Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Squirt ES4/PS4 Owner's Club

Andreas · 364 · 67367

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Re: Squirt ES4/PS4 Owner's Club
Reply #270 on: December 27, 2017, 05:22:32 PM
Ouch - spring arm broken... good luck getting it replaced, should not normally be a problem.

Sent on my SM-G930F with Tapatalk

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline n4vgm

Reply #271 on: December 27, 2017, 05:49:09 PM
My sister found the bit, it sailed off and I heard it hit the wall next to a rolling cart in the kitchen. I had given up finding but she came through!

Not that they need it to see it was broken but maybe they can learn something from how it came apart.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #272 on: December 27, 2017, 09:17:46 PM
My sister found the bit, it sailed off and I heard it hit the wall next to a rolling cart in the kitchen. I had given up finding but she came through!

Not that they need it to see it was broken but maybe they can learn something from how it came apart.

Trust me, LM already know, unfortunately it is quite a common fault on the small Squirt scissors, and seems to happen even if they are hardly used.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline n4vgm

Reply #273 on: January 03, 2018, 03:48:44 PM
I bought it used and use the scissors regularly. Oh well, I thought it might be of interest, metallurgically speaking. I just received a Style PS for myself as we will be flying soon but carrying that today. Nice little tool and so light weight.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #274 on: February 21, 2018, 03:20:51 PM
Great little tool! This one is always on the desk ready for action.
20180221_141537.jpg
* 20180221_141537.jpg (Filesize: 259.74 KB)
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #275 on: March 13, 2018, 03:57:36 AM
 :multi:
PS4.jpg
* PS4.jpg (Filesize: 132.72 KB)

us Offline Marcellus

• What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
Reply #276 on: March 16, 2018, 04:19:41 AM
Ok, I give up.

Please tell me where the date code is located?

My old eyes need a hint where to start looking.

Thanks

BTW the squirt is used as much or more than my other tools. At least in my case.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 04:21:45 AM by Marcellus »

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #277 on: March 16, 2018, 11:16:43 AM
Ok, I give up.

Please tell me where the date code is located?

My old eyes need a hint where to start looking.

Thanks

BTW the squirt is used as much or more than my other tools. At least in my case.

Plier end inside, only two numbers. Mine has 13, I think for the year only

us Offline Marcellus

• What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
Reply #278 on: March 16, 2018, 03:40:34 PM
Thanks Tazzie, got it

8/14 rivoted together.

Marcellus

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #279 on: June 03, 2018, 02:47:33 AM
I really like these newer squirts. I like em better than a swiss and they've even replaced my micra.
I don't need a real heavy duty tool, so these work really well for me, very light and easy to carry. The toolset works well for me as well.
IMG_1168.JPG
* IMG_1168.JPG (Filesize: 179.89 KB)

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #280 on: June 03, 2018, 02:56:09 AM
 :like:

us Offline Glockfan

Reply #281 on: June 04, 2018, 01:47:08 PM
Couple good looking tools there!

:like:

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #282 on: June 04, 2018, 05:49:18 PM
I snagged an ES4 from Amazon... I had no idea how small this thing actually is. The photos make it look like a full-sized tool. So I was very skeptical... and then I opened it up. Wow, it's actually quite a useful size when all folded out. Surprisingly so. And it works really well on all gauges of wire I've tried. It's going in my motorcycle tool bag permanently, and I'm going to have to buy another one for my workbench.

Charles.

us Offline Faddy Daddy

Reply #283 on: June 05, 2018, 03:49:01 AM
My PS4 stays in my pocket all the time, my ES4 at the bench.
Yeah, just a fantastic little tool, I still am amazed they've replaced my micra. I do like the tools opening up on the outside vs the internal micra, very handy.

um Offline mzil

Reply #284 on: June 07, 2018, 07:32:48 PM
^ You can modify the Micra so that the tools open from the outside, preserving 90% of the stock tools yet cutting the bulk in half:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlETPnEYoo4

us Offline Darrell85

Reply #285 on: December 23, 2018, 06:12:41 AM
Been looking at the es for quite a while now. I am a service tech, and would like a small multitool that has a real wire stripper that can disappear into my pocket until i need it as a backup or to save a trip back to the truck. I have had concerns about how well it actually functions with the small size. Anyone actually give this tool some real use? Thanks in advance for all input.

Offline Multitool_paul

Reply #286 on: March 01, 2019, 03:05:02 AM
Had the Squirt PS 4 on my key ring for 3 months, didn't like it. Never used the pliers, the outside tools got full of grime and hard to open, and for me the tools are generally too small to be practical. So I got a Micra which is much better for the keyring role for me. The Squirt I thought would be good because it had the manly pliers instead of scissors but it didn't work out. It lives in the desk drawer now where it won't get much use unfortunately, so I am member of the owners club but this multitool gets a fail from me in what I intended to use it for.  :cheers: 

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #287 on: March 01, 2019, 01:44:49 PM
Had the Squirt PS 4 on my key ring for 3 months, didn't like it. Never used the pliers, the outside tools got full of grime and hard to open, and for me the tools are generally too small to be practical. So I got a Micra which is much better for the keyring role for me. The Squirt I thought would be good because it had the manly pliers instead of scissors but it didn't work out. It lives in the desk drawer now where it won't get much use unfortunately, so I am member of the owners club but this multitool gets a fail from me in what I intended to use it for.  :cheers:

