Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Generic credit card shaped freebie

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Generic credit card shaped freebie
on: August 24, 2010, 03:49:55 PM
Got this as a free gift with a $4 fake gerber. Pretty well equipped and solid considering the (lack of a) price! Had a small pleather sheath thing to put it in, which is nice because it has some sharp parts.

The most intriguing part is the saw; it has a small saw on one end that is surprisingly sharp. I'd rather have my wave's saw as this won't cut anything thick, but still it's a nice thing to have. It also has a bottle opener, can opener, various wrench sizes and some round hole that I don't quite understand the purpose of. One side has a ruler, and another side has a semi-sharp chisel blade - maybe it's meant as a fire stroker or something. One corner is also a flatthead screwdriver

« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:54:51 PM by Cptnodegard »

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Re: Generic credit card shaped freebie
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 04:06:54 PM
Some over 2$ for couple of those on DX! Just waiting for them to come.... Round hole is ment to double for compass...  :-\ Oh, and for butterfly wrenches i suppose (?!?)  ???

:salute:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 04:08:37 PM
I am told the hole accepts a little button compass

I don't know anyone who would actually pay for one  :oops:

:D
Everything’s adjustable

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 06:48:07 PM
I bought a pair of these from the Farrest East when buying something else :D  Worked out at about £1 for both  :tu:

It makes me sad when I see them sold here for around £5 each  :( >:(  For the price it is solid and reasonably handy as a pry bay, screwdriver, can opener, box opener and few other things. I wouldn't want to put my life on it but handy to keep in the car  :tu:

Before you ask what Direction Ancillary Indication is here's a handy descprition :D

While it may seem implausible, you can actually create a compass by rubbing wire,paperclip or a pin through
your hair, despite the fact that your hair is not magnetic and the normal magnetizing procedure involves
rubbing metal against a magnet. To use you need to place the tool on a flat surface on the plastic sleeve
that it comes with. Place a couple drops of water in the Orientation Direction Indicator to make level with the
surface of the tool. Place the magnetized hair-rubbed wire slowly on the water or on a small leaf if it wont
float on the waters surface tension. It should slowly align north/south.

Probably best to buy a compass though  :ahhh

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 06:57:01 AM
I am told the hole accepts a little button compass

I don't know anyone who would actually pay for one  :oops:

....but for two....   ::)

:D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

us Offline x86Daddy

Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 08:41:35 PM
For anyone wanting one, these appear on Meritline.com as a daily deal for under $1 shipped every few weeks.  You can hit their Daily Deals page, or sign up for the daily email to catch it.

I keep one in my wallet.  Unfortunately, due to its unobtrusive nature, I completely forget I have it, and the rare circumstance where I needed a bottle opener and didn't have my PowerLock, I completely forgot I had this on me, so I made a needless trip to my car. 

I've used it zero times, and I've had it at least six months.  Seems very sturdy and worth the price, but I'm rarely without my PowerLock, so I've yet to use it.  As an EDC that needs no attention or space, it's good backup if you remember you have it.  :)

Offline 65bellett

Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 10:32:16 PM
I bought one of those from DX. I have had it in my wallet for about 6 months and not used it.

How do you think you would go getting one of those on an Airplane??? I dont want to but I am sure I wont remember to take it out the next time I fly.

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 10:54:21 PM
I won't be using this at all (he said, 1 hour after he used the ruler part of it to measure a pivot). Well, not for EDC anyways, will just keep it around. Why? I have a SwissCard Lite on the way, which seems like a much better tool to keep in my wallet

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%