Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My SAK collection arrived today from Korea...

us Offline bren10man

My SAK collection arrived today from Korea...
on: August 25, 2010, 12:57:55 AM
...and it is missing one: Traveller Light.

I personally packed and all were accounted for.  

I watched them wrap it and it go away.

When I finally find them, they are in a box marked "MISC" for miscellaneous.   I open the box, why is the Rubbermaid container not wrapped????
I inspect, and find the Traveller Light gift box EMPTY when it contained the SAK when I packed it.

This knife is rare and not typically sold in the USA.  If anyone can help me out, I would be most appreciative.

Sad thing is: at the last minute while packing, I contemplated taking it with me.  Now, stolen.  B[censored]s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I HATE  :twak: THIEVES!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:59:31 AM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

Offline sappyg

Re: My SAK collection arrived today from Korea...
Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 01:11:12 AM
sorry for your loss.... did you contact the moving company?
i

us Offline bren10man

Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 02:08:47 AM
sorry for your loss.... did you contact the moving company?

The moving company is a contracted carrier via...drumroll: Uncle Sam, the .gov  All I can do is file a claim and get my money back.  No replacement for loss.  Every move I have had by Uncle Sam contracted carriers results in items broken or stolen...I had a VCR clearly stolen between 2000 (packed date) to 2001 ( unpacked date).  The VCR box had no VCR, but it did have 2 hammers and some rags stuffed into it.

My guess it was stolen in Korea by the very packers themselves.  Reason: they sealed the crates all our stuff was in.  Crate security seal labels were intact upon arrival at our house.

I think it was taken over the other ones due to the fact it has electronics, the other knives do not.   Heck, if they REALLY knew what to do, they would have stolen instead the following unavailable and valuable:

- SOG automatic pocket knife

- SOG Rescue Knife (3" or longer fixed blade knives are banned in Korea)

- Camillus orange handled MC-1 paratrooper automatic knife

- 1884 to 1984; 1897-1997; and 1884-2009 anniversary sets (complete and NIB or NOS/NIB)

- Space Shuttle

- Red alox and brass liner First Mate

- Silver alox First Mate

- Analog Timekeeper

- Analog Super Timekeeper

- Swiss Flame

- Angler Deluxe

All the above and then some safely made it.  I personally opened each box to make sure.  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:17:17 AM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 02:35:39 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. :(

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 03:15:48 AM
What they opened up and took 1 knife... they did pick a nice model.... ...unbelievable really.  File a claim so they might investigate the people who worked on your shipment. If not now manyber after the 10th claim from different people.

So it was a Traveller Lite 4-layers. not the Expedition Lite?  You can get the Traveller Lite very easy from swissknivesexpress.com for $100... not cheap, but that is one wonderful combination especially if you want to use the electronic tools as well.

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 03:19:36 AM
Who would of thunk it , the Gummint giving the purple shaft to a serviceman ! Not only do they send ya to exotic places with strange sounding names , but their minions and agents get to steal your stuff .

Chris

us Offline bren10man

Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 03:50:41 AM
So it was a Traveller Lite 4-layers. not the Expedition Lite?  You can get the Traveller Lite very easy from swissknivesexpress.com for $100... not cheap, but that is one wonderful combination especially if you want to use the electronic tools as well.

This is the one the [censored] thief stole: Traveller Lite, 27 functions:

http://www.swiss-knife.com/asp/detail.asp?lan=EN&code=1.7905.AVT&shop=SK

Also, I know for sure now it was stolen:   the bubble the battery came in, I had it in the gift box for later use when the battery died and it would be a guide for battery replacement.  I had this and the bulk of my SAK collection in a camera bag.  The camera bag and several shoe boxes of SAKs were in a clear Rubbermaid container...my wife and I watched as the Korean packers wrapped it in paper.  Well, guess what:

1. the empty battery bubble was located in the bottom of the Rubbermaid container, not the gift box the knife came in...someone had to have done something for that to happen.
2. the Rubbermaid container, upon opening the box, was no longer wrapped in paper.....

Definately, this knife was stolen.    
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:55:27 AM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

us Offline bren10man

Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 03:57:45 AM
Who would of thunk it , the Gummint giving the purple shaft to a serviceman ! Not only do they send ya to exotic places with strange sounding names , but their minions and agents get to steal your stuff .

Chris

The above is one of 2 reasons why I do NOT allow the .gov to store or pack/ship/deliver my massive firearms collection.   That, and the fact the .gov would LOVE to ban and seize 1/2 or more of the firearms I own.   No way will I allow the .gov to store my guns and gun related stuff.   I am happy to report that after 3 years of storage paid at MY expense and at a location of MY chosing, all the items in the Department of MY Defense are safe and sound.    

Wished I could say that about my SAK collection.... :cry:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:59:51 AM by bren10man »
MOLON LABE!

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 04:19:16 AM
I'm truly sorry for your loss , and I share your opinion of theives !

I hope you run across a replacement .

Enjoy your private Dept. of Defence , sounds like a great lineup !

Chris

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 04:54:28 AM
So it was a Traveller Lite 4-layers. not the Expedition Lite?  You can get the Traveller Lite very easy from swissknivesexpress.com for $100... not cheap, but that is one wonderful combination especially if you want to use the electronic tools as well.

This is the one the [censored] thief stole: Traveller Lite, 27 functions:

http://www.swiss-knife.com/asp/detail.asp?lan=EN&code=1.7905.AVT&shop=SK

Well that is a crappy thing to have happen, it just makes one feel bad about everything.

swissknivesexpress can get that model to your door for $100 including shipping.  I'm making a fair number of deals right now, if you don't want to spring for the C-note I'll keep in mind you're looking for this one.  I also believe I may have seen one on ebay a short time ago in the $80 range.

You'll have to let this crummy thing roll off your back and say... well I'm happy to be home.  ...and we're happy to have you back.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%