Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

PST EDC

Dunc · 45 · 4509

00 Offline 1jump2many

Re: PST EDC
Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 03:21:26 PM
Plus I also think it's a shame that they don't make the tool that started it all, or at least a direct modern equivalent. :-\

BTW I now need to go dig out my PST for carry tomorrow. ::) :D

I agree.  I think Leatherman should produce the PST and the Micra in their original design as staples of their company.
[

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 05:23:26 PM
Plus I also think it's a shame that they don't make the tool that started it all, or at least a direct modern equivalent. :-\

I agree.  I think Leatherman should produce the PST and the Micra in their original design as staples of their company.

What about the Micra has changed, other than the "USA" being dropped from the design?  And frankly, yes, I'd like to see a modern PST III... and the Vic person I am, I'd pick one up. :D

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 06:43:37 PM

What about the Micra has changed, other than the "USA" being dropped from the design?  And frankly, yes, I'd like to see a modern PST III... and the Vic person I am, I'd pick one up. :D

Nothing, and that is the way I hope they keep it and my point.  Same with the PST.  I don't want a modern version of it, I would like to see the original version.  Make both the PST and Micra their traditional tools that they continue to sell along with their more technological advanced models. 
[

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 06:46:42 PM

Nothing, and that is the way I hope they keep it and my point.  Same with the PST.  I don't want a modern version of it, I would like to see the original version.  Make both the PST and Micra their traditional tools that they continue to sell along with their more technological advanced models. 

I agree , I've always said this and I think they should call it the Classic range .

Dunc

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 06:50:06 PM

I agree , I've always said this and I think they should call it the Classic range .

Dunc

Sounds like a great name for that line of tools.  Now all we have to do is convince them.  Let's put Def on it.  :cheers:
[

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 06:54:47 PM
I've mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, you have the fact that there are 10,000,000 million PSTs out there somewhere (even if half of those have perished, it's not going to be that hard to get hold of one of you wanted), and I'd like to see all of the manufacturers being innovative and going forwards, not backwards.

On the other hand, I still carry a PST / PST II / Sideclip etc from time to time, and I was really pleased when LM went "back to basics" with the Core and the Supertool 300.

I guess whatever happens I'll be happy enough therefore :D
I used to come here a lot.

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #36 on: November 20, 2009, 07:23:34 PM

On one hand, you have the fact that there are 10,000,000 million PSTs out there somewhere (even if half of those have perished, it's not going to be that hard to get hold of one of you wanted), and I'd like to see all of the manufacturers being innovative and going forwards, not backwards.

On the other hand, I still carry a PST / PST II / Sideclip etc from time to time, and I was really pleased when LM went "back to basics" with the Core and the Supertool 300.

10,000,000  :o  But you do own  9,000,000 of them Dave  :pok: No matter what multitool I EDC I always have my SideClip on me .I very rarely use it but It just has to come with me . Been like that for the last 7 months . Its become like a lucky charm .

Dunc

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #37 on: November 20, 2009, 08:21:52 PM
IF the PST was ever brought back I would want it to have more comfortable handles. That was its only fault IMO. Granted I would have liked to have a woodsaw rather than a file but that can't be considered a fault.

PLEASE PLEASE Leatherman, bring back a comfortable PST. With a pocket clip!!!!! And an optional saw!!!! And....
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #38 on: November 20, 2009, 11:22:32 PM

I don't want them to limit their technology, they're a capable company that can do both.  I just would like to see them to always make the PST and Micra from a traditional standpoint.  I would like to see Victorinox make an economical version of the "Heritage" aka the original Soldier's knife.
[

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #39 on: November 20, 2009, 11:45:01 PM

I don't want them to limit their technology, they're a capable company that can do both.  I just would like to see them to always make the PST and Micra from a traditional standpoint.  I would like to see Victorinox make an economical version of the "Heritage" aka the original Soldier's knife.

YES!  I would /love/ a RetroSoldier... or ten. >.>  Still, they could pull it off and keep the price around fifty USD per knife. >.>  :pok:

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 12:59:09 PM
Thought I'd bump this thread . The PST is still seeing some pocket time and is still a pleasure to use . Its not my sole EDC multi by any means but its still a capable Legal EDC option .LM really did get the improvements right on the later models with the offset drivers and improved plier head .Are you guys still EDCing yours ?

Dunc

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 01:40:57 PM
I generally carry a pst and a vic classic most days, i still find the pst to be a handy sized MT with most things i need,  :tu:

paul

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: July 09, 2010, 06:32:03 PM
Very little recently I have to admit. :-[  While at work I've either been carrying my Pulse, modded Fuse or Spirit X.  All of them better tools IMO and the locks are justifiable.  While away from work I still mostly carry just a SAK or either my P4 or my modded Kick if I want some pliers.  So really the PST just hasn't had a look-in.  Once again this thread  might get me carrying it though. ::)

:D
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 06:57:41 PM
My only complaint on the kick is that the drivers tend to fold too easy.  The phillips on my sideclip almost locks it's so tight.  I think when I open my kick up to mod it with scissors, I am going to bend the tension tabs inward almost like an original supertool lock, maybe that will help.  Now, to find a cheap donor LM that is beat up but has serviceable scissors...

00 Offline RaptorMan

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: July 11, 2010, 04:48:37 AM
I carry the sideclip daily everywhere and love it. The PST is still an awesome tool, but I too would love to see either it brought back as original or a new version (maybe a limited run of 1,000 would be cool. With DaveK owning 900 of them. I would imagine they still have the original tools that produced them and with some modifications they could do it.

My request though is maybe a removable sideclip, saw and potentially replaceable carbide cutters.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%