Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Future M.T.O watch projects,

Zed · 43 · 4748

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Re: Future M.T.O watch projects,
Reply #30 on: August 31, 2010, 03:12:09 PM
Pip=equals the little glowdot on the bezel at the 12:00 position.  The one in the pics doesn't have one...ours will.

NATO=North Atlantic Treaty Organization, but it also refers to the style of strap the watch will have.  NATO straps are nylon webbing mainly and give the watch a more military look.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: August 31, 2010, 03:15:40 PM
Pip=equals the little glowdot on the bezel at the 12:00 position.  The one in the pics doesn't have one...ours will.

NATO=North Atlantic Treaty Organization, but it also refers to the style of strap the watch will have.  NATO straps are nylon webbing mainly and give the watch a more military look.

:D  cheers zack, i must take of my watch talk head  ;)

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: August 31, 2010, 03:16:56 PM

Hey I learned from the best.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: August 31, 2010, 03:33:16 PM

Hey I learned from the best.

sounds like a top bloke  :D

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: September 04, 2010, 06:21:23 PM
I missed these other two, don't scan the non swiss forums much.

I really like the no date option, makes it easy to set and go if it is not your primary watch.  I would have been tempted on this one, but probably would had to say out just too many watches recently and too many SAKs.

My Z1 is pulling duty today, been on the wrist since I open'd the package.  Only took it off for various sizing tasks. 

us Offline markn951

• I'm actually Canadian
Reply #35 on: September 05, 2010, 03:04:29 AM
God help me, but put me down for number 5!!
D'oh!! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

I was reading page 1, and when i got to the end and saw that there was only one spot left i was thinking "oh no no no no no no"
as soon as page 2 loads i went, quite loudly i might add, "AW GOD D*MN IT!!!"

I expect you to PM me as soon as you're taking names for run #4.

ca Offline gunga

Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 06:55:43 PM
There's a decent chance I'm out of this one (#3).

I already have a ZA1 and ZA2, and finding that I like both on Natos best.  I also find it hard to keep 2 automatics going (not planning on getting a watch winder).  THis is too much like the frist 2 (Submariner and Deep sea homage) for me to justify.

I could stay in if someone wants my Submarniner #9 ZA1 (without cyclops) but I can't keep 3 autos going consistently...

Any updates Paul?

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #37 on: November 01, 2010, 10:21:23 PM
PM SENT :cheers:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 06:42:03 PM
no updates everything is on hold till after christmas as too much going on here at the moment with wedding and my course and work, i have aged a dial last week and it turned out nice ill take some pics asap,  :tu:

paul

ca Offline gunga

Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 07:57:17 PM
Ooooooh, satill would love to see what the final product will look like.  I'm a big fan of Natos now, after picking up a few more from Timefactors.  Great stuff.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #40 on: November 04, 2010, 09:15:18 AM
here is a aged dial with no cyclops, plus ive just done a case with no crown gurd for that vintage sub look, ill take pics of that once it has parts fitted,

ive aged the crystal on this as well and i will bleach the bezel insert and age the pip.,

ca Offline gunga

Reply #41 on: November 04, 2010, 04:38:18 PM
Hmmm, not so sure I'm really into the aged look.   Paul, do you have the pasrts for 1 sample yet?  You know, no date face, case with holes, domed plexi etc...

Is the bezel insert on the milsub going to have markings like that?

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: November 04, 2010, 08:03:03 PM
Hmmm, not so sure I'm really into the aged look.   Paul, do you have the pasrts for 1 sample yet?  You know, no date face, case with holes, domed plexi etc...

Is the bezel insert on the milsub going to have markings like that?

this is the sub case with a bezel insert like i will be using for the milsub, ive ordered a domed plexi to go on this plus i have another case without the crown guards, ive no no date window dials yet as the ones i wont are £15 each so looking around, plus im getting some new natos you all might like,

the aged look wont be for everyone and i can do all degrees of aging, here is another pic with some aging on the bezel and pip aged,ive ordered some yellow lume so these will have a good lume but aged, this one has been baked in the oven to age it,

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%