Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

Spirit owners club 163942

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,614
Re: Spirit owners club
« Reply #1980 on: September 23, 2018, 09:19:07 PM »
Ok.
Then my only concern at the moment is the hook.

I doubt it's there for no other reason than being a hook.
I think it's a stopper, formed like a hook to add function where there wouldn't be any otherwise.

Buy now or regret later
Newbie Posts: 20
« Reply #1981 on: September 23, 2018, 10:31:15 PM »
I am really glad I asked. I hadn't considered that it might keep the tool in a specific place. On investigation it is necessary. So the question to becomes..how can I modify the hook to make it useful. Having it with a tool that can cut the cord you are carrying is terrible. Cord cutter maybe?

On a separate note, modifying the stops on each tool needs to be done extremely carefully. All I will do is change the angle of the indentation rather than changing the height. part of the shape of the back is designed to pull the tool back into place...Honestly I might do this very very carefully, starting with the Phillips driver (the one that is giving me the most trouble).

Cheers,
H.G.

Newbie Posts: 6
« Reply #1982 on: September 24, 2018, 04:48:53 PM »
Vic´s for the job!  :tu:

IMG_20180924_155343727b by Jani Fofonoff, on Flickr
Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,739
« Reply #1983 on: Today at 04:08:15 AM »
Don’t know if anyone noticed this, there is a lanyard attachement point on both the Swisstool and the Spirit...

Never tried it out myself as I don’t use one on almost all my user MTs... as it’s close to the handle pivots, might even get in the way during use... maybe depends on type of lanyard or system used...
No Life Club Posts: 2,561 <><
« Reply #1984 on: Today at 04:11:10 AM »
Don’t know if anyone noticed this, there is a lanyard attachement point on both the Swisstool and the Spirit...

(Image removed from quote.)

Never tried it out myself as I don’t use one on almost all my user MTs... as it’s close to the handle pivots, might even get in the way during use... maybe depends on type of lanyard or system used...

I thought the lanyard attachment was the slots just below your circles (also used for the corkscrew attachment)  :think:

If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?
Spirit owners club
« Reply #1985 on: Today at 04:21:03 AM »
Well, since there’s a cs coupling on either side, one can be used as lanyard attachement too... Just probably will get in the way of outside tool openings :cheers:
« Last Edit: Today at 04:30:05 AM by jaya_man »
« Reply #1986 on: Today at 04:35:36 AM »
The manual didn’t show clearly where exactly the lanyard attachment point is... Maybe it could also be this...

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 13,138 Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
« Reply #1987 on: Today at 03:13:06 PM »

I thought the lanyard attachment was the slots just below your circles (also used for the corkscrew attachment)  :think:

on the rare occasions I've added a lanyard to my Spirit, it's been through those holes  :think: :tu:. Small think ones like this one on the Squirt  :)

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
September Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: $59.00
PayPal Fees: $4.08
Net Balance: $54.92
Below Goal: $220.08
Site Currency: USD
20% 
September Donations

Community Links