Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Alox getting scarce?

tim · 6 · 1665

Offline tim

Alox getting scarce?
on: August 04, 2010, 10:53:36 PM
Searching for a Pioneer Harvester in my local Victorinox store recently, I was told that many alox models are now discontinued.  I could order a Harvester, but the Solider, the Apprentice, and a number of others were not available at all.

I hope this is a sign that the range is soon to be revised, and not simply the end of the road for the Pioneer knives.

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Re: Alox getting scarce?
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 10:57:19 PM
swissarmy.com just recently added the red and black Pioneers, so I don't think they are discontinued.
- Steve

Offline tim

Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 10:49:41 PM
That's good news, though I can't reach the North American Victorinox website from here.

Meanwhile in Switzerland(!) I couldn't get a Harvester from the Victorinox store, and had to rummage through the souvenir shops.  :-\

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 10:55:11 PM
That's good news, though I can't reach the North American Victorinox website from here.

Meanwhile in Switzerland(!) I couldn't get a Harvester from the Victorinox store, and had to rummage through the souvenir shops.  :-\

That's just not right!  :ahhh

za Offline meanx

Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 12:16:03 PM
In SA its the same we only get the Pioneer, Soldier,Farmer and Solo in 93mm, I've never seen a Harvester,Electrician,Pruner etc in any shop around here,nor on local sites  >:(  always wondered why. 
Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time

Offline tim

Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 01:02:25 AM
swissarmy.com just recently added the red and black Pioneers, so I don't think they are discontinued.

Anybody know if these will be available in Europe?  Or even Switzerland?  The Euroland Victorinox website and catalogue is pretty out of synch with what's actually obtainable.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%