Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox SwissCard Lite: review, pics, video

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Victorinox SwissCard Lite: review, pics, video
on: August 27, 2010, 11:03:39 PM
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 01:47:55 AM by Cptnodegard »

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Re: Victorinox SwissCard Lite: review, pics, video
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 02:25:52 AM
Did you just remove all the text? =p

Anyway, read it earlier when you had the body of it here. Nice little review, I used my SwissCard Lite for much the same things until I switched to a very slim wallet. Now a SwissCard money clip... :drool:

The SwissCard is what made me realize that having a pin and scissors on you at all times is 100% awesome. :tu:
Got those frog legs.

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 02:38:26 AM
Yeah I removed it all since I doubt anyonw will ban me for linking to my own blog. It's a massive pain in the ass to reformat everything from HTML to BBCODE, especially with a lot of links and such in the text, and it's 2:35 AM so I'm getting tired after doing 3 reviews  :ahhh
It also occured to me that I can't edit the reviews in the future if I physically copy them here, while I can do that on my site. I often update my articles and so it's a pain to have old versions around. Didn't catch the last one in time though before the edit button disappeared, but this and the Squirt P4 review are most likely to get edits. This one if I ever get around to fitting a 91mm SAAK pair of scissors in there, and the P4 when I get the S4

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 03:40:21 PM
Nice review!

I got the SwissCard lite last year as a birthday gift and I like it a lot. Carry it in my wallet all the time. The red LED is quite useless (even weaker than your white LED), but in an emergency might be better than nothing. I use the pen, tweezers and the scissors most (I do have small hands and fingers, so the size is not a problem for me). The magnifying glass is useful from time to time, together with the needle and tweezers, to pull out thorns and splinters. I like the design of the screwdrivers, but I haven't used them once  :think: Maybe because I always carry another SAK or tool and I use their screwdrivers instead.

All in all a great tool, and because you can carry it in your wallet you can have it with you even when you can't carry a SAK or a MT. That's what I like so much about it  :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 04:15:46 PM
Nice review.

Andreas you just haven't lived until you get at least one Tool Logic card tool. They aren't that expensive, and I think you may be pleasantly surprised.  :pok:  :pok:  >:D
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 05:18:33 PM

Andreas you just haven't lived until you get at least one Tool Logic card tool. They aren't that expensive, and I think you may be pleasantly surprised.  :pok:  :pok:  >:D

Those look nice! At least the business card version, the ones with the "large" serrated blades just look wrong to walk around with in your wallet. It seems to be rather similar to the SwissCard Lite though so I won't get one unless I break this one or something. Cheaper is also nice

ca Offline Stirling3749

Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 02:44:44 AM
Nice review. I sometimes think about getting one to accompany my Swisstool Spirit but The Victorinox Compact SAK is also fighting for that spot.
Hey I wonder if that magnifier lense would light fires. Can't have too many ways to get a fire going. ;)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 02:52:20 AM
Sounds like the Tool Logic Survival card might be something you should look into Stirling3749.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 07:18:51 AM
Can't have too many ways to get a fire going. ;)

SHort circuit the battery and make it explode, voila fire :D

ca Offline Stirling3749

Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 05:44:20 AM
Hey those survival cards are pretty neat. Quite the badass blade for a card tool. :drool:
At that price I'm definately trying it out. Thanks Chako!
Yeah anyone looking at Swiss cards would be smart to also look at those toologic cards. More models to choose from and the buisness card version has long screwdrivers which the Swiss card is lacking.

I've never heard of the battery trick before Andreas. Sounds a bit dangerous but then so is dying of cold/hunger because there's no fire hahaha not a bad idea for a last resort. :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%