Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber Suspension at Bass Pro Shops...

665ae · 15 · 4026

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Gerber Suspension at Bass Pro Shops...
on: August 27, 2007, 03:57:29 AM
Bass Pro Shops has the Gerber Suspension on sale for $19.99 as part of their Labor Day promotion.  This is an in store sale only (I checked the website and the sale price isn't listed)

If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Re: Gerber Suspension at Bass Pro Shops...
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 04:08:38 AM
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 04:17:57 AM
$19.99 is more in-line with what the Suspension is worth, IMO.

Looks like maybe they only have one left?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 04:30:26 AM
Yeah, there was only one left when I was there... I resisted buying it (just barely :) )

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 04:52:35 AM
You went to Bass Pro Shops, and you DIDN'T buy a multitool?! What the....?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 05:39:28 AM
Yeah... I was pretty depressed for the rest of the day because of it... I should know better than to resist the urge to buy a new multitool!

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 07:23:57 AM
Bass Pro Shops has the Gerber Suspension on sale for $19.99 as part of their Labor Day promotion.  This is an in store sale only (I checked the website and the sale price isn't listed)

Great find there, 665ae.

I love my little Gerber Suspension that I got for $30 at Lowes.  I use it nearly every day while working around the house and outside in the yard.  Suspension is a great little user multitool.  Suspension is a decent value for 30 bucks, and is an excellent value at 20 bucks.

That pic reminds me of why I try to stay away from the local Bass Pro, Cabelas, and REI stores.  The temptation to buy stuff is almost too great to resist when I can actually pick the stuff up and handle it.  Not just multis and knives - flashlights, headlamps, packs, ultralight tarps, tents, stoves, sleeping bags, etc. etc. etc.  I'm better off ordering stuff online where it's easier to exercise a little restraint.

Going into the local Lowes or WalMart is bad enough.  While picking up stuff actually needed for the house and yard, I'm constantly tempted to buy multis, knives, flashlights, and various other tools that I don't need.

N

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 04:43:16 AM
My uncle works there, so he just buys it and I pay him back, because he gets a 15% discount (40% on BP owned brands). :grin:
[

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 05:40:24 AM
My uncle works there, so he just buys it and I pay him back, because he gets a 15% discount (40% on BP owned brands). :grin:
              Do you think your uncle would like to adopt a 50 yr old nephew? :multi:
I

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 09:27:42 AM
              Do you think your uncle would like to adopt a 50 yr old nephew? :multi:
And while he's at it, a 31 year old nephew too :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 10:39:39 PM

You lucky b*st*rd!

If I had that sort of discount available at Bass Pro, then I'd end up spending a lot more cash on a lot more stuff that I don't actually need.

Bass Pro brick and mortar stores have an amazing selection of nearly irresistible stuff.  If I am foolish enough to actually enter a Bass Pro store, my resolve weakens and "Resistance is futile!"

N

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 10:44:04 PM

You lucky b*st*rd!

If I had that sort of discount available at Bass Pro, then I'd end up spending a lot more cash on a lot more stuff that I don't actually need.

Bass Pro brick and mortar stores have an amazing selection of nearly irresistible stuff.  If I am foolish enough to actually enter a Bass Pro store, my resolve weakens and "Resistance is futile!"

Your cultural and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own

sorry sad trekkie moment ;)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 08:47:59 AM
 I used my last trip to his house as an opportunity to get an awesome sharpening kit (with a free Buck knife, no less), and an X-Tract that came with another small Buck knife with a bottle-opener. That was a big Buck-weekend.

I ended up making the X-Tract the sharpest knife I've ever had, and giving the small knife that came with it to my uncle, because I had one back at home anyway.

It was awesome, they had around 15 Leatherman and Gerber tools attached to a table by cables by their lanyard rings. I got to look at a Legend up close finally, but the tools had obviously been examined before, and all were in fairly bad condition. Other then that, it rocked.

There was even a proffesional sharpener who would sharpen your knife for a dollar, but I didn't have the time or a knife that needed a to be sharpened badly. I think I had my SwissChamp that day.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 08:53:10 AM by Viper »
[

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 07:13:18 AM
I used my last trip to his house as an opportunity to get an awesome sharpening kit (with a free Buck knife, no less), and an X-Tract that came with another small Buck knife with a bottle-opener. That was a big Buck-weekend.

I ended up making the X-Tract the sharpest knife I've ever had, and giving the small knife that came with it to my uncle, because I had one back at home anyway.

Congrats on the nice aquisitions, Viper.

Please inform MTO of your thoughts on the X-Tract after you've had a chance to try it out for a while.

I'm very interested in the Buck X-Tract for outdoor use.  If its pliers are decent, it could replace both my old Leatherman PST and the locking folder I carry while backpacking.  That could save me a several ounces of weight without a major loss of functionality.

N

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 07:40:46 AM
Well, just a quick one for now-

The Blade- Very easy to get sharp, but doesn't hold edge extremely well, only option is half-serrated.
Pliers- Not very strong, but good for light-medium duty tasks
Screwdrivers- Haven't tried yet, but look well made
Can-opener- Opens bottles good enough, and will open a can if neccesary, but small size makes it take longer then say, a Victorinox.
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD