Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

See-through Sunday

us Offline AzteCypher

Re: See-through Sunday
Reply #60 on: May 13, 2024, 04:26:46 AM
I don't dare get a Caffeineometer.  I don't think I truly want to know how much is in my coffee.   :rofl:

Here's a Tinker I cleaned up, oiled, sharpened, and re-scaled for my BIL's Christmas present last year.

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surprise Box GAW!
🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: May 13, 2024, 01:49:07 PM
    I see there were some nice posts made after I signed off yesterday.  Blue seems to be one of the more popular colors.  No big deal about the pie, Tuisto.  We made do with the simulated chocolate covered cookies. 
    I have been waiting for some mail to get here.  Seems like it is taking a long time in transit from Greenville, SC.  I asked why.  It seems the little girl that takes packages from Greenville to Asheville, NC had her bicycle stolen.  She is using her backup skateboard until the post office can buy her a new one.  There was a rumor her new bicycle requirement was the reason for postal rates going up. 
     Okay, it was me who started the rumor.  I pretty well got caught up with mowing.  The Cub cranked a little slowly last time I used it.  Might be battery time.  I plugged it in the charger yestiddy.  We will see.  Best wishes.  G
 :D

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #62 on: May 13, 2024, 11:49:26 PM
What other see-through colours did Victorinox make (on non-58mm models; I know there are like a billion and a half colours on the Classic)? I know there's green, red, blue, light blue (it's funny, in Russian there are two different words for blue -- goluboj for 'light blue' and sinij for 'blue', but I digress), light green and orange (with the kitchen knife set), and then the clear one. What am I missing?

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #63 on: May 13, 2024, 11:54:43 PM
I think you have them all.  I can't think of another color Victorinox-wise.
Barry

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #64 on: May 14, 2024, 12:01:28 AM
Wait, was there not also a gold 'silvertech' thing? I realise it sound like an oxymoron but I'm pretty sure that's what they called it.

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: May 14, 2024, 12:26:46 AM
  There was a gold see-through in 91mm.  Like the light green and orange it was a limited deal.  In case any of you were wondering, the little mail carrier girl got a bicycle.  The high mucka-mucks decided to go to a local flea market in SC and buy a bicycle.  They found a pretty good one and decided it was much easier to just purchase (for 25 bucks) used than go through all the red tape and paper work telling how the old one got lost. 
   Anyway they took the bike to the girl and she said, "Wowsers, where did you find my old bike?"  Indeed they had accidentally bought the same bicycle that had been spirited away.  Only now it had the hand brake fixed and a new chain.  According to what I heard, the girl plans to ride the bike a few more weeks then leave it outside to be stolen again.  That way the thief can put some new tires on it next time.  Best wishes.  G

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #66 on: May 14, 2024, 03:36:17 AM
I just remembered the Rio Gold Climber.  It was a see thru if I remember correctly. 

Edit: It is indeed!

* 1000004640-01.jpg (Filesize: 125.05 KB)
Barry

us Online Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #67 on: May 14, 2024, 04:57:28 AM
I believe if y'awl haven't compiled an all-encompassing list of translucent scale colors, it's awfully close.
USN 2000-2006

Culling of the knife and multi herds in progress...

If I pay five figures for something, it better have wings or a foundation!

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: Today at 12:29:29 AM
   Following tradition, I think I will start See-through Sunday a little early so our eastern friends can take part if they wish.  Red Tinker with a Buckthorn.  They are pretty when they have red berries later on.  The plant not the SAK.  Best wishes.  G
 ::)
PXL_20240518_192143466 (1).jpg
* PXL_20240518_192143466 (1).jpg (Filesize: 135.83 KB)

us Offline Enginears

Reply #69 on: Today at 01:52:13 AM
Nice pic G! I will jump in early as well, and offer a link to the past re: all the colors
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=48695.0

IMG_7083-compressed.jpg
* IMG_7083-compressed.jpg (Filesize: 352.2 KB)

Ps - Light Sapphire  :drool:

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #70 on: Today at 02:12:35 AM
  Thanks for the nice photo (and the link).  I think the level of transparency we have on this thread is simply touching.  Now Tuisto knows that his pale blue is called Light Sapphire.  I think I have a certain fondness for the SilverTech.  I'm not sure why.  Best wishes.  G
 :like:

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #71 on: Today at 03:28:16 AM
That's a very nice one Mr. G, is it an 84mm or do my eyes deceive me?

us Online Farmer X

Reply #72 on: Today at 03:49:20 AM
Nice photos, gents! :like: And are those emerald scales on a Hiker?
USN 2000-2006

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #73 on: Today at 03:56:53 AM
   Answering Tuisto's query.  It is a 91mm Tinker.  I am a little surprised that nobody has dug out an 85mm translucent Wenger.  So far.  The Highlander came in some interesting colors. 
    I think I have a love/hate thing going on with Wenger.  I used to dislike the printed graphics on Wenger (and Vic).  Then I warmed up to them.  Same thing with the see-throughs. 
     The first other than red cellidor SAK I ever had was a black Tinker.  I still have it.  It was bought in Switzerland and the black was not common here at the time.  I liked the black from the start. 
Best wishes.  G
 :salute:

us Online Farmer X

Reply #74 on: Today at 04:03:03 AM
I don't own a translucent 85mm Wenger...yet. Part of that is due to my being pretty selective. Wenger scales are both somewhat susceptible to damage and hard to find. But rest assured, if I find a good one, it'll be seen here.
USN 2000-2006

us Offline Tuisto

Reply #75 on: Today at 04:33:14 AM
I've got a beautiful light blue transparent Wenger but I can't remember what I did with it. It's either at my dad's place in California or with my cousin in Vancouver. I'll see if I can track it down.

us Offline Enginears

Reply #76 on: Today at 05:12:02 AM
Mine is a mod that is a compact variant with a phillips on the back and 93mm awl in place of the combo.

I've got a beautiful light blue transparent Wenger but I can't remember what I did with it. It's either at my dad's place in California or with my cousin in Vancouver. I'll see if I can track it down.

Hope it turns up, I’d like to see it.

au Offline Echotech

Reply #77 on: Today at 05:42:47 AM

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #78 on: Today at 12:30:15 PM
   Wow!  Now that's what I call a mod, Echo.  A combination SAK and Big Ben alarm clock!  How creative.  Does it keep good time? 
    Wait.  Oh, I just saw the next picture.  You just sort of stacked.... Yeah. I see now.  Well, thanks for joining in today anyway. 
     All night drizzle here.  I was debating whether it was worthwhile to get out of bed this morning, or not.  Now I am wondering about breakfast.  To eat, or not to eat.  Maybe I could smear myself with jelly and lie out in the rain?  Wait for something to come along and be eaten instead?  Might be easier to heat up some biscuits and stay inside.  Let's see,,,, got to take them out of the freezer.... turn on the range.... put them in.  I can do this.  Sounds like a lot of work. Maybe later. 
Best wishes.  G

au Offline Echotech

Reply #79 on: Today at 12:50:36 PM
 :D :like: :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31