
[

Reply #35 on: September 27, 2007, 04:02:19 PM

Asda do have some Multi's for about a fiver if you're interested  :D
Where's the smiley for puke's violently ;D

I didn't realise you were from the UK mate, in that case definatly look across the pond for bargains, felinevet is you friend...

http://felinevet.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

give tim an email and I'm sure he'll be able to help you out :)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #36 on: September 27, 2007, 04:20:34 PM

I didn't realise you were from the UK mate, in that case definatly look across the pond for bargains, felinevet is you friend...

Thanks micky d. I've sent him an email, as I'm after an original Swisstool as well (heard so many good things about them) so hopefully he will come up with something.  :)
[

Reply #37 on: September 27, 2007, 04:23:40 PM

Thanks micky d. I've sent him an email, as I'm after an original Swisstool as well (heard so many good things about them) so hopefully he will come up with something.  :)
The Swisstool is simply an amazing bit of kit, my personal favorite is the X, but any of them will serve you well and for a VERY long time :)

Offline cryptrick

Reply #38 on: September 27, 2007, 04:34:02 PM

The Swisstool is simply an amazing bit of kit, my personal favorite is the X, but any of them will serve you well and for a VERY long time :)

Yeah I would prefer either the X or the RS as they have the scissors and I'm not bothered about the ones with the ratchet. I've never had a problem with any Victorinox product before so hopefully (and by the sounds of it) this trend will continue.  :)
[

Reply #39 on: September 27, 2007, 04:40:08 PM
Yeah I would prefer either the X or the RS as they have the scissors and I'm not bothered about the ones with the ratchet. I've never had a problem with any Victorinox product before so hopefully (and by the sounds of it) this trend will continue.  :)
[/quote]I think that's a safe bet :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21