Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

$260.99 Multi-Tool

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: $260.99 Multi-Tool
Reply #60 on: September 03, 2007, 08:12:27 PM
I doubt they'd be all that upset over a six year old article.  In fact, they'd probably appreciate that we are giving them what amounts to free publicity, and possible future sales.

Those kinds of things usually upset folks if their magazine is scanned and posted free, without their consent, every month, thereby keeping folks from having to pay for it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline supratentorial

Reply #61 on: September 06, 2007, 01:06:14 AM
As a pre- shoulder surgery pick-me-up I got an Almar Quick Clip and a 4x4 today.  The Quick Clip is identical to the one that sold for $260.99 on Ebay except that mine also has a fancy brown leather sheath.  The 4x4 lacks the red logo on all the blades (only has the engraved logo on the handle) and it is engraved PAT PEND on the handle.  I'm still researching the history of the Al Mar multi-tools. 

I'm thinking that I may actually put one of them to work.  Which one do you think I should use: 4x4 Valade engraved, 4x4, Quick Clip?   ...I'm thinking I'll probably choose between the 4x4 and the QuickClip since I wouldn't ever use the saw on the Valade engraved 4x4.  Plus its pretty enough to be a "shelf queen".  The QuickClip lacks drivers but drivers are always necessary, especially for some outdoorsy stuff where a pliers and knife might still be handy.  The one-hand opening main blade and the clip are bonuses.  And I could also complement the Quick Clip with a smaller Swiss army knife if I think I'll want drivers.

Offline zackhugh

Reply #62 on: September 06, 2007, 01:23:02 AM
I wouldn't use the Valade for the reason you stated.

What is the relative scaracity of the 4x4 vs. the Quickclip?  I'm thinking that if you use it enough and wear it out, maybe use the one that can be replaced more easily?  Just a thought.  They're pretty solid tools, but you never know...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 01:24:38 AM by zackhugh »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #63 on: September 06, 2007, 02:12:04 AM

I'm thinking that I may actually put one of them to work.  Which one do you think I should use: 4x4 Valade engraved, 4x4, Quick Clip?   

Given the choices you have available to EDC.............I'd recommend the SOG PowerLock.   :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline zackhugh

Reply #64 on: September 06, 2007, 09:23:44 PM
Given the choices you have available to EDC.............I'd recommend the SOG PowerLock.   :)

Actually, an even better idea.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD