Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Charge TTi stronger locks and pliers than a New Wave

Offline zenlunatic

On Amazons Charge TTi page, it is claimed that the Charge TTi has 133% stronger pliers and 50% stronger locks than "original" pliers and locks.  When they say original are we talking the actual first leatherman or are we talking other current gen locks?  Basically, does the Charge improve on, say, the New Wave in these respective features?  I've got a NW but I'm considering a TTi to get rid of my folder and go fully multitool.

ca Offline Charger

• Mr. Crunch!
Re: Charge TTi stronger locks and pliers than a New Wave
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 08:09:03 AM
Charge and wave have the same main chassis, so I would say it must be referring to the older LM's

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 08:54:03 AM
I have to agree with charger, I see no difference in the preformance of the pliers of the wave and charge. I also have a SURGE and IMOHO all of them (wave, charge and SURGE) seems to have the same plier metal composition, SURGE seems to have a stronger plier only because it has more mass.
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 12:48:39 PM
I'd say that they are comparing to the original tools like the PST, Pulse, original Wave etc. It sounds like the advertising blurb that they used in 2004 when the new range was released.

The claim sounds realistic as the plier head design changed significantly when they released the new range of tools in 2004, as did the locking mechanisms (including the Wave and the Charges).

I used to come here a lot.

Offline Raze

Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 06:12:25 AM
The marketing-speak could refer to the oval pivot on the plier head, compared with round pivots on other models  :multi:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%