Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Squirt ES4/PS4 Owner's Club

Andreas · 364 · 67372

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Re: Squirt ES4/PS4 Owner's Club
Reply #60 on: November 03, 2010, 01:02:39 AM

I realize my spoon add-on would be a more logical choice for yoghurt, but I wanted to try the spork add-on I made today

um Offline mzil

Reply #61 on: November 03, 2010, 01:29:46 AM
How about a toothbrush? :)

de Offline Shorty66

Reply #62 on: November 03, 2010, 11:37:45 AM
I love the liner lock mod. I alrady would have done that one if mine had screws. Well, seems like i have to get another.... Which color should i buy?
I Already own black...
T - `cause i like tea :)

us Offline RFOneWatt

Reply #63 on: November 03, 2010, 03:56:49 PM
I love the liner lock mod. I alrady would have done that one if mine had screws. Well, seems like i have to get another.... Which color should i buy?
I Already own black...

Grey gets my vote.  I own black, grey and the wife has a pink Squirt.

The finish on the grey seems most resistant to scratches and wear IMO.

The liner lock is the awesome! I think Leatherman needs to hire Andreas.
Want a free and easy way to share files between all of your computers & mobile devices? Install this now and thank me later! http://bit.ly/eL1KjV

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #64 on: November 03, 2010, 05:10:36 PM
While the liner lock might seem like the most "impressive" the x-acto mod is far more useful in my experience. Nothing beats that blade for things like opening packaging or precision cutting of something, which is what I at least do a lot with the PS4. However considering how easy it was to add a liner lock I wish Leatherman would steal the idea. They could present it as a competitior to the Gerber Curve

us Offline RFOneWatt

Reply #65 on: November 03, 2010, 06:04:04 PM
Which color should i buy?
I Already own black...

Here is a decent Hi-Res picture of my Grey E4.  (I'm sure the ES/PS4 comes in grey also, but I'm too lazy to double check.)

Want a free and easy way to share files between all of your computers & mobile devices? Install this now and thank me later! http://bit.ly/eL1KjV

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: November 03, 2010, 06:05:47 PM
No it doesnt... would have taken you 1/50 the time to just check leatherman.com or amazon rather than posting two posts about it including a picture... :P

us Offline RFOneWatt

Reply #67 on: November 03, 2010, 06:22:01 PM
No it doesnt... would have taken you 1/50 the time to just check leatherman.com or amazon rather than posting two posts about it including a picture... :P

You can have YOUR post back, Andreas.

The picture was in a directory on my desktop so I posted it. (w/ a warning that it might not be available.)

Sorry for trying to help someone out with what information I had at my fingertips.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #68 on: November 03, 2010, 06:24:53 PM

Not needed mate.
I'm back!!

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: November 19, 2010, 03:51:33 PM
Received Squirt ES4 today

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #70 on: November 19, 2010, 05:31:22 PM
Cool..  :tu:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #71 on: November 19, 2010, 10:47:30 PM
Welcome to the club Vladimir.  :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: November 19, 2010, 11:00:38 PM
Today I received Squirt PS4 with pivots, date code 0210.
I'm already member, I have PS4

00 Offline Carlos

Reply #73 on: November 20, 2010, 12:07:24 AM
Another member here. I own a black ps4, with rivets :(
I think this would be the perfect key sized tool if it had some implements from the vic minichamp, namely: the philips driver, bottle opener and scissors.
Otherwise, a real good tool combination, small factory, strong enough for the size and no redundant/useless functions.

Offline fruitsox

Reply #74 on: November 20, 2010, 05:09:18 AM
i wish they had pink in the ps4/es4. i know it is a "gay"/feminin color but what i have found is noone wants to walk off with a pink multitool/knife. perfect example is me and my brother used to have mini griptillians i got the awesome looking od green with black blade and he got the pink with satin blade. after many months of making fun of him for the pink choice. one day we both had them clipped  on our bag for some at a soccer tournament and when we came back mine was magicly missing while his was sitting right next to just sittin there. guess it was karma...   :-[

um Offline mzil

Reply #75 on: November 20, 2010, 09:12:54 PM
Vladimir, could you please do me a favor and see if it too will securely store a standard pin, just as I discovered the PS4 does rather nicely? See post:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,23343.0.html   

Thanks for checking.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 12:09:03 AM by mzil »

cs Offline Vladimir

• No Life Club
Reply #76 on: November 21, 2010, 12:30:48 AM
Vladimir, could you please do me a favor and see if it too will securely store a standard pin, just as I discovered the PS4 does rather nicely? See post:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,23343.0.html   

Thanks for checking.

It's working:

us Offline markn951

• I'm actually Canadian
Reply #77 on: November 21, 2010, 01:42:14 AM
Got my PS4 a week ago, and I'm liking it quite a bit. It's much more pocketable than something like, say, a Surge :P

um Offline mzil

Reply #78 on: November 21, 2010, 03:21:30 AM
Vladimir, thanks for checking! I didn't want to endorse the pin storage "mod" I discovered as working for the ES4 as well until I had confirmation.

de Offline Shorty66

Reply #79 on: November 24, 2010, 10:49:04 PM
Mine broke yesterday: While trying to cut a little thicker wire (about 1,5mm) one of the springs broke right through.
I attached some fotos for you to see:

lets see how the warranty works out...

