Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tiny keychain pill container

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Tiny keychain pill container
on: August 27, 2010, 03:34:57 PM
I’m a rather quiet person and don’t like noise, in fact I tend to get a headache when there is too much noise and stress around me. The pill container with painkillers I carry in my laptop bag is helpful, but not always with me because of the size. I found one much smaller.

Truth is this isn’t really a pill container – it’s a address note container for animal collars. I already have a smaller one on my keys with my name and telephone number, and thought I might be able to fit a prescription-free painkiller into one a bit bigger. I had to shave off a bit of the pill to make it fit, but after a 10 second job with a knife I was able to wrap the pill in plastic and fit it nicely in the container. I can now have at least that one pill with me wherever I go, on the paracord lanyard I use for my keys.

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Tiny keychain pill container
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 04:22:46 PM
I've seen those before but the ones I'd seen had a small hole in the base so I dismissed using them.  Good idea :tu:
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 05:35:44 PM
Those are nice i would like to get some of those. I am a hart patient  those would be a good size for Nitro tabs.

Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 05:40:12 PM
Those are nice i would like to get some of those. I am a hart patient  those would be a good size for Nitro tabs.

Mike

Err, don't Nitro tabs need to be kept in moisture-tight containers?  I'd be hesitant to use anything other than closed glass tubes within sealed non-reactive pill fobs for nitro tabs. :/

These types of ID carries can be found on Lee Valley's website, too, btw.

[Edit:  Yes, moisture is bad for nitroglycerine tablets. :/]

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 06:04:21 PM
I don't know if plastic foil would help the moisture issue, my pill isn't naked in the container either

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 09:38:21 PM
Those are nice i would like to get some of those. I am a hart patient  those would be a good size for Nitro tabs.

Mike

Err, don't Nitro tabs need to be kept in moisture-tight containers?  I'd be hesitant to use anything other than closed glass tubes within sealed non-reactive pill fobs for nitro tabs. :/

These types of ID carries can be found on Lee Valley's website, too, btw.

[Edit:  Yes, moisture is bad for nitroglycerine tablets. :/]

I think you are right the large fob i have now the whole bottle fits in it. I was hopeing to find sonething smaller.

Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 12:38:49 PM
I am always looking for something small to put in my migraine tablets. I don't need them very often, but I don't leave the house without one. You never know when you need them  :ahhh I have seen those containers over here, I should have a closer look if my pills will fit. Could you please measure the inner diameter of yours?

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 12:47:15 PM
The biggest one which has my painkiller (which I too use for headaches) has a 7mm inner diameter - say 6.5 for good measure. I had to shave off some of my pills to fit in there. The local (by local I mean I can stick my head out the window and throw rocks at it) pet store has a whole bunch of these in various shapes, I have the two smallest but they also had some bigger ones.

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 01:22:42 PM
Thanks! 7 mm could be just a little bit too small. I don't want to shave anything off these pills as they are no regular painkillers but special migraine pills. Don't know how much it will affect how they work if I cut them off.

I have a local store just a few minutes away from here, too. I will have a look at what sizes they have, maybe I can find something that fits.

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 02:12:31 PM
If not, let me know, and I can take my SwissCard's ruler over there and ask if I can measure their address containers. That won't sound weird at all  :D

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 05:11:42 PM
I am just back from that shop. They have just one size, and it's very small. Inside about 4,5 mm, and total length on the outside (without the loop) is 17 mm. I found some of them on ebay, but no one says a word about the size.  :rant:

I need something with at least 8 mm diameter to fit my migraine pills...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 05:23:16 PM by Turnstone »

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 05:34:43 PM
It is imperative that NG tablets be kept in air and water tight condition - don't mess with that.

I am pretty sure shaving down your meds would mess with the efficacy of them, but to each his own.

Turnstone, if you aren't too hung up on trying to get the impossibly small container I recommend a regular (and cheap) alu pill fob. They can be found on ebay, cheap HK sites and all over fairly easily.
I can fit a couple of pills in these usually :)

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=pill+fob&_sacat=See-All-Categories
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 05:47:58 PM
I definitifely won't cut anything off my expensive pills!  :ahhh And finding something not too bulky where I can store one with the packaging (cut off very tight) on my keychain would be perfect (but I guess I won't find anything small, I need 14 mm diameter inside...). I just love the idea...

I already have one of these small alu pill fobs, but they are bulky compared to what fits inside (8 mm inside, 15 mm outside). Getting an even larger one means this thing is going to be huge  :ahhh

I guess I will have to stick with my current method... I have two of my pills together with some regular painkillers and some pills for my sickness when I have migraine in a small box where a CF storage card came in. Fits in every pocket and in every bag.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 06:32:00 PM
Sounds like a good set up :)

Immigran/Summitriptan by any chance?! They are stupid money here too.

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 06:55:43 PM
Eletriptan. I get them on prescription (you can't get them without), but over here we still have to pay a fee for every prescription.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 06:58:48 PM
Eletriptan. I get them on prescription (you can't get them without), but over here we still have to pay a fee for every prescription.

Ah, similar stuff. Yes, our prescriptions are currently £7.50 I think, which is not fun if you need a lot of meds and are working  :-\

Migraines are horrible though, so we would probably pay whatever we had to!

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 09:57:51 PM
i get my meds free online  ;)

gb Offline nuphoria

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 10:01:59 PM

Tell...  :pok: :D

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 10:39:18 PM

Tell...  :pok: :D
Not likely  :o I and my...  :oops: lets stop here  :D

Offline xwingrox

• New User
Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 06:30:56 PM
If you want a better solution, I'd give Countycomm's Split Pea lighter a try. You just take out the lighter insert and you have a stainless/titanium pill capsule!

link: http://countycomm.com/tipeanutlighter.htm

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD