Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What's your latest SAK?

edap617 · 37499 · 2532364

Offline G_D

Re: What's your latest SAK?
Reply #25260 on: November 20, 2017, 10:39:32 PM
Very nice SAKs, great finds  :tu: :tu:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25261 on: November 20, 2017, 11:23:37 PM
After Wenger with cows, I bought a Victorinox with an entire farm 😁

Cool knife Mini!   :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #25262 on: November 20, 2017, 11:35:41 PM
My Wounded Warrior Champ. Lord love a duck those wood scales are great. :climber: :cheers: :drink: :like:
photostudio_1511217168595.jpg
* photostudio_1511217168595.jpg (Filesize: 183.7 KB)
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #25263 on: November 21, 2017, 08:13:44 PM
Mail call :mail:

Thank you "toolbox" :cheers:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25264 on: November 21, 2017, 08:37:07 PM

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #25265 on: November 21, 2017, 09:10:52 PM
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #25266 on: November 21, 2017, 09:38:21 PM
Mail call brought a Grand Canyon Climber today. And then I went to my local Ace Hardware where they had 20% off everything, including this Spirit X.
spirit-x-grand-canyon-climber.jpg
* spirit-x-grand-canyon-climber.jpg (Filesize: 265.09 KB)

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #25268 on: November 21, 2017, 09:51:54 PM
Mail call brought a Grand Canyon Climber today. And then I went to my local Ace Hardware where they had 20% off everything, including this Spirit X.
:like:

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #25269 on: November 21, 2017, 09:53:31 PM
My Wounded Warrior Champ. Lord love a duck those wood scales are great. :climber: :cheers: :drink: :like:
:tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #25270 on: November 22, 2017, 11:46:57 AM
this shiny one is my latest.
Was labeled as "Victorinox Classic Silver" and I asked if he really wanted $18 for it, and if we were speaking  of this particular SAK. The seller must've thought that it was the Classic Silver as it was a full, blatant silver color so he told me that yes, it was that and it cost $18.

I'm not a smoker of any kind but it sure looks sexy, clean and nice. I couldn't resist!
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #25271 on: November 22, 2017, 10:45:01 PM
Was labeled as "Victorinox Classic Silver" and I asked if he really wanted $18 for it, and if we were speaking  of this particular SAK. The seller must've thought that it was the Classic Silver as it was a full, blatant silver color so he told me that yes, it was that and it cost $18.

I'm not a smoker of any kind but it sure looks sexy, clean and nice. I couldn't resist!

Wow nice catch!

Found these Wenger in my mailbox these last few of days...

A "Tool Chest Plus" and two "Matterhorn Plus", one of which was apparently recently at the Vic Spa as it came with a bag of spare parts, including the old compass. They actually added a 3rd spring layer behind the compass to accomodate for the new compass type, as evident on the 2nd pic which compares the thicknesses of all 3 knifes.

If one is to carry such a thick and heavy knife, might as well take the thickest one to have these nice pliers.

An old Viking (I guess... always tough to identify these ancesters). 1953 "Customer Christmas". Gotta love these old crests!

Swiss Army Soldier's Knife stamped 05

Also a few Swiss Watchmaker-themed Victorinox

And a few more alox-scaled and steel-scaled Victorinox oldies

Also got these but I'm not sure they fit here  :think: Is there any love for Solingen-made SAK-style knives around here?

pt Offline RamoN

Reply #25272 on: November 23, 2017, 12:01:15 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

you got a great bargain there  :tu: thats a model i liked a lot too because its a very compact cigar cutter but always found it too expensive, also ive seen the punch tool in use and it works great, so if you are ever with a cigar smoker you can show off with confidence  :D

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #25273 on: November 23, 2017, 12:22:37 AM
Syem nice knives  :drool:
I wasn't aware Vic will service old Wengers  :tu: you know if they re scale them also?
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #25274 on: November 23, 2017, 09:02:58 AM
Syem nice knives  :drool:
I wasn't aware Vic will service old Wengers  :tu: you know if they re scale them also?
They actually do, yes. The guy who sold it to me said they did that for free too... I was quite surprised to see brand new scales on the one in the middle on the 2 first pictures. If you open these pictures in full size you can see the plastic cover on both sides. They also changed some inner separating plates and the wood saw so they either still have old Wenger stocks or they still produce small quantities of spare parts.

Reply #25275 on: November 23, 2017, 09:39:16 AM

A "Tool Chest Plus" and two "Matterhorn Plus", one of which was apparently recently at the Vic Spa as it came with a bag of spare parts, including the old compass. They actually added a 3rd spring layer behind the compass to accomodate for the new compass type, as evident on the 2nd pic which compares the thicknesses of all 3 knifes.

That's really nice of them. Maybe I should send them my Matterhorn Plus as well  :D

^-- where the cat sits

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #25276 on: November 23, 2017, 10:14:30 AM
That's really nice of them. Maybe I should send them my Matterhorn Plus as well  :D

The new front scale has the printed Wenger crest instead of the metallic-sticker-type that the one they removed had. If you have the old compass and want to keep it you should mention it to them before sending it in, I think they otherwise swap it by default. The new wood saw is also different, this is the old one, the new one has tighter teeth which start closer to the knife and end closer to the tip. I'll take some pictures when I get home tonight. I guess it would be good to add the comparison on the wiki.

That's one thing I always struggle with when sending in older knives to the spa; Weighing in the "making it brand new" against the "losing the old parts" (even though you can ask for them back). It denatures the old knife, potentially making it lose value in the process but also losing its "this knife is 60 years old" status...
What do you think? How do you handle this question?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 10:15:50 AM by Syem »

Reply #25277 on: November 23, 2017, 10:51:06 AM

The new front scale has the printed Wenger crest instead of the metallic-sticker-type that the one they removed had. If you have the old compass and want to keep it you should mention it to them before sending it in, I think they otherwise swap it by default. The new wood saw is also different, this is the old one, the new one has tighter teeth which start closer to the knife and end closer to the tip. I'll take some pictures when I get home tonight. I guess it would be good to add the comparison on the wiki.

That's one thing I always struggle with when sending in older knives to the spa; Weighing in the "making it brand new" against the "losing the old parts" (even though you can ask for them back). It denatures the old knife, potentially making it lose value in the process but also losing its "this knife is 60 years old" status...
What do you think? How do you handle this question?

Though question. I wouldn't want them to swap the old style (metallic) logo. I do have the old compass, but it has a lot of dents on the back which cause it to not work. The phillips screwdriver is chipped and doesn't work anymore, I would love to have the screwdriver replaced with a new one.

^-- where the cat sits

gr Offline Sakpan74Gr

Reply #25278 on: November 23, 2017, 10:56:37 AM
A Wenger 511 evolution.
Have a look:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=74667.0

Στάλθηκε από το HUAWEI VNS-L31 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #25279 on: November 23, 2017, 11:17:09 AM
Though question. I wouldn't want them to swap the old style (metallic) logo. I do have the old compass, but it has a lot of dents on the back which cause it to not work. The phillips screwdriver is chipped and doesn't work anymore, I would love to have the screwdriver replaced with a new one.

My local Vic store always does the maintenance request with me so I can explain what I want done... usually it's "full revision" but I did send some with the mention "don't touch the scales" or "send back the old *whatever* ".
If you want to change the compass for the new one keep in mind it will make your knife about 1 "layer" thicker. That old compass is not very smooth to use. The new one works a bit better and you can easily spin the compass in its socket but the "empty" plastic support/arm/ruler feels a lot flimsier.

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #25280 on: November 23, 2017, 11:18:37 AM
Also got these but I'm not sure they fit here  :think: Is there any love for Solingen-made SAK-style knives around here?

So, anyone? No love for Solingen knives?

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25281 on: November 23, 2017, 12:39:03 PM

No love is a hard word...  2 words...

It's just that I keep it in 1 direction.
SAKs only.
If I have to start with German knives too, it'll just turn into a crazy buying frenzy (they're alot easier to find here compared to SAKs) and I'd be sitting on a pile of steel.

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Reply #25282 on: November 23, 2017, 04:55:29 PM
Today's loot  :whistle:
Oh wow, that’s that wallet?
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #25283 on: November 23, 2017, 09:55:22 PM
Today's batch...

I keep telling myself "quality, not quantity" but Victorinox is always quality! I just love the steel-scaled and the oldie but looking at the that stylized "h" upside down makes me think that would've made a good Fantastic 4 logo  :whistle:

(I'm trying to fight my OCD by purposefully not fixing the alignment and letting go, sorry :D)

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25284 on: November 23, 2017, 10:56:07 PM
Another RT... and it is official, I have bought every single RT that particular shop has ordered from Victorinox, back when they were available.
rt.jpg
* rt.jpg (Filesize: 119.58 KB)
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline twiliter

• motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #25285 on: November 23, 2017, 11:13:42 PM
Wow E Man, that is outstanding!   :drool:  :cheers:

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #25286 on: November 24, 2017, 03:53:44 AM

I have a handful of Henckels and Bokers, but try and stay focused on SAKs. That's hard enough on the wallet.

IMG_7190.JPG
* IMG_7190.JPG (Filesize: 32.31 KB)
IMG_7600.JPG
* IMG_7600.JPG (Filesize: 56.48 KB)

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #25287 on: November 24, 2017, 05:27:06 PM
I have a handful of Henckels and Bokers, but try and stay focused on SAKs. That's hard enough on the wallet.

The lady says I'm already too focused on SAKs. I've been getting them by the dozen every week for the past few months... She's getting depressed every time she picks up the mail.  :whistle:

An unexpected new member of my collection; a colleague gave me this gorgeous little Spartan

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #25288 on: November 27, 2017, 03:18:05 PM
Gorgeous indeed! :tu: :like:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #25289 on: November 28, 2017, 12:50:34 PM
Grand Prix Small...

Actually had this for a while. Got it in a trade with a friend. The scissors backspring was broke in half. Had to wait look for a donor in order to fix it...The phillips even has a can key...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD