Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Black Oxide Spirit

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Black Oxide Spirit
on: October 07, 2006, 02:32:15 AM
I WISH!!
Wouldn't it be sweet lookin'? Has anybody heard if Victorinox plans to make the Spirit with a black oxide finish, like they did on the Swisstool?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Black Oxide Spirit
Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 03:21:22 AM
I dunno if they plan to do that or not.  Victorinox is very slow to make changes or develop new things.  Look how long it took them to get into the multitool market to begin with.  And the one handed market for that matter.

Of course, when they do get involved they usually do a darned good job of it, although I haven't heard too many good things lately about the quality of the black coating they use.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 03:12:17 AM
........although I haven't heard too many good things lately about the quality of the black coating they use.
Def

Them, and everyone else too. It's hard to make any type of black coating stick to stainless steel.

But I don't care, I still want a black Spirit.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 03:28:21 AM
I have to say, the black coating on my BuckTool seems to be pretty impressive.  Too bad the rest of the tool isn't!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%