Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

3 kershaws up for trade

Zack · 9 · 1145

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
3 kershaws up for trade
on: September 02, 2010, 09:10:17 PM

Like the title says I have three kershaws I would to trade. They like new and have never been carried or cut anything,only fondled a few times.

Blackout (combo edge)
Leek (black plain edge, black dlc frame)
Skyline

Interested in benchmade axis lock knives, spyderco, maxped bags, atwood tools, or just make me an offer.

Also willing to sell all three for 90.00 shipped conus, add 5.00 for international.

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Re: 3 kershaws up for trade
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 01:11:55 PM
Have you any pics please Zack?

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 03:15:18 PM
Send me your email and I will send some to from my phone.

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 11:36:28 PM
I've have had a long think about this today, I'll have to pass Zack.  There are two reasons for this

1.There's been a bit of a problem with our UK customs guys of late flicking lock knifes open and declaring them as gravity knives. This means they get destoyed and the buyer never sees them.

2. What with the the micras and maglites going missing in the post on the way over the big pond last time, I would have to insist on a level of postage that would insure me if anything went astray, which would most likely cost enough to kill the deal.

All the best

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 02:34:23 AM
That's fine all the best.

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 08:40:38 PM
How long has it been Essexman? My stuff is usually quite quick from the US but I have heard the horror stories of packages taking months  :o :ahhh

I don't think there are too many here that have lost much on the US / UK route as it is reasonably secure  :tu:

I would wait it out a bit and maybe check your local sorting office just in case. Not sure how long USPS wait before something is offically classified as lost though  :think:

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 08:55:18 PM
Its been nearly 2 months pretty sure its long gone.

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 09:03:27 PM

That's a bummer  :-\

Any way of claiming anything? I'm pretty sure you can in the UK even with international stuff. As long you have proof of posting you can claim up to £40; I think  :tu:

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 10:44:30 AM

It’s been more than 3 months.

Just to set the record straight so no one reading this gets the wrong idea here’s what happened.

I purchased a pair of micras from Zack on June 3rd. 
Then on June 11th I purchased a pair of maglite XL100’s from Zack.
On June 28th I dropped Zack a PM with a inquiry of when they had been posted as they hadn’t arrived, Zack assured me he had posted them and they should arrive soon.
On July 25th I PM’ed Zack to let him know that they hadn’t arrived, Zack was on vacation at the time and offered to send more micras and maglite XL100’s at his own cost, on his return. I turned down his offer.

Why? As far as I see it Zack had done his part of the deal. Once paid for, the seller is responsible for packing and sending the goods in a timely manner. Once in the post it’s up to the postal service to get the goods to me! In hindsight I should have asked for shipping with insurance. Thinking about it I was a bit dumb, the micras were cheap so it wouldn’t have been worth while insuring them, the maglites cost a bit more, but I just didn’t think about it. The two combined would have been well worth the extra to insure.

Cerbera147– as you pointed out many members have had overseas sales from Zack with no problems with the post, I just put it down to my bad luck. I’ve had goods from the US take 6 weeks to arrive before, and others 3 days!  (How on earth supply captain can get a box of paracord to me in that time is still a mystery to me!). I’ve also posted goods to the US, Canada, Sweden, Australia, Israel, Italy, Germany, France without any issues ever. But I guess at some time it has to happen.

At the end of the day we have to trust each other here when buying and selling otherwise it won’t work. I have to trust that Zack has posted the goods, and Zack has to trust me when I say they didn’t arrive. This why the feedback system is so important. It provides us all with an insight of the sellers past deals and how they went. Zack’s got great feedback, and I wouldn’t hesitate buying from him again.

This forum is quite unique in that many sellers like Zack offer to ship worldwide, and that’s something I really appreciate as I know it takes time and extra effort. Saying that, I’ve now realized that this post really belongs in the feedback part of the forum, so I’ll repost it over there later.

All the best

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $10.00
PayPal Fees: $0.67
Net Balance: $9.33
Below Goal: $290.67
Site Currency: USD