Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Yellowhorse Paratool

Offline supratentorial

Yellowhorse Paratool
on: August 26, 2007, 06:35:38 PM
There's a Yellowhorse Paratool on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170142375249&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

I'm not affiliated with the seller in any way.

* yellowhorse1.jpg (Filesize: 43.18 KB)

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Re: Yellowhorse Paratool
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 06:40:24 PM
Wow, thats pretty  :o

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 06:50:10 PM
David Yellowhorse did a fine job on these. I've got number 248 of 250, looking at it right now. Too bad he didn't have something a little better to work with. (The Paratool is not my favorite design, to say the least) But as a looker, it's pretty dang nice. The flicked metalwork is fabulous.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Roadie

• No Life Club
  • Hello...is this thing on?
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 06:54:38 PM
I'm sorry to say (and no offense to anyone) that i don't like that at all, i don't think its at all pretty, i might infact call it ugly. But each to their own and if you like it then good for you!
Roadie
Life is like a sandwich...the older it gets the crustier it becomes!

Offline supratentorial

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 07:33:05 PM
I'm sorry to say (and no offense to anyone) that i don't like that at all, i don't think its at all pretty, i might infact call it ugly. But each to their own and if you like it then good for you!
Roadie

No offense taken...by me atleast.  Although I appreciate the history, this sort of embellishment of tools is not my style.

I especially don't like when the embellishment of a tool interferes with its utility.  It looks as if the ruler was lost because of the flecked metal work.  And, are the stones glued onto the handles?  Aren't the stones likely to fall off if the tool were used as it was originally intended?

A while back I read a story in Field & Stream (if I recall correctly) about Kalashnikov.  He was awarded a custom knife to honor his most famous invention.  Identical knives were being sold at the award ceremony for large sums of money.  The knives were sealed in glass display cases.  When Kalashnikov was presented with his knife, he immediately opened the glass case and demonstrated his intention to use the knife.  Kalashnikov's point was (...well, according to the author of the article) that tools are meant to be used.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 07:39:36 PM by supratentorial »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 08:06:14 PM
The Yellowhorse Paratool would most definitely not make a very good "user."

Although, in my opinion, neither does any other version of the ParaTool.  :P

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 12:41:19 PM
Didn't David Yellowhorse do some other SOG tools as well?  It seems to me that I saw a PowerLock somewhere too, but then I may just be imagining things!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline zackhugh

Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 10:42:24 PM
I think Lonediver told me that he did an Al Mar 4 x 4.  Can anyone confirm?

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 12:32:32 AM
Hmmm, I'm pretty certain that the gaudy ParaTool was the only Yellowhorse multitool.

I think the Al Mar referred to is this special Bob Valade engraved model. (center)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 12:44:54 AM
I tried checking his site at www.yellowhorseltd.com but it doesn't seem to be working.  I have checked a few other sites that sell his stuff, but there doesn't seem to be any mention of any other tools listed or shown.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline zackhugh

Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 12:53:20 AM
Hmmm, I'm pretty certain that the gaudy ParaTool was the only Yellowhorse multitool.

I think the Al Mar referred to is this special Bob Valade engraved model. (center)

:oops: Sorry, I misspoke.  I knew there was a special one of those out there though.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 01:03:34 AM
You are lucky- if this was SOSAK we'd be dusting off the Punishment Chicken for a faux pas like that!  ;D

I'd like to see some more aftermarket doodling on some tools.  Much like SAKs used to be, multitools seem to be beneath the notice of customizers.  Maybe I'll have to send my old pal Oupa a message and see if he can come up with some kind of interesting customization for a tool.

Def

Offline supratentorial

Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 03:07:26 AM
I think the Al Mar referred to is this special Bob Valade engraved model.

Valade also did engraving on their knives.  Here's a photo of a nicely engraved Al Mar Hawk:

Offline supratentorial

Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 01:11:25 PM
There's a Yellowhorse Paratool on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170142375249&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

I'm not affiliated with the seller in any way.

Bidding ended at $153.50.  Not too shabby eventhough there were only two bidders.

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 02:07:14 AM
I'm not big on all that fancy-shmancy stuff on a multi-tool either. 
HOWEVER, some cool engraving rocks.  I would LOVE to have some cool stuff or images engraved onto my Wave.  It doesn;t get in the way, doeasn;t affect the tools use, and looks cool.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 02:12:36 AM
I'm not big on all that fancy-shmancy stuff on a multi-tool either. 
HOWEVER, some cool engraving rocks.  I would LOVE to have some cool stuff or images engraved onto my Wave.  It doesn;t get in the way, doeasn;t affect the tools use, and looks cool.

That sorta reminds me of the fancy tools NeitherExtreme showed us from his visit to the Leatherman factory store.

Link: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,1773.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%