Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Core Or Victorinox Swisstool?

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Leatherman Core Or Victorinox Swisstool?
on: August 25, 2007, 05:44:49 AM
Just wondering about the peoples perspective. I personally prefer the CORE.

The reasons i prefer the core is because it has bigger robust pliers, longer wire cutters, NEEDLE NOSE pliers, a true crimper, stranded wire cutters, file goes all the way to the tip and it won't chip like my swisstools did because its made of casehardened steel i believe, screwdrivers aren't rounded and come in pro sizes and are not rounded off, and to be honest I prefer the tools on the inside- I know it takes longer but if I'm surf casting or something and i may drop my tool all the sand wont go all in the blades or anything it would just get on the exterior well most of it anyways. O yea btw and because of its 2.5 inch philips reach.
B

au Offline dingosrun

• bring it on
Re: Leatherman Core Or Victorinox Swisstool?
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 06:20:15 AM
go the core i got 2 of them and love them
buy the adapter to go with it and you have all you need on your hip

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 06:29:09 AM
yeah i know I have one lol
B

Offline znapschatz

Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 06:35:26 AM
Just wondering about the peoples perspective. I personally prefer the CORE.

The reasons i prefer the core is because it has bigger robust pliers, longer wire cutters, NEEDLE NOSE pliers, a true crimper, stranded wire cutters, file goes all the way to the tip and it won't chip like my swisstools did because its made of casehardened steel i believe, screwdrivers aren't rounded and come in pro sizes and are not rounded off, and to be honest I prefer the tools on the inside- I know it takes longer but if I'm surf casting or something and i may drop my tool all the sand wont go all in the blades or anything it would just get on the exterior well most of it anyways. O yea btw and because of its 2.5 inch philips reach.

I agree with most of the above, but it doesn't take longer to access Core implements.  They can be pulled out quickly and easily, even with gloves on, because there is no initial spring tension.  Swisstool implements, even though they can be accessed without opening the plier handles, are under tension from the start and require taking off gloves so you can use the nail nicks.  I think the Core is better designed for work.     

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%