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #80 on: November 25, 2010, 10:51:57 AM
What was that wire made of?  :(
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #81 on: November 25, 2010, 07:18:16 PM
Though I maybe wouldn't use a PS4 on 1.5mm steel wire (i assume it was steel), I also wouldn't expect it to break the spring.  Notch the cutters perhaps, but not break anything.

de Offline Shorty66

Reply #82 on: November 26, 2010, 09:11:07 PM
I think it was steel wire - from a coat hanger or similar. Bendable by hand but even with my skeletool it took some amount of force to cut it.
I had my skeletool as a backup in my backpack but didn`t remember that until my squirt broke.
I must say though, that the suqird spring has a really small cross-section where it broke - seems like they tried to reduce the locking power by reducing the cross-section. I dont think thats too clever...

Offline arab

Reply #83 on: February 15, 2011, 10:19:18 AM
Thanks to Andreas!

I received my PS4 yesterday from the same EBay seller he got his from. Because of all the comments here about Pivots Vs Rivets, I asked for a PS4 with Pivots and received a nice new red one yesterday! I was told it was their last one :(

I've already been on EBay looking for a battered S4 I can cannibalise for alternative fittings - I especially like the look of its nailfile...

Anyway I'm impressed. The tool itself is nice and clicky in operation. I can see some areas where money has been saved - e.g. moulding lines on the casing - but I'm happy. This is replacing a 58mm Swiss Army Rambler and the 2 are very close in size; I'd say the LM is a little heavier and a little wider. I'm very fickle about my edc knife so time will tell if this stays. I've used a variety of the 58mm range of SA knives over the years - classic, Midnight Manager, Rambler and flirted with a Buck Minibuck 350 for a while.

Its interesting to compare the minibuck with the PS4 as they are very similar in what they offer. The minibuck is very small and well made but the pliers are difficult to use because they are difficult to keep in place when being used. Because of the design, they also fall open if kept outside of their rubber "boot".

Anyway, lets see how it goes!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #84 on: February 15, 2011, 07:09:23 PM
Welcome to the forum arab, sounds like you have  nice range of keyring sized tools. :cheers:

Offline arab

Reply #85 on: February 21, 2011, 10:56:31 AM
Thanks for the welcome  :tu:

I've already done the "pin mod" and have a secondhand S4 on the way to me which I'm planning to take apart to use some of its tools in my PS4 - specificlly the nailfile which looks better as a nail tool than the more heavyduty device in mine.

Anyway, a quick question. After I open my torx screws, what is the procedure for replacing them? Do I just stick 'em back in or do I need to use something to lock the threads?

us Offline New_World

• No Life Club
  • I EDC a cell phone
Reply #86 on: February 21, 2011, 11:48:43 AM
am I the only one who missed the s4?
I understand the micra is around, but..... I miss the smaller form factor, outside tools, and strong scissors in a small keychain package.

Leatherman...if you are reading this......please bring back the s4.  (am I the only one affected by this??)
Quality Control
Materials
Design

um Offline mzil

Reply #87 on: February 21, 2011, 06:59:17 PM
^ You might appreciate the Style CS, which also is beefy scissors (not pliers) based, as an alternative to the S4 (although no, it is not exactly the same).

I didn't fully appreciate the Style CS until I actually got one recently. Things to consider:

-noticeably flatter and thinner compared to the PS4 which is nearly 50% fatter (only 8.56 mm vs. the PS4's 12.5 mm, although the carabiner/bottle opener adds length)

-cool "miniaturized Skeletool" look  :tu: ["Have you a bottle opener?" "Why yes I do; check this out." (outside accessible too)]

-less expensive than the PS4 (or the Micra for that matter, at least from where I shop)

-outside accessible tools, unlike Micra

-beefy, sprung scissors, not a little, chintzy afterthought side tool

[standby for shameless plugs]

-interchangeable flat bit "mod" (free, no tools or modification necessary) http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,26036.0.html

-interchangeable 4mm micro bit "mod"  (free, no tools or modification necessary) http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,26042.0.html

-pin storage "mod" (free, no tools or modification necessary), unlike Micra http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,26043.0.html
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:45:54 PM by mzil »

us Offline New_World

• No Life Club
  • I EDC a cell phone
Reply #88 on: February 21, 2011, 08:24:28 PM
cool. thanks for the links.
I do own a style cs and it is pretty nice.
the screw driver has some play on it which is uncommon for leatherman.
Quality Control
Materials
Design

um Offline mzil

Reply #89 on: February 21, 2011, 11:30:30 PM
^Your file tipped with Philips/small screwdriver has some hinge play to it?  ??? Mine seems quite solid. Their 25 yr warranty is probably still in effect, I'd send it in for repair/exchange. They tend to have a no questions asked policy according to every post I've ever read about them, not that I've ever had any issues myself.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%