It is interesting how the same tool can get a totally different rating from two people just because their usage/needs are very different.  The PS4 didn't work out for you, and yet I've been EDCing a P4 as my sole EDC MT for years now, and have been very happy with it (and I have many, many other MTs I could EDC if I wanted to).  I'm not saying either of us is wrong, it is just how our requirements are so different. ETTO, YMMV and all that  :tu:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #288 on: March 01, 2019, 06:19:04 PM
Its very interesting the perspectives.  I quite like my P4 and PS4 very much.  The scissors on my PS4 have been flawless so far.  The tool set is wonderful.  I keep mine in my coin/watch pocket ready when needed.  I have a couple back ups just in case something go wrong with it.  I don't want to be without this tool. 
Esse Quam Videri

Offline Multitool_paul

Reply #289 on: March 02, 2019, 03:17:37 AM
It is interesting how the same tool can get a totally different rating from two people just because their usage/needs are very different.  The PS4 didn't work out for you, and yet I've been EDCing a P4 as my sole EDC MT for years now, and have been very happy with it (and I have many, many other MTs I could EDC if I wanted to).  I'm not saying either of us is wrong, it is just how our requirements are so different. ETTO, YMMV and all that  :tu:

Different strokes for different folks, really comes down to needs. When I got it I thought it was cool and would be really useful but it didn't workout as a keyring tool for me and gave me an excuse to buy a Micra which I love.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #290 on: May 24, 2019, 03:37:57 AM
Disappointed with the one I just picked up PS4. I had sold my blue early version many years ago, had a glossier finish, I wanted the E version but could never find it on sale...any way I got one today 25% off, but the philips is very tight/difficult to extract and does not snap back into handle, kinda have to shove it in, the scissors open nicely but again wont snap closed into handle either.

I think the rivet on the philips is too tight and is squeezing scales too much causing these issues. It was also bone dry, oiling it hasn't helped, might have to exchange it if it doesn't improve with some fidgeting, I don't recall if my previous version had these issues, but this one is pretty bad.

Can anyone tell me if this is close to normal operation? I don't want to drive back to the store, exchange it and find the same issue and have to go back again  :rofl: Honestly I've been getting a lot of duds/lemons lately and starting to get soured on new purchases unless it's a Vic which are always good...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 04:16:00 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

Offline mrdipy

• New User
Reply #291 on: February 22, 2021, 03:41:35 PM
Hey everyone. I have a question regarding the Squirt PS4 that I purchased recently brand-new. My tool has a very slight amount of give to it when the pliers are open. It's hard to describe, but if I hold one arm of the tool, I can ever so slightly wiggle the other arm of the tool. It means that the very head of my pliers don't match up completely, they're slightly misaligned, but I'm talking less than 1mm here. Is this fairly common with PS4s, or am I likely to have a defective unit?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #292 on: February 23, 2021, 04:15:41 PM
Welcome to :MTO: mrdipy  :cheers:

I believe from the way you are describing it, it is fairly common :think: not sure to what extreme you mean without pics of it though :shrug:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #293 on: February 23, 2021, 06:54:37 PM
Just checked my PS4 and I can see what you mean. However, when the pliers are used they meet up perfectly  :tu:

I couldn't take any pics as I didn't have enough hands  :pok:

I would suggest that it's a normal thing  :dunno:
They don't like it up 'em!

Offline inotrym

Reply #294 on: August 31, 2021, 06:32:50 PM
Hey everyone. I have a question regarding the Squirt PS4 that I purchased recently brand-new. My tool has a very slight amount of give to it when the pliers are open. It's hard to describe, but if I hold one arm of the tool, I can ever so slightly wiggle the other arm of the tool. It means that the very head of my pliers don't match up completely, they're slightly misaligned, but I'm talking less than 1mm here. Is this fairly common with PS4s, or am I likely to have a defective unit?

I have the same issue. Bought my ES4 a few months ago, but haven't had the time to use it at all, so it's basically new out of the box. It seems to be older stock (0516 code), don't know if that's any relevant.

Needless to say I'm a kind of bummed. First Leatherman, I paid 50 EUR and I can't even send it back because a) they'll probably send a PS4 back and b) it'll take months to travel from EU to USA and back.

Anyone knows if I can fix this myself?
20210831_185354.jpg
* 20210831_185354.jpg (Filesize: 139.3 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #295 on: August 31, 2021, 11:28:37 PM
Welcome to :MTO:  inotrym :cheers: I am not sure of a fix offhand but maybe someone else can come along and suggest something :salute:

Hope you can get this sorted :ahhh :cheers:

Offline inotrym

Reply #296 on: September 02, 2021, 07:26:49 PM
Thanks for having me.  :cheers:

I'm just starting out, so I have a fair amount of questions to post in various threads.

us Online Adam5

Reply #297 on: October 31, 2021, 03:06:45 PM
I can't believe that I haven't posted in this thread yet   :oops:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #298 on: October 31, 2021, 03:35:06 PM
Especially since you have 3 of the ES4s!!!!! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

:dd: :drool: :like: :like: