Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cross a ST300 with a Surge

ca Offline patrickgt

Cross a ST300 with a Surge
on: July 22, 2010, 06:29:56 PM
Ok, don't go doing this thinking i CAN buy this cuz im broke right now but here is something that would be truly awesome : take a surge, take off the scissors and balde exchanger, then take the ST300 and take out the file and the saw and switch them. Now the hard part is to come because the locking mechanism arent the same because the surge locks outside tools diffenretly than the ST300..... Think it could be done?
I wish Chako listed all his MTs as a signature

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Cross a ST300 with a Surge
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:45:19 PM
i would like to see a scaled down version of the st300's pliers on a wave  :D

paul

us Offline evil510

• Envision. Create. Innovate.
Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 08:12:57 PM
Ok, don't go doing this thinking i CAN buy this cuz im broke right now but here is something that would be truly awesome : take a surge, take off the scissors and balde exchanger, then take the ST300 and take out the file and the saw and switch them. Now the hard part is to come because the locking mechanism arent the same because the surge locks outside tools diffenretly than the ST300..... Think it could be done?
I've already looked into this and the answer is YES, I know it can be done. The only drawback is the contact area for the liner lock would be reduced to about 75%. For me, I actually like the blade exchanger and have plans for the slot where the standard scissors go. If you look through this section at the mods I've done to my Wave, you'll get the idea. I originally had plans to do just what you described so that my Surge would match my Wave, only on a larger scale, but then I started making changes to my Wave. If I ever happen across another Surge, perhaps I'll make another version. Until then, the brand new ST300 I got so I could do the plier head swap, is all in pieces awaiting various mods, swaps, transplants. Heck if the price is right, maybe I'll even mod the file and saw for a Surge and sell them off  ;)

~ evil ~
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:40:03 PM by evil510 »
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Evil's Urban Trekker (on hold)
Shear Evil (on hold)
The Evil Incarnate (a work in progress)

UPDATES:
Evil's Quad Strop Mini introduced.....
Evil's Pocket Octo-Driver introduced.....
Brute Driver HD - COMPLETE

LATEST NEWS:

ca Offline patrickgt

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 12:09:23 AM
thanks for the answers evil and BTW your mods are AWESOME they are pretty cool, i would present them to leatherman maybe they would give you a job cuz your stuff looks good man :)
I wish Chako listed all his MTs as a signature

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD