Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A little different 1/4" Driver

ca Offline Charger

• Mr. Crunch!
A little different 1/4" Driver
on: July 24, 2010, 12:46:33 AM
Well I have been meaning to get the LM bit extender, so while I wait I play around with other options.
At home depot yesterday I found something called a 6 in 1 driver.  It looked like a double opening quarter inch bit holder.  I figured it might be  something to try so I bought it.

First thing I did was slip it over the LM quarter inch bit, but it was very wobbly  >:(.  I suppose some JB could solve that, however....

I couldnt help notice that my Shiny New Wave has a 1/4" flathead driver on it.  Due to the thickness of the screwdriver, the tube did not fit over it.  So I put it into a bench vise and squeezed it until it tightly slid over the driver until it hits the stopper for the double ended bits.  

Very little motion at all, almost none.  I'm thinking of JB'ing it yet as well.  Anyways long story short, the bit holder is for double ended bits, making it very nice for LM's bits.  It holds them a bit deeper than the LM bitholder on the wave, so there is not much wiggle.  All in all I am pleased with the result.  Of course, the flathead is thinner than the bitholder is, so arguably not as strong.  I guess we will find out!

us Offline SlackOne

• See Saw Seen
Re: A little different 1/4" Driver
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 02:38:31 AM
I like it...that's outside-box-thinking :)  That, and I'm not sure if the flathead would be weaker or not.  The Wave's bit driver has a seam that runs down the middle of it.  I've always been worried that a goodly amount of torque might cause it to split open anyways.  The flathead's not that complex...it's just a flathead :)
Half-ass done wholeheartedly!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD