Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The curious incident of the dog in the night-time

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
The curious incident of the dog in the night-time
on: September 03, 2010, 07:04:40 PM
This is a book written by Mark Haddon, and it's written from the perspective of someone who's austistic and has asberger syndrome. The main character (who is autistic/has asbergers) has a SAK in his pocket that is mentioned quite a few times:

"A Swiss Army knife with 15 attachments including a wire stripper and a saw and a toothpick and tweezers"

(I'm thinking Huntsman?)

"Talking to strangers is not something I usually do. I do not like talking to strangers. This is not because of Stranger Danger, which they tell us about at school, which is where a strange man offers you sweets or a ride in his car because he wants to do sex with you. I am not worried about that. If a strange man touched me I would hit him, and I can hit people very hard. For example, when I punched Sarah because she had pulled my hair I knocked her unconscious and she had concussion and they had to take her to the Accident and Emergency Department at the hospital. And also I always have my Swiss Army knife in my pocket and it has a saw blade which could cut a man's fingers off."

"But Siobhan said we have to use those words because people used to call children like the children at school spaz and crip and mong, which were nasty words. But that is stupid too because sometimes the children from the school down the road see us in the street when we're getting off the bus and they shout, "Special Needs! Special Needs!" But I don't take any notice because I don't listen to what other people say and only sticks and stones can break my bones and I have my Swiss Army knife if they hit me and if I kill them it will be self-defense and I won't go to prison."

"Then it was 1:20 a.m. but I hadn't heard Father come upstairs to bed. I wondered if he was asleep downstairs or whether he was waiting to come in and kill me. So I got out my Swiss Army knife and opened the saw blade so that I could defend myself. "

Many other mentions as well

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Re: The curious incident of the dog in the night-time
Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 07:17:23 PM
Could be WorkChamp.

It's got a locking blade.

For self defence.  ;)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: The curious incident of the dog in the night-time
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 07:26:56 PM
Vic Ranger is listed as having 15 functions (though not "attachments").
